It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL Things Survival: 11/21/2013: NEW 3 Hour Show Format!!! Come On and Sit a Spell With Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thursday, 11/21/2013 at 8:00PM EST

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Michael

Hour One

FIRE

All about the many different ways to make it, how important it is and how NOT to be "burned" without it.

Hour Two

The Mora Knife Revolution

What makes these little buggers so attractive to pioneers, bushcrafters and survivalists everywhere?

(That's right Jack, KNIVES... LMAO)

Hour Three

RULES of THREE

Back to the basics boys and girls. Always a good idea

PLUS.. Gardening With Laura, OFF the GRID with Doug, and Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE
edit on 11/21/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Fire starting, huh?

I like the 9v battery and steel wool method. Used it a couple times when those damn fireproof matches weren't so fireproof.

Have a great show folks!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Gardening With Laura is a special treat tonight. Think sweets, survival style.

Of course there will be instructions, so pencil and paper will come in handy. Refer to my thread: Gardening with Laura

for the recipe.

BT

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I've had the opportunity to hear the show. And I have to say that I learned a few things from listening tonite. I need to get back into the habit of listening to ya guys (and gal).

Really enjoyed hearing the info and the banter between the hosts..! Good Stuff.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I forgot the one big thing I had to wait to say... But..
I Like the 3 Hour Format!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I might like the 3-hour format. I will have to see next week. Sorry, I fell asleep during the Knife Hour and missed the rest of the show. Good stuff on the fire starting. Old BIC lighters are good for the flint that remains after the gas is gone. I have been looking for the kind of mechanical pencil with the spring-loaded prongs so I can try placing old flints inside and have a good striking instrument. Hard to find a lot of things here in Mexico. I do what I can though.

Outside of a global or regional cataclysm I doubt many of my neighbors would even notice right away if TSHTF. Tribal bushmen are likely the best prepared for such disasters and their way of life may not be impacted at all. Us city folk, many of us, will be doomed. Just knowing a few basic and essential skills can make all the difference, the kind of things you learn in the Boy Scouts. In fact an old Scouts manual has a lot of good information - one of your best bushcraft guides available. Curious if they still teach the same sort of things these days.

Thanks for the show. See you next week.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
there was a good video on youtube about how to make fire even if it's been raining for weeks and is still raining. It's not hard afterall. It just takes longer. It's hard to explain, it just involves getting into the center of logs where it's dry, the preparing the inside of the log by cutting it into ultra small, small, twigs, sticks, and then small logs. Not as hard as I thought originally.

top topics

join