It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands protest in Japan against new state secrets bill, ‘Don't take away our freedom’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

This is a good thing,to see people standing up for their rights-my best wishes to the Japanese population.Now,with the whole Fuku(p)shima problem,transparency is more important than ever-clampdowns on info to the local Japanese+indirectly to the globla population,is the last thing the world,especially the Japanese need now!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I think for a running democratic Process such a Law could be even helpful,
after 3/11 we had literally Millions of People on the Street, Tokyo saw the
biggest Demonstrations ever and still now we have the weekly Happenings
in front of the PM House with thousands of People,
this Law may add fresh Wind because i doubt that anyone accept it.

The People get more and more Angry and imo this is good,
we need "angry" People because only angry People may change something.

Even the Japanese Press, as you can see, is concerned and published
Letters of Protest, such a thing never happened before!

Personally i think that this Law is not because of Fukushima
or that the Topic Fukushima get affected by it,
but what do i know

(the Discussion about this Law newly started after a Japanese Navy Officer
published a Video on Youtube where Two Boats,
on the left Side "China" (Clap Clap) and on the right Side "Japan" (Clap Clap)
had a Race and afir the Japanese Boat got hit by a unfair Attack from the
Chinese Boat and needed Repair.

Since this Video gone Public the Trouble about this Islands return on the Table
of the International Politics, than the former Tokyo Headmen
who is a famous Rightwinger bought this Islands from the Owner
and changed the legal Status)

Regards

edit on 1-12-2013 by Human0815 because: info

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Everyone knows by now that this law passed though the government and is now the law of the land here in Japan. I have been here though all of it. I living here before all this madness started and I am still here now. This is an odd time here in Japan. The divisional rifts which are forming in the society here are strong and run deep. I could see that these rifts were always here but these days it is all coming out in plain view. All the unspoken things that most people are fully aware of here in Japan are finally being talked about openly for the first time in many years.

These days, there is a progression of certain deep rooted contradictions which are reaching a breaking point. This state secrets law is a clear example of this. The bourgeois government here has always been highly disconnected from the people of Japan. After the war, they relied on a feeling within Japanese society to respect authority as absolute; a carry over from the days of old school imperialism. The thought police from those days such a good job of convincing the people that the power of authority is so absolute that it takes a lot, even these days, for society to go into revolt. People`s revolt has only happened twice in post-war Japan; the student led Maoist uprisings in 1960`s and the current popular upraising happening. Those in power here know full well that Capitalist is failing globally and they can no longer depend on American imperialist to protect them. The people here are tired of this form of government, the manner in which society is ordered, the total mishandling of nuclear power and Fukushima as well as many other things.

I fear that things are going to get very dark here in Japan in the coming years. This government is going to get crazy very quickly as the Olympics inch closer and closer. The rich here are desperate for increased profits and to so-call clean up the image of Japan internationally. Crack downs on the people have already started and it is only going to get more intense in the coming years. The fascist Abe`s next step is to reactivate the Japanese military. He is going to go after article 9. In order to maintain fascist control he must transform the SDF into a aggressive combat able military force.

I hope all of you don`t mind if I share something with you. I am not trying to promote myself or anything like that but I did upload a video recently to youtube about the coming attack on article 9 here in Japan.

<< 1   >>

join