It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the people stand knowing the truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree with that someone said, it will be a "non-issue" not exactly a non-issue for our world, but a non-issue for people. We are living in a very unpredictable and erratic world, where the next moment, reality can change diametrically, this has desensitized people to changing paradigms.
Forgive the NWO speak, but the majority of people are nothing more than mindless automotons, with very little capacity to think independently.
What matters to them, are such trivialities like "I must score tonight?" "I need to pay the bills" I need to be accepted" "I must pass my exams" "I must get this new game " "I am a living in a world full of zombies" --- Ok, the last one is mine.......

Really, as long as they are stuck in their own matrix, they could not give a tosh about whether there are advanced aliens living in a galaxy 40 light years away, even if it was a fact. In the same way the going mainstream of psychic and ghost phenomena, has had no effect either.

As for the religious people, they will just brand them as angels, demons, gods, prophets or indeed aliens, depending on their beliefs.

Either way, I don't think the world will end, if the truth about aliens are disclosed. Those who use the war of the worlds example to justify the ensuring chaos, are forgetting, that the broadcast portrayed an invasion. Had it portrayed a more friendly arrival, there would most likely have been a much positive reaction.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's not the admission of alien contact that is so hard to deal with, I think most people could accept that aliens can and do exist...

It's the next step, when the powers that be have to admit that aliens can do as they please and no one can do a damn thing about it...

This seems to be the objection, that aliens are entirely out of our control, and no one wants to tell Joe Public that we cannot protect him from them...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think the government is in to deep. What I have a problem is, if the President came out and confirmed there are other life forms he could always explain that previous President's thought is was for our well being but now that so many are aware it is time to disclose.
We all know or should know that there is always good and bad in any life form we know they are superior to us weather you want to admit to it or not. Reagan was right what would we do if threatened ............. I believe millions of heads working on a solution is better then thousands.
People are so busy in there lives they can withstand the shock and get over it.
There are good one's and there are bad one's

<< 1   >>

join