It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diplomatic tensions grow over spying-: Australian government and the Indonesian government.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
Abbott is a spineless wimp, we all knew this long before the election. Atleast other leaders will comment when they are challenged on something.

We may be spying but should we be spying on leaders families? other political contenders?

lol you have just got to be kidding me right?, unlike kevin rudd & mr bill shorten who would be told to bend over by Indonesia & they would be asking how much to bend over?

At least abbott is standing up to them & their hipocrasy, what about them admitting they been spying on Australians also? I feel there is more to it then we being told & Indonesians have decided to use this to suit an agenda.

Indonesian claims their sovereignty is being breached by Australia with the illegals being returned back to Indonesia, what about Australia's sovereignty with illegal immigrants coming to Australia from Indonesia by people smugglers operating in Indonesia?

About time Australia is standing up to them hypocrites & tells them time to respect our sovereignty also as we would in return, respect is a two way street!.

Edit:

Oh and under labour our war ships became hotels for Indonesian people smugglers & we australians had to collect illegals who were on Indonesian waters & borders, is this what you want? us to be door mats for them Indonesians?
edit on 20-11-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Was it ASIO? I thought they were domestic only? I would have thought ASIS or Defence Signals? The spying of Australian MP's was done by the AFP which I thought was a bit weird.

I guess they are all that much out of control and running a muck that they forget their jurisdiction.

Accountability in government needs to apply to the spooks too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

At lease Julia or Ruddkips would have stood up to the Trans-Pacific Partnership--which is a far bigger threat to Australian sovereignty than our neighbours to the north.

See I can engage in hyperbole too

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We have been on the receiving end under the Howard Govt.

Howard gave it short shrift and that was it. Not important.
All first - wanna be/first - world nations do feel the need to be on a level playing field.
Especially when it comes to intel.

So ... sillybuggers it is then !

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

cartenz
A list of those spyed on:
www.abc.net.au...

It just shows that the surveillance state installed in the "war on terror" is just a gestapo tactic to circumvent democratic process...

Cos you know the AFP dont just spy on foreign politicians (4 Australian MP's spyed on):
www.abc.net.au...

Let me guess: Ludlam, Milne, Xenephon... who would the third be?????

Don't you get it?

The NSA are spying on EVERYONE! That includes employees of the NSA, Obama, all the presidents.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

On one level yes, the NSA are "spying on everyone", but its about the children not wanting to share their toys in that regard.

Its a defeatist attitude that: "oh well they are spying on everyone" enables the surveillance state.

But hey, you know that. Why enable the same procedure that will ultimately take you down?

I dont expect an answer.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

He doesn't have to enable anything. If you had read my earlier post you would have seen that I wrote that the security apparatus was put in place in the 1950s.

This spying took place when Mark Latham was Prime Minister and I can assure that he was stridently anti-american and called for more transparency regarding Pine Gap, which is the location where most of the SIGINT is received.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

deessell
reply to post by cartenz

This spying took place when Mark Latham was Prime Minister.

Mark Latham is an idiot, and never was the Prime Minister.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Don't you get it ?

They are rounding people up and putting them into camps all over the world , some even face the firing squad, so why would you not think it would go on here?

Don't you get it , they are chipping everyone all over the world , so why are you worried about being chipped here?

Don't you get it, they are killing off all those over 30 everywhere , so what's your problem with them doing it here?

ECT,ECT, infinatum ...................................................................................................................................................... .................................................................................................................................
This list is open and ongoing , just print out the page and blank out the parts that are already established and add the new ones when they happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Violence erupts at Australian embassy

A protest in front of the Australian embassy in Jakarta has erupted in violence, with flags burnt and one banner calling for war.

Hundreds of demonstrators, some dressed in militia fatigues, arrived at the embassy to protest over the spying controversy.

The demonstrators arrived carrying signs with the words "Merah" meaning "red" and sprayed red paint on the front wall of the embassy.

One banner held by protesters read: "PPM, GM, FKPPI Ready!!! War with Australia."

While another had: "Even The Sky Fall, Law Must be Uphold".

A banner was hung on the overpass near the compound, demanding an immediate apology from Australian prime minister Tony Abbott.

"Indonesian People Demanding ... Australian PM Tony Abbott must immediately apology to all Indonesian people," the banner read.

"Australia must never ever try to attack the dignity of our nation."
Others called Mr Abbott arrogant.

Most nations take part in spying on foreign nations, but only some get caught doing so. I know these protesters don't represent the average Indonesian, but behaviour such as this reflects badly on their fellow citizens.

On the one hand, I don't think Abbott should apologise because it was not under his government that this spying allegedly took place. However, he is responsible for Australia's worldwide image and diplomatic relations and it might be a necessary PR move to acknowledge and denounce what took place...

Either way, I dislike the way the Indonesian Government is trying to intimidate ordinary Australians. We both know Indonesia needs Australia a lot more than Australia needs Indonesia.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The Indonesians are still resentful of our role in East Timor.

As I mentioned earlier, Indonesia was guilty of the same or worse in 2004.

Hypocritical at best. Petulant and childish more likely.

au.ibtimes.com...

International diplomacy should not be left to biased media to inflame a populace.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jmsbkr

oops, yes. Thanks for that correction!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Pinkorchid

Don't you get it ?

They are rounding people up and putting them into camps all over the world , some even face the firing squad, so why would you not think it would go on here?

Don't you get it , they are chipping everyone all over the world , so why are you worried about being chipped here?

Don't you get it, they are killing off all those over 30 everywhere , so what's your problem with them doing it here?

ECT,ECT, infinatum ...................................................................................................................................................... .................................................................................................................................
This list is open and ongoing , just print out the page and blank out the parts that are already established and add the new ones when they happen.

P.O, I don't live in Australia, I live in South East Asia.

Things are going to get out of hand when Tony Abbott aproves the joint base on the Cocos Islands, which will enable drones to be launched.

This will probably be announced in the new defence white paper.

edit on 21-11-2013 by deessell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

jmsbkr

deessell
reply to post by cartenz

This spying took place when Mark Latham was Prime Minister.

Mark Latham is an idiot, and never was the Prime Minister.

Haha Mark Latham Prime Minster, I nearly thought my timeline had changed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join