It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we cope if the SHTF and no medications?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I suppose I would try to get as much of any medication I needed stocked up just in case.

But diabetes and other medical issues need medication everyday...how would they cope? Are there any alternatives?

Some People need medication to survive ... maybe just stock up? Some Chemists in AU won't let you buy the medication on repeat all at once...so I feel that this issue could be a real problem for some People.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

We will cope the same way we did before big pharma poisoned us.
If shtf, folks would have to work harder, burning more calories becoming healthier, also eating foods that are better for them,
Just the eating real food and exercising would eliminate the need for probably 95 percent of all the crap pharma being prescribed at the moment.

Honey is an antibiotic and salve, and there are many many more medicinal herbs that have not even been mentioned.
That's how

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Some will die some will go crazy many others will learn to cope that do not have major issues.

Many diseases will make comebacks and run rampant basically it would suck. A cold could turn into pneumonia easily for many. Snake oil salesmen will make a comeback though.

If herbal remedies worked so great then modern medicine wouldn't have found a foothold in the world.

Yup it would suck.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Anti - seizure meds, diabetes meds - there will be a huge black market -

Almost everyone with any sense of whats going on -

Especially with obozocare - there are good docters and pharmacists that know what's going to happen -

And they know the meds worth keeping - and none of them are anti-depressants, or expensive anti-psychotics.....

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So big pharma has poisoned us by increasing our lifespans from 30 years to almost a century? Is that what you're saying? No dude.

The advances in medical science over the last couple hundred years do not equate to "poison". How about penicillin, understanding how infectious diseases spread, or bionic limbs? I guess stuff like that is just a plot by the NWO to keep the wage slaves in line or something?

A few hundred years ago people were blaming Jews for poisoning wells and causing the Black Death. You could be burned at the stake for having a mental illness. Medical science has done a lot of good for humanity lately.

My answer to the OP is that many many people will suffer and die from previously treatable conditions. Childbirth will probably become a leading cause of death for women everywhere. And there will be no more old people.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

There's lots of natural antibiotics - I'm glad you don't know about them.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

we'll cope with it the same way we did before big pharma turned medical innovation into a profitable commercial product.

We will die.

As with all the other things that the modern age has addicted us to, or created for us that we can not survive without (tv, internet, macdonalds).. without it we will revert back to a state where the weakest die and the strongest survive.

Bell curve that, future generations!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

"Evolution?"

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Trust me, what would happen is once you stop taking all that medication you'd actually "get well". It's the pills that are making you sick. That's what they're designed to do, plus be addictive. Most people find when they finally get off their meds, they get well again. It's a big pharma scam

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
there are a bunch of meds that are marketed for fish & pets... that are not processed for human consumption but which are both effective and available to put in your SHTF stash to survive

there was a recent article of the 3 antibiotics you should hoard....
the Cipro~something was one of the three drugs proclaimed to be needed after the collapse happens...
Cipro is the anti bacterial drug demanded to be available for the past Anthrax scares

herbal medicine And folk remedies are the core treatment protocols that will be available to all of us who are not in the Elite group

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
With no medication for my Sjogrens and neuropathies I'd just go jump off the Ben Franklin Bridge. No .. wait ... I'd jump off the Commodore Barry bridge. It's closer to the house. Seriously ... life would be unbearable.

edit on 11/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

People with high or low blood pressure or autoimmune diseases or neuropathies would completely disagree with you. For others your statement might be true. But not for me.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've looked into this for my Epilepsy.

The answer for me would be more sleep and a herbal remedy.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

There has to be a plethora of information out there now about this subject. If anyone finds a pdf please link back to this thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think it depends largely on what the illness is, but a great number of people may find themselves getting better.....if they survive the forced detox from modern pharmaceuticals. That is no small matter and what may literally claim a shocking % of our fellow citizens in any major disaster. Probably within 30-60 days for those it will happen to at all, IMHO.

I really think people would be surprised at just who and what conditions came to actually improve though. I'd never wish that path to find out on anyone, but it would have interesting truths in the end, I'm pretty sure of it.

*People might also want to make sure they have a couple of the basic, common sense type home remedy books too. Not the snake oil gimmicky ones but explaining the many uses of vinegar, for example. Basic stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You neglected to mention all the people who take things like anti-psychotic's I've read that a significant percent of the population takes meds for one form of mental illness or another.

in the days before modern medicine these same folks were kept locked in in asylums.
So in a real SHTF event there are no meds, no asylum's and your at the mercy of your environment....

Better start studying on holistic medicine before that day comes

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That why due to my connections I have HUGE stash of all sorts of meds.

If SHTF I have some trade items more vauble than my weight (239lb) in gold haha

I will be the richest man in my area.

Plus I have them stashed far away in a secret place so those pesky raiding partys cant get to them.
edit on 23-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sadly lots of people will die without their meds. Those who can live without them probably wouldn't make it through withdrawal.

Without meds institutionalization would become necessary, just like in the old days with TB/mental asylums and leper colonies.

Where I grew up there was an old TB asylum. There was a 10' wrought iron fence/gate all around the place. The old mental institution was built the same way. Without modern drugs that's all they had, for more common afflictions imposed quarantine was routine.

My grandma told me she would impose quarantine herself when the kids got sick, just so she wouldn't be subjected to the dreaded sign on the front door.

Modern people are stupid they won't self quarantine. We would have to be suspect of everyone. Without meds it would be like opening pandora's box. Disease/mental illness/crime/corruption would run amok...not a world I want to live in.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It may help if someone obtained some alternative medicine books with natural remedies that can perhaps be used to support those ill and in need of medical attention if no medications are present...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

The drugs that increase our lives are a very small fraction of all of the useless crap that is put out.
And did nobody ever add WAR into the equation as to why we live longer?
Immunity is another factor to be weighed, those who live out a pandemic are generally immune and pass that onto later generations.
Do you deny that clean water, healthy food and exercise are the very best medicine?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join