It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kayne West says he's 'Past Obama ... Feels Used'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This guy is such a self obsessed dweeb.

If I'm reading his statement correctly (and it's difficult wading through the poor English and the self obsessions), it looks like he's showing off that the President used him to gain some street cred with the Kayne-crowd but now that Obama doesn't need Kaynes help, Obama is just blowing him off so Kayne is going to blow Obama off too ... or something like that.

Washington Times - Kayne West says he's 'Past Obama ... Feels Used'

I’m not gonna mention him no more, I’m past that,” Mr. West said of the president on Philadelphia station Hot 107.9. “That’s out my thoughts. That’s lowering my priority of thinking at this point.” ...

When radio hosts Shamara and Laiya asked Mr. West if he would ever “break bread” with the president, the rapper suggested that Mr. Obama had used him as a foil for political purposes.

“Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me he’s about to run for president?” Mr. West replied. “I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down. People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years — ‘This is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on … just say you hate Kanye and there’s going be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.’ That was kind of my position in culture and he kind of used that too — ‘Oh, he’s a jackass’ — because that’s how the world felt.

Anyways, thought ya'll would have fun with this one.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
News flash;

No one gives a # Kanye.

Fish dicks.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

n00bUK
News flash;

News flash - this is the people forum and therefore it's here to talk about people.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I hate this jerk off too and the fish dicks episode was awesome gotta watch it now lol. Someone needs to muzzle his big mouth no pun either. Who names their child north a freaking jerk off with money. Always wanting attention oh god lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
kayne who?

Kanye maybe?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

FlyersFan

n00bUK
News flash;

News flash - this is the people forum and therefore it's here to talk about people.

I believe the poster was talking to Kenye, not the forum.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That wasn't directed to you in the slightest my friend.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm not surprised that he is rich, with that awesome command of the English language.

At least he is smart enough to know when he is being used by Obama.

I had completely forgotten about Kanye being in the fish dicks episode.

edit on 19-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't like kanye. Still his point is true. He was used as a political pawn. His english isn't hard to understand, nor is his point. Obama is a tool, just like the rest of them. He was used in a similar way to kanye in fact.

The lesson here is turn off the TV.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Its amusing to me that he doesnt realize how much people dislike him and his super-arrogant self image.

He thinks so much of himself that he thinks thats he helped launch Obamas "famous, cool image" - does he realize that never happened?

Its almost like Kanye has a mental condition that changes the negative words he hears from things he doesnt like and turn into praise.

Perhaps he saw what paris had done with her self image and thought, "if i act the same douchy way and release some songs i can do better" - hes not wrong. Sad isnt it

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years — ‘This is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on … just say you hate Kanye and there’s going be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.’ That was kind of my position in culture and he kind of used that too — ‘Oh, he’s a jackass’ — because that’s how the world felt.

Comprehending that he is saying the opposite of what you think Biigs shouldn't be too hard.

"Obama used that too 'oh he's a jackass' because that's how the world felt."

Kanye is clearly saying that he is being used as a distraction BECAUSE people hate him, not in spite of it. Celebrity can be used in a myriad of ways. It's not just one tool of I am popular I make you popular.
The act of build up and take down is more powerful to guiding attention than build up and build up..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

n00bUK

My bad. Carry on with the Kayne discussion.
What I dont get ... the guy is as dumb as a box of rocks and can't even speak ...
and yet he's so dang rich ... ugh.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

FlyersFan

n00bUK

My bad. Carry on with the Kayne discussion.
What I dont get ... the guy is as dumb as a box of rocks and can't even speak ...
and yet he's so dang rich ... ugh.

He's good at his multi's, i'll give him that.

College Drop out was Kanyes only good album. 'All Falls Down' & 'Through The Wire' are highlights of his career - Also the beginning.

The fact that he & his label Rockafella push degrading materialistic music is the only reason they are so rich - TPTB want young kids to listen to this # just to keep them dumb

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In 2009, the whole world loved Obama...remember the royalty tour and bowing to everyone?

Now the G8 leaders refuse to shake his hand in front of the press cameras...Putin pretends to like him then slips a listening device on Obama.

Now the Black leaders are starting to disrespect him...the ATS shills go silent...and it only get worse for him.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Granite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join