It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry trek across Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I feel pretty much apathetic towards the monarchy - as long as they don't cost much, keep out of my life and don't involve themselves in matters that don't concern them, like governing the country, I don't really give a toss what they do.
They are an utter irrelevance, a bit of an anachronism - a bit like your best set of china which you bring out when you get visitors or your favourite dotty old Aunt who you pat on the head and feed sherry on family get-togethers but other wise completely ignore or simply humour.

But I really don't get why people dislike Harry so much for doing this.
Sure, our government is downright negligent in their treatment of injured soldiers - that this is required to raise both awareness of their plight and funds for them should be seen as a damning indictment of successive governments and not Harry.

And if I had an opportunity to visit Antarctica I'd jump at the chance, at least I would have done a few years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie
Yes they do good at times but this is not one of those times. And the only reason why Harry served in the military is because it's a family obligation. There is no way the brass would let him anywhere near a combat zone, and all the praise adorned on him for his service defers attention away from the real blokes who do the hard yards.

It's sure not for me to advise Brits or Commonwealth citizens how to choose their head of state.

But. I was reading a very interesting book a few months ago, it's an autobiography by James Wharton called "Out In The Army". Wharton was the first openly gay trooper in the British Army. Anyway. Wharton's tank commander was Prince Harry. And they did serve in combat zones. They even managed to crash their armored vehicle and injure the Prince, although it wasn't reported. The Prince was only briefly mentioned in the book but Wharton said he was pretty much a sound guy & a good officer.

What would have your Prince do, then ? Unless there's a catastrophe he'll never be King.
He's chosen an Army life. Perhaps later on he'll do charity work ?

Either way. I wouldn't want to be Royal. I suspect it isn't half as easy as some think.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

boymonkey74

He has fought for the UK and been put in harms way just like any soldier, he has my respect.

That alot more than the democraticaly elected scum have done that we voted in.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Seems to be a lot of jealous people about at the moment, I have never gone hungry, always had a roof over my head, always had a job when I wanted one, clothed, booted, and reasonably happy, all without being a prince or having a billion dollars, good luck to him, all the crap he has to put up with from small minded jealous people,he did not not ask, it was all shoved upon him, yes, he could say damn it all, but would you??

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
God save the Queen... lol...during the early part of the second World war the king had his bags packed and was for the off if Germany invaded....

You have to laugh at these Loyalists. The Royals couldn't give a Flying ~#@* about the people of the UK...we are just a source of income to them, and a good one at that.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You can say a lot about Harry. One thing you can't though is that he's a pussy. He's the only royal that I would share beers with. The dude's a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join