It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
STOP the world. I want to get off.
Crap like this makes me ashame to be a member of the human race. Are people losing their minds? I am not joking, I am being very serious here. Are people for some reason slowly but surely going insane?
I am starting to wonder if maybe the end of the world is overdue.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by Nephalim

Don't forget about those moose chucking canadians.

Mmmmm. Moosemeat samiches. So tasty.

Oh wait, is that racist if it's on bread?

Is it only PB & J, or any sandwiches?

What if I like peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches?
Oh gawd, moose meat and lettuce samiches.
Maybe on a pita? With salsa?

Sigh... Makes one's head hurt....

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Domo1
reply to post by Nephalim

Don't forget about those moose chucking canadians.

Weirdo Round bacon eatin PB&Jers... yeah.. they have not been forgotten...

Seriously though, I said that to the husband and he just looked puzzled. I showed him the article. He was pretty speechless. He also asks what does it make him if he liked CRUNCHY peanut butter and wheat bread.
In all seriousness though, things have gotten out of hand. We are like a parody of a rational society anymore. I sincerely want to hear that these articles and things are false, hoaxes or Onion articles. I cant hardly believe that people are behaving like this.. or the minorities they are "protecting" arent screaming foul. Even here.. we can type anything racist : cracker whitey spic slope you name it.. but 'n-word' is a protected word that apparently the benevolent folk think is so powerful it will cause pathetic poor sensitive thin skinned black folks heads to explode .. so it has to be censored. Id be pretty damned pissed off if I was thought of as so weak and incapable if discerning racism from jokes from just ignorance. I dont mean ATS is bad for it.. and I understand exactly WHY they are doing it lest we devolve into "another place" but damn... isnt anyone seeing the problem and ramifications of this sort of insanity?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Its about time society does something worthwhile , now when is ATS going to put a "responder" button or press 2 button during live streaming?

Also shouldn't we concentrate on swiss cake rolls next. I mean why did they have to use the chocolate section to protect the WHITE layer.

You think I'm kidding and its a coincidence huh, Well what about oreos? YEAH, again the white section is all nice an comfy and protected by the chocolate layer. Yeah coincidence , sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
From what I can tell, it's not just the schools. Kids can't play outside even in their own front yard without someone calling the police, you can't have a garden in your own backyard, veggies must be dangerous, it's the crime of the century if your child eats a slice of pizza or bread and in doing so it resembles anything close to the shape of a gun. So now you have a PBJ sandwich considered racist.

edit on 11/21/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

I work in a high school that's diverse with many different cultures. I've had numerous conversations with my students about their different traditions, food, dress, holidays, the type of climate and terrain of the country they originated from, which I have found extremely fascinating at times. We've had many serious conversations about each others cultures, and there are times where they laugh and joke about each others differences and cultural traditions.

Some of them have come from war torn countries, which helps me get a perspective of where some of these kids are coming from and their feelings about America. I don't teach Geography, but I can tell you this, over the years it has really enlightened my understanding of the different cultures around the world.

What's great about kids, is they look past their cultural differences and they all get along. Maybe governments of the world should follow their example.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If you want to get ahead of the curve, I can give you a hint on what the next major problem will be.

Remember when we were worried that people who couldn't read English would have trouble with bathroom signs? The solution was to put up a male and a female figure by the appropriate door. Picture the female symbol, and look at the legs. You can see her legs below the hem of the skirt.

What happens to a woman in a Muslim country who lets her legs show? Voila! The new PC offense. Start a business making new bathroom signs, the government will require them, and you'll make a million dollars the first month.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Has anybody who travels outside of the US ever noticed that the only time being an American is considered racist, is when you are being an American in the USA?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Over here in CN all the kids play together without any problems. Riding bikes, skateboards, playing army and all manor of childhood fun and games. No one cares and no one calls the police because they are playing unsupervised. Many of the kids walk to school by themselves or ride their bikes. After school many of the kids buy hotdogs or other snacks while walking home. We just do not have any of the PC garbage and the kids can just be kids.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by pstrron

I work in a high school that's diverse with many different cultures. I've had numerous conversations with my students about their different traditions, food, dress, holidays, the type of climate and terrain of the country they originated from, which I have found extremely fascinating at times. We've had many serious conversations about each others cultures, and there are times where they laugh and joke about each others differences and cultural traditions.

Some of them have come from war torn countries, which helps me get a perspective of where some of these kids are coming from and their feelings about America. I don't teach Geography, but I can tell you this, over the years it has really enlightened my understanding of the different cultures around the world.

What's great about kids, is they look past their cultural differences and they all get along. Maybe governments of the world should follow their example.

Thats what Ive found too.. to a certain age. Then it goes to heck..

Now not as much as I was doing before I destroyed my knee being a moron, but I work with inner city kids they call " disadvantaged youth" ... stupid terms. Anyway, I go up Saturday to ref a game .. and Im going to bring a peanut butter sandwich in a few formats : white bread pbj, tortilla pbj, etc. Ill be sure and inform them Im racist. They know me well.. so theyll know Im running a game on them. LOL! Im printing this insane article out and letting them have a look and see what is said. Ill surely come right back to this thread on Sun or Mon and tell you all what real live black kids (snicker) think... not the ones they pretend to be looking out for. Im not sure they exist.There IS a racism.. its one taught to them and promoted by certain community leaders.. and perpetuated by whites with an agenda... not white folks. If you disagree.. spend a while in my shoes.. or actually get involved in your community. Step out of your comfort zone and try it. Our only real hope is getting them thinking while there is still an opening. Not agreeing like good robots, but having the open mind and information to make their own decisions. Information is suppressed in certain communities.... true. These are older teens and I value their opinions on things. Even when I dont agree.. I learn a hell of a lot about the whys and hows they come to certain things they believe are true. These kids have a choice.. stay out all night Friday and do whatever.. or stay home, get some sleep and show up at 6:30 am to use the facility. These are GOOD kids, not perfect kids, but kids who want more. This should be a real hoot!

ETA.. Im not far from East St Louis.. the 618.

edit on 21-11-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

pstrron
I simply do not know where to begin with this as it is utter stupidity. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered racist??? Political correctness and fear of offending someone has now reached a new low. Frankly why should anyone care if people in the US eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Next thing you know some poor unsuspecting child brings a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to school for lunch and then gets labeled a racist.

Did you know that eating or even talking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered racist? That’s right. Apparently, it’s because people in some cultures don’t eat sandwich bread. Verenice Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland explained in and interview with the Portland Tribune: “Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said. “What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

Source

What next will be considered racist? What say you ATS?

Mods if you need to move the thread please do so.
edit on 11/21/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

yeah, pretty stupid.

how about some kid, with a vegemite sandwich?

somali? really? goat stew and rice? (no idea what they eat) lol!

don't these people know, that these kids keep food in their lockers? no access to refigeration or able to heat something up to temp?

i brought some beef tips and i need to use the stove, ya got some mushrooms i can borrow?

lol!!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

alfa1

pstrron

Did you know that eating or even talking about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich could be considered racist?

What next will be considered racist?

Speaking English will be considered racist.
here's a hypothetical quote from the near future:

“Take the English language, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said. “What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not speak English?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans speak English, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they speak Spanish. Or Portuguese.”

You know, that is hilarious, until it sets in that while a joke, this hypothetical future actually could become the reality.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

pstrron
To even further the insult the school has gone so far as to require intensive staff trainings regarding their own “white privilege,”. Can someone please tell me where a peanut butter and jelly sandwich means “white privilege,”.

The Tribune noted that the school started the new year with “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” to help educators understand their own “white privilege,” in order to “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance.”"Last Wednesday, the first day of the school year for staff, for example, the first item of business for teachers at Scott School was to have a Courageous Conversation — to examine a news article and discuss the ‘white privilege’ it conveys,” the Tribune added.

lol!! you check out the prices of high-end peanut butter and jelly, lately?

more than a pack of baloney and cheese!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

markosity1973
So, does this also mean that if Mexican person offers me a delicious tortilla in trade for my peanut butter and jelly sandwich at school, we're both racist because we just talked about and God forbid traded lunches?

My brain hurts just thinking about this one...

on another forum. i brought up trading lunches as a kid.

1/2 of mine for 1/2 of yours!

or just the whole dang thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Im2keul
I'm confused, I had PB&J on tortilla bread. Now what??

as long as you don't eat it on a cracker everything will be fine.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This was posted a year ago.

Racist Portland PBJs

A whole lot of face palm just thinking about the story.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Kr0nZ
I dont get it..

Soo what if some cultures dont eat sandwich bread, some cultures also dont eat pork or beef... does that make those racist aswell??

oh my, NO! not them.

every culture i know of, eats a form of bread.

unleavened or not. or even not made of wheat, for some of you nicky pickys.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

lol!! you check out the prices of high-end peanut butter and jelly, lately?

Here it runs about 24 RMB a jar or roughly $4 and if you want chunky it cost even more. A small amount of cheese will set you back $20+ and we are talking only 3.2 oz. And you all thought CN was cheap for food.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

pstrron
reply to post by Advantage

My wife is a Pacific Islander and she thinks the US has gone insane. All this PC is beyond comprehension. I'm sure that what we eat here is bound to not fall into the PC guidelines. And we do like PBJ sandwiches...
I guess we are racists for eating them.

i usually do an open faced pb&j, should piss off the french, lol!!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist

^I've been saying this for years. (o_O' )

Lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join