It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 13, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I experienced something on November 13, 2013. It was Wednesday of last week actually. I can't seem to shake the feelings I have been having. I wrote a poem about the event that took place that day.
It still hurts my heart..

'Spending time with a friend and her kids; just enjoying the day.
I can't find my dog is what I hear her say.

Cries and wailing; her face filled with distraught.
My heart dropped and my core twisted in knots.

A puzzled look crosses my face, as a feeling of dread manifested in place.

She had found her dog, Miles, dead in the pool.
'He's dead, he's dead,' she sobbed like no fool.

The sheer screams of grief resonated through the place.
Emotions running rapidly; a distorted face.

Tears fell off our eyes; I held her with love.
Cradled her gently like a precious dove.

She rang her dad and he was there in a flash.
To get Miles out, he acted very fast.

I wept with my friend and I held her boy.
Sorrow filled eyes no longer brimming with joy.

Miles was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
His affectionate ways I will never forget.

Time of course shall heal this heartache we all share.
Please consistently love, cherish, and care...'

RIP Miles

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is so sad. If I ever lost my best friend, I would be heart broken too. Funny how we take the people/animals we love for granted. I think sometimes that is why we cry, for all the time we lost when they were alive, and all the time we won't have because they are gone.

The poem was good, I felt the pain and could relate to it.

Thanks for reminding me to spend some time with my loved ones today. Sometimes life gets in the way and I forget to just enjoy what/who I have.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

That is indeed a very sad day. I had two dogs and if i had found one like that, I would have been horrified. As said you can feel the sadness in the poem. Sorry you and your friend experienced this

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I am so sorry to hear of your sadness and of your friends sadness in losing her dog. I am sure you were a comfort to her and will continue to be there for her. The love of our pets is such a special bond. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

As always great poem.

So sorry about the puppy and your friend going through that. Losing a family member ( pets, family members, friends ) is so traumatic. I know all too well.

My own a few years ago, been around her since her birth, raised since a baby and she was our baby Gracie, was attacked by a pit bull and her throat ripped out and neck broken in six places. How she came home from the woods across the street and landed on the back porch, well, only God Himself could have done that.

I had heard it, what sounded like a dog fight and only an hour later she hobbled against the back door, blood everywhere, I was in severe shock, all I could say was " Oh my God, Oh my God " shaking. My mom was there because she had heard it too. Came down to see what was going on. And then it was all revealed. She kept saying Daph what's wrong. Gracie, it was Gracie that was attacked, panicking and crying. My mom went out and scooped her up, told me to get ready and take her to emergency clinic. Just go she said , I'll call the police.

Neighbors with pit bulls and no leash law in our little country town, it's dangerous everywhere. Loving is never a waste though.

Our baby Grace sitting in the car. Much happier times.

S&F Nat.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Wow daphne that sure must of been some intense emotions flowing at that moment. I'm sorry to hear that, that saddens my heart that you had to go through that. Then I think for real, we go through all these trials and tests for reasons unknown. We experience trauma and then in turn it can help make us stronger.

Thanks for sharing that story even though it ended badly at least you do have the good memories of your dog
and she is a beauty and looks so sweet.

My friend had her dog since it was a puppy and it was 6 years old when it drowned last week.

Let's lift a beverage of choice in the air and cheers to all dogs that have gone to heaven...
Cheers**

Peace and love to you sweet friend ~~~>>>

new topics

top topics

join