It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The term light is used frequently in areas of musical lyrics, poems, theology, philosophy, and other areas as well. Many of those areas are subjective and thus can cause confusion on the actual meaning of the word "light." This isn't to say that the word couldn't have an absolute meaning, its just to say that many project it to mean different things based on a persons perspective.

My understanding of light is information or knowledge. The reason being is because when light is in the physical world, it is merely a vehicle to deliver information. Light is experienced and is subjective just like knowledge can be for an individual. By experienced I mean that we don't see electromagnetic waves, we see colors, brightness, and more specifically objects. Our eyes take the data from the light and process them into a image that we then experience(see).

I would like to get your perspective on what light means to you.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

To 1 it has its definition within dictionaries globally but is associated with BRIGHTENING the way for dark consciousness or thinking related to the unknown not understood.
So if something is not understood and is clarified from or by another to assist then LIGHT has been shared as a Service to Others as you help them to understand that which was not understood in an area that was dark, dark because one could not see that in which they seek...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ralphy
The term light is used frequently in areas of musical lyrics, poems, theology, philosophy, and other areas as well. Many of those areas are subjective and thus can cause confusion on the actual meaning of the word "light." This isn't to say that the word couldn't have an absolute meaning, its just to say that many project it to mean different things based on a persons perspective.

My understanding of light is information or knowledge. The reason being is because when light is in the physical world, it is merely a vehicle to deliver information. Light is experienced and is subjective just like knowledge can be for an individual. By experienced I mean that we don't see electromagnetic waves, we see colors, brightness, and more specifically objects. Our eyes take the data from the light and process them into a image that we then experience(see).

I would like to get your perspective on what light means to you.

I read somewhere once that sailors need the dark in order to be able to navigate the sea.

The darkness is where our creativity lies, we need it to be able to grow. As in the dark we seek the light,
the light to me represents the understanding, the ability to put things into perspective. To see clearly what before was unseen.

If you have a dark room, and shine a torch around it, the things that you point the torch at will become manifest.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I agree with your conclusion that light is information, it is what the bible calls the "Word". Words are information, so is light, so the image we see is the Word of God and we are the Word made flesh.

I think you'll enjoy the thread I made a few days ago, if you care to you can check it out.

You are the Light of God

S&F
edit on 22-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
From my point of view if we are talking about spirituality then light is the same as chi/ki that are related to chakras or whatever term you want to call them.

Some seem to have gotten the root burn to work

The hidden ones reporting that they are awake and ready.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I would like to get your perspective on what light means to you

To me the physical phenomenon of light represents our perception of one of the most energetic forms of electromagnetic radiation.

The poetic/philosophic/ideological concept to me usually denotes positivity in some way weather it be written in literature or somehow represented in a sculpture/painting.

new topics

top topics

join