It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Muslim´s peace conference in Oslo.. speaks volumes !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

dragonridr

WilsonWilson
I studied history at a level and degree level.
it was pretty much accepted that the crusades for the most part were about sending the riff raff of out of europe so they wouldnt harrass the locals but would be occupied harrassing the muslims.
While some might have bought the ideological argument, it was really a matter of spring cleaning.

Well in your case i strongly suggest a refresher course. Because your clueless first in the crusades it was the nobility and people with social standing that went mostly to impress the pope in hopes of increasing there prestige. Why i can discuss but not the thread for it is it?

No, you're wrong about the nobility going. Sure they went, but it was kinda like rich kids going to Bonaroo - they went to be able to say to their friends back home "OMFG I TOTS WENT". The peasants went because they were promised to be absolved of their sins, and young sons went so they could find their fortune. Terry Jones talks about it in his Crusades documentaries, which are amazing.

And the Pope at the time, Pope Urban II, basically started the Crusades because no one liked him. Rally round that thar pope flag!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

ScarletNyx

dragonridr

WilsonWilson
I studied history at a level and degree level.
it was pretty much accepted that the crusades for the most part were about sending the riff raff of out of europe so they wouldnt harrass the locals but would be occupied harrassing the muslims.
While some might have bought the ideological argument, it was really a matter of spring cleaning.

Well in your case i strongly suggest a refresher course. Because your clueless first in the crusades it was the nobility and people with social standing that went mostly to impress the pope in hopes of increasing there prestige. Why i can discuss but not the thread for it is it?

No, you're wrong about the nobility going. Sure they went, but it was kinda like rich kids going to Bonaroo - they went to be able to say to their friends back home "OMFG I TOTS WENT". The peasants went because they were promised to be absolved of their sins, and young sons went so they could find their fortune. Terry Jones talks about it in his Crusades documentaries, which are amazing.

And the Pope at the time, Pope Urban II, basically started the Crusades because no one liked him. Rally round that thar pope flag!

It was actually about land more specifically italy. Muslims came to dominate italy and the papacy was worried the seat of Christianity would fall to Islam. It got so bad the church was paying peasants to move to Italy.So his main goal was to re Christianize Sicily after centuries of muslim rule.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When will we learn that religion is not what is sick but man. Man is the one who has the choice to rape, beat, Jihad or crusade. A religion doesn't plan a murder and then enacts it, it is a human being that picks up a gun and shoots. Does religion influence someone to act this way? Does TV show a man how to murder someone and get away with it? Do armies kill innocent people in the process of implementing "freedom" and "democracy" in some nations? Do we live in double standard societies? Yes, yes, yes and yes! So which one should stay and which should go.

Please stay seated comfortably in your recliner and keep trying to solve the worlds problems from a PC.

People kill people, remember that. Hate breads hate, respect begets respect.

How many times have we said on ATS that the news PROGRAMMING will show you certain things that happen in the world and ignore others for a specific reason, to meet an agenda?

So hate on people, next year, if the media feels like it, they will report on how many people get pooed on by birds and people will start hating them.

The news rarely gives you anything good mostly negativity and problems. Worry about the problems in your life that you can touch and see not the ones on TV. Don't get distracted, stick to what is concrete and in your immediate surroundings, why do you make other countries problems yours? Go clean your room or help your neighbor or do something that will be useful for yourself or your community. Not a thread aimed at creating hate and division, we already have the news for that.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Please contribute to previously existing thread located here.

Thanks

Thread Closed.

<< 1  2   >>

join