It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crucifixion and Resurrection Allegory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Angels appear as Men throughout the Bible my friend. I have not made any assumptions here.

Matthew 28:2 - An angel arrives during an earthquake, rolls away the stone, and sits on it outside. Pilate’s guards are also there

Luke 24:2-4 - The women enter the tomb and two men suddenly appear — it’s not clear if they are inside or outside

John 20:12 - The women do not enter the tomb, but there are two angels sitting inside

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

That's interesting. Did you note how the accounts differ, where in Mathew is was just one, but in the other case, two of them, twice referred to as men in clothing that gleamed like lightening the other, angels, which you would think would have astonished the women who talked to them as if they were men.

Am I your "friend" now? Oh boy!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

Am I your "friend" now? Oh boy!

And I really mean that as I would be more than happy to be your friend, even in Christ which makes it something really extra special.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

That's interesting. Did you note how the accounts differ, where in Mathew is was just one, but in the other case, two of them, twice referred to as men in clothing that gleamed like lightening the other, angels, which you would think would have astonished the women who talked to them as if they were men.

Angels dressed in white, I should have added.

Men or angels. You say angels I say men dressed in white silk finery, friends of Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus who understood the meaning and significance of what Jesus was doing, and why, but what difference does that make when the tomb has been found opened, and empty, with Jesus greeting his friends one by one, sometimes in disguise and sometimes not, like he's being playful and having a little fun while he's at it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Well I am not surprised by this since you deny the miracle of the resurrection it's no surprise you deny lesser miracles. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Spirit is not divorced from reason, but completes reason.

Edit to add: I never said it wasn't a miracle. The whole thing was and is a miracle, even one still in the making, because God can do what by human resources and the human will alone, is impossible. He can save us, where it matters most in our innermost heart of hearts.

The Spirit knows love and love's reason. It's not blind in other words. It doesn't even demand blind faith but it willing to put itself to the test, with flying colors.

You spend all this time focusing on me who loves God and none on the remaining 97.5% of everyone that's going to hell (according to you) for not accepting YOUR specific and precise doctrine (no love present) where according to you the Catholics are included in that number also.

The Spirit knows many of the things you say and claim are utterly false.

edit on 25-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is another perspective that is altogether different and not commonly known, that the event known as the Crucifixion occurred many centuries before, in Egypt. This is a view shared by the ancient Essenes (from where the families of Mary and Joseph originate) and the Manichaeans. Check the link :

religionoflight.org...
edit on 8-1-2014 by OraytaDebata because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join