It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescue plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Today I read about the Chinese plans and can see a war in the future. There is an alternative which I like to discuss.

Now how would tomorrow look like to you the reader if my plan were to succeed. My plan is to arm everyone with a gun modified to be a virtual weapon. So a camera in the nozzle, a computer to pass information about who got shot then every army would get those weapons and the whole world would participate in a make believe war.

This way, everybody could still compete, find out who is the strongest of them all without having to use actual weapons. In 5 years everybody could be armed and the war could begin, all simulated with every country working together. This is the only way out I see.

The obstacles are the people who want it all to happen for real. They are in the minority but they have all the power to make it all happen. The investors are interested as this game would be used after the wars and it would turn into a competition of nations which would be repeated every decade so it might be different countries would be number one after practice and training and technological advancement.

In theory it sounds great and what the world needs to do but in practice almost nobody will listen to a single poster or those who respond to this thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

What Chinese plans? links please.
So you want wars to be virtual? and every nation will have to stick to the rules?
I thought of this when I was about 10 but then I grew up.
Not going to happen so don't waste your time with it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd also like to see a link to the plans you are talking about. At least for me, it would help me understand how your train of thought led you to this conclusion.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now I already was nonprofit, I'm not in it for the money, it's my future as well and I don't want war in there.

All weapons can be simulated, from VX gas spread with wind directions (from meteorogical services) or nuclear fallout, even the 'primitive' tribes can participate with bows and arrows and computers will calculate trajectories. They may appear less threatening than a guy with a gun but they can kill just like anybody else and when they shoot, they hit unless they chose not to in the last moment. They must be explained however how programmers may tell computers what to do but once that is done the computers run themselves.

Countries in the middle East will be treated just like any other country. It doesn't really matter who the arms supplier is to the computer, only the data about the weapons matter. So the current argument the arms dealers have to give permission would be considered void during the virtual wars.

Every country will have their own HQ with equipment which every country can check so everybody will know it's fair game and the outcome isn't rigged. During the war, one place will be designated as the HQ for the world, preferably the North Pole but any island might do. At the HQ the different factions can talk with eachother about the progress of the war and check eachother in case of arguments about who won. Which there will be, that is part of it all.

The people at the HQ must be of all specializations, not only military but religious as well, psychics, shamans, doctors, police, judges, they all need to be represented. In case of foul play, a special team identifiable by everyone with the naked eye go in and remove the players and investigate. If necessary the simulation would be done again and again until there are no more complaints of cheaters.

At the end, everyone will know which nation is the strongest and everybody will have to accept the winners as the leading nation for a decade, meaning they would get the first look in everything, they would be offered global deals first, which is all part of another plan in progress. This is not only an agremeent, but for example certain Africans might take the victory as a sign that the winner is the leader and they should offer them oppertunities first, in society, people from that nation might be seen as winners in everything and they would become more succesful in everything.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Big flaw in your plan is that only If one nation was to cheat and using real guns......
You really think everyone would accept the outcome on a virtual world war? really?
Anyhow Iam out...not in the mood for nonsense.

edit on 20-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How do you build the virtual suicide bombers vest? Because not everybody adheres to rules

And if somebody were to virtually shoot you, do they get your home and all its belongings?

Could be discussed for hours but would never happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

boymonkey74

What Chinese plans? links please.

There are topics in WW3 section, but here is a link: www.washingtontimes.com...

Now if it were not allowed Chinese would not be able to think about this, or they would think but fail.

So you want wars to be virtual? and every nation will have to stick to the rules?
I thought of this when I was about 10 but then I grew up.
Not going to happen so don't waste your time with it.

Many people thought of it, but look at the market, there isn't a good system yet. There's billions going around in videogames about shooters, like Battlefield series, Halflife, Counterstrike, Arma, so many players sitting behind their computers.

The games are there as a side product, because people working on computers wanted to have a break now and then, it's not like people built computers for this. Sure, they built it for real war but doesn't it make sense to use the technology for virtual warfare and if the loser doesn't accept there's always the real weapon, whoever would win would have morale on their side is another good point.

Come to think of it, it's almost like people don't want virtual war to be more fun than real war. Lasertag equipment looks ugly, heavy, alien or not from earth, there are so many tablets and smartphones with cameras and only one game I could find in a short search using the tablet as a gun, not something popular because it is presented in a wrong way.

I am currently working on creating a game and device which can be easily put on a weapon, in theory it's easy to do for me as I have the knowledge for it, I could make a prototype within months and everything is there for mass production so in a year everybody could be out playing this game. Soldiers could mount it on their weapon, tanks choppers planes, vehicles all those could be modified easily and the cost would be less than when they would be used for real for the next years (meaning no cost for bullets). Which might be the root of the problem, weapons dealers who don't want competition and people assuming because they have guns they shouldn't be countered but luckily I know the dealers don't use their own stuff.

But I digress, I think it is much better than real war and it is very doable if nations agree on this.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

tinner07
How do you build the virtual suicide bombers vest?

Easy, just take the bomb attacks in the past, calculate trajectories and this would be a virtual explosion. Meaning a girl with a vest might walk into a bank or walmart and blow herself up and people around her would receive a message they are either injured and need to report to a hospital or wait for an ambulance or they are dead and can't participate anymore. People would even act as if they died, some would even want to use fake blood as well to make it all realistic as possible.

There is the part about the randomness of it all, maybe that one marble wouldn't critically hit that one person which is true but this is not about single attacks but wartime. I don't think the current generation of suicide bombers know what world war is. I don't either but I have seen some from my grandparents.

Because not everybody adheres to rules

A marble is not a person nor are laws of physics. Some may say they put that marble there just for that one target but really it's all random, told to make someone believe they have holy powers or something, which they don't, demonic perhaps but not something any other can't have.

And if somebody were to virtually shoot you, do they get your home and all its belongings?

In a way, after the wars the winners will be the ones everybody will look up to and they would get a lot of support from people with money so they could build a better home than what I have and get better stuff as well. But practically, if shot then that person doesn't participate anymore for the remainder of the war. They can at best become spirits with different sets of rules, mostly like witnesses who can't intervene.

Could be discussed for hours but would never happen.

Yeah but what else is there to do when the end of the world is nearing. I mean I would want to flee and built a shelter at a place I think I can hold out long but I don't have the money plus it might be exciting to watch the missiles fly maybe try a bit of soldier action, I would definately choose the sniper, might go AWOL since I am more intelligent than my superiors and kill an enemy sniper just to get his gun and go on a rampage since my fellow countrymen are not that tough soldiers.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Big flaw in your plan is that only If one nation was to cheat and using real guns......
You really think everyone would accept the outcome on a virtual world war? really?
Anyhow Iam out...not in the mood for nonsense.

Ok, but if one country cheats while everybody had agreed they would not then they would all turn on that one country. And they already have their plans, just need to exchange the virtual for real ones, which can be done at a moments notice. The most important thing is there are months of planning and talks that go before the virtual world war where everybody promises to participate.

I really believe if people have the option, they will choose to have virtual wars first. If only because the mothers say so. There is always the possibility for a real war but if the option is there for a practice round, why not take that. People would get to play against their mortal enemies and all that bravado and talk about how great a nation is could be put to the test. Otherwise you need to study modern technology and see it is possible to make it realistic as needed, I could post some links.

Also I posted how nations will be together in a HQ outside of the war overseeing all factions and eachothers' moves, they all have access to the same information so that would not allow for cheating to go unnoticed. Sure people would accuse before the virtual war, like what if factions agree to cheat without letting people know. But those things are just not going to happen.

Even after the war, whoever doesn't accept defeat would be considered a sour loser until the next war.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If every nation could agree to this then every nation could agree to stop war...virtual or real.
Sorry dude never going to happen.
Oh and I starred your post...mistake sorry

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a variation of Hunger Games…How long before it would turn into something like that?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be way cheaper and easier to just create a huge version of battlefield 4? Setup a bunch of 10000 player servers and duke it out

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sorry friend but war is inevitable and it will be real. You see war in the future is over resources, water in the end will be the most important. But we will fight for it all. Think about the Chinese, there is over 2 billion and they have a taste of the good life now. They will do anything to keep it.

They don't have the resources to do this, to satisfy the longing for all the clothes, food, cars etc etc etc. Currently they are doing more of cause global warming and pollution than us. Have seen pictures of bejing smog lately.

It is not just them, there is India and over and over. Resources are going to be the cause for war, it is back to what we always fought over, resources. Salt, spice, oil, etc etc.

There will be war....

The Bot

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Something similar was on an episode of the original Star Trek series.
They visited a planet where war had been 'civilized'.

A computer would designate a hit in a random area,
& any 'causalities' in the area had to report to a staging area.
The people who were notified as designated causalities,
would line up to enter a device & be vaporized!!!

Very civilized!

WOQ
edit on 20-11-2013 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I have stared and flagged , because I agree with the outcome of your intent and that is to stop the mass slaughter of people.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

boymonkey74

If every nation could agree to this then every nation could agree to stop war...virtual or real.
Sorry dude never going to happen.
Oh and I starred your post...mistake sorry

The essence of it all, the goal is to find out who is the best, it is evolution, it's what we all do. We look for the best, if someone has it then we do as that person does. War will never end, we are in a universe full of other life and it's always about dominating or be dominated. So we must always forever train combat even if we don't use it, others we meet in the future could see nobody should mess with us. But while we train, we shouldn't be killing our own from our own homeworld but have make believe enemies.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

caterpillage
Wouldn't it be way cheaper and easier to just create a huge version of battlefield 4? Setup a bunch of 10000 player servers and duke it out

Sure, but the point is it's supposed to be as realistic as possible, so not behind the computer sitting all day but out there in the woods, on the streets, everybody should be fighting to prepare to defend themselves. It would be good for social skills, health benefits, many people would have purpose again, except there would be no actual killing.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

wasobservingquietly
Something similar was on an episode of the original Star Trek series.
They visited a planet where war had been 'civilized'.

A computer would designate a hit in a random area,
& any 'causalities' in the area had to report to a staging area.
The people who were notified as designated causalities,
would line up to enter a device & be vaporized!!!

Very civilized!

WOQ
edit on 20-11-2013 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

That is from the mind of Gene Roddenberry who was in an actual war, he wouldn't get my idea. Besides, those who he communicated with at the time say they were not vaporized, it was all make believe so the enemy would believe the other would be killed forever. But really the people there would just be transported to another planet where they could live happily ever after and at the end only one guy would be left on that planet who would be the culprit wanting to kill everybody over and over again.

So while it would appear an entire nation would be mad, they would all react to a single guy's anger, the topdog, whoever has the most power according to others, but not necessarily factual power, just make believe power and such invididuals get angry when they don't have their way.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Pinkorchid

I have stared and flagged , because I agree with the outcome of your intent and that is to stop the mass slaughter of people.

Exactly, but at the same time not making everyone into helpless beings unable to defend themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

dlbott

Sorry friend but war is inevitable and it will be real.

I'm not your friend, just another poster on the internet. Sure there are wars to come but when will it end? Do you think you will go to heaven after you killed someone? Because I can only see bad people in the hereafter, each one of them all accomplices. Some spirits would even want to kill spirits and deny them existence forever. When will it end? Well at least in my lifetime when everyone goes to sleep because they destroyed themselves. Some say it might take longer for the human spirit is truly dead which is when the last will go to another planet to another beings' heaven to heal.

You see war in the future is over resources, water in the end will be the most important. But we will fight for it all. Think about the Chinese, there is over 2 billion and they have a taste of the good life now. They will do anything to keep it.

That is ugly, there is enough for us to share for many centuries, just as there has been for centuries. All this talk about scarcity is just to get people to go to war and kill others. I'll never be fooled by that and belong to your group. I might join a war if I have to but I'll just miss each time and make everybody crazy as I can. Which I didn't think of myself, there's the other guy who got his plan to turn everyone homosexual so when those soldiers go against the enemy they'll mentally not be able to cope with it all. Yeah that's the american army for you, being told they were grand then when push comes to shove they turn out to be as gay as hell. To the gay community, you are probably better than those soldier boys who want to keep on killing life.

They don't have the resources to do this, to satisfy the longing for all the clothes, food, cars etc etc etc. Currently they are doing more of cause global warming and pollution than us. Have seen pictures of bejing smog lately.

It is not just them, there is India and over and over. Resources are going to be the cause for war, it is back to what we always fought over, resources. Salt, spice, oil, etc etc.

People fight because they don't understand life.

There will be war....

The Bot

Shut up, put a sock in it, women will not endorse a war, no matter how much they get brainwashed or mindcontrolled, you can't force them. And if you do, you'll only lose the war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join