It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donnan Elementary School, Their Anti Bullying Program - BJJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
YES! YES! YES! I am personally a purple belt in BJJ and im also a professional fighter. I have been telling everyone that a program like this will change the nation! This is perfect for anti bullying!

This is a friend of mine interviewing the schools principal for a jiu-jitsu culture company. This is how i found out about it.

Here is some info on the school.

Edmonton

The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program is North America's only sports alternative program combining both academics and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The program is designed for boys and girls in Grades 3 through 9 and provides students with the opportunity to learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques in a safe and controlled environment. Our program helps young adults improve their "Self". Self-defense, self-esteem, self-confidence and self-discipline. Students will also demonstrate an improvement in strength, flexibility, and body awareness.

This is awesome! They will learn respect, self discipline, and the best thing of it all, A REAL SENSE OF CONFIDENCE! I have been saying this on ATS for years and finally it comes to fruition.

What do you think ATS?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I could not watch the video. Bad connection.

Is it creating the same BJJ for everyone? Even the bullies? Or just those getting bullied? If we are training the bullies is seems a little counter productive.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Jiu-jitsu is great for both bullies and non bullies a like. If youve ever spent time on the matts you know that being on the matts that it is a major ego checker. At that age they will fast learn the error of their ways when their target is putting them into leglocks and arm bars during mat sessions.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I think this is a marvelously workable solution and that it should spread far and wide.

Up to now the common solutions to bullying have involved running to the authorities, and/or training the little ****s to develop a "collective." (Someday I'll do a thread on the cosmic wrongness of collectives.) In other words, exactly the type of leftist government brainwashing we need to rid ourselves of.

Anyway: the teaching of discipline and self-possession to kids is pure gold....

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am a big believer of kids being involved in a good martial arts. Teaches a lot more than just self defense. Self confidence being a major one, self control being another for example. Not to mentions physical fitness, something kids seem to be lacking greatly these days.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Up to now the common solutions to bullying have involved running to the authorities, and/or training the little ****s to develop a "collective." (Someday I'll do a thread on the cosmic wrongness of collectives.) In other words, exactly the type of leftist government brainwashing we need to rid ourselves of.

Great point. This is the problem. Gangs and tattletaling and all that needs to go. We need the old US back, the one that built the wild west.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i love this. great idea. teaches responsibility, respect, and self defense.

i practiced jui jitsu, catch wrestling, judo, and muay thai for nearly 15 years.
i trained both of my brothers who are now amateur fighters in south carolina. have to give them a thumbs up for representing catch wrestling.

bjj has been at the forefront of situations for a long time.
rorion gracie had a program int he early 90's called g.r.a.p.p.l.e.
i forget what it stands for but it was for women to train in to defend against rape.

renzo gracie had a program in new jersey i think where he trained police and swat officers. rorion gracie also trained police officers in california in the early 90's.

this is an amazing idea, especially for the kids that kid bullied. hopefully this will give them some self confidence to stand up for themselves because its getting out of control.

i tried to watch a documentary with my wife the other day about bullying but i couldnt get through it.
this one kid, they called him fish face was tormented and it broke my heart.

it showed him get on the bus on the first day of school. he was sitting down and another kid got on. after a few minutes he looked at the kid and said 'youre my buddy right'?
the other kid laid into him. told him he would end him and was gonna bring a knife and stab him in the adams apple. they would take their belts and actually choke this poor kid. i felt terrible.

i would love to show him a few things so when they are walking off the bus he could take him down, mount him and then pound him out, and then choke him asleep.

im not usually for that much of a leap of violence but this poor kid was tormented. if he did something like that he would never get bullied again.

bjj will give these scared, bullied kids an even playing field. they dont have to take it that far but if they are getting physically assaulted they could take a person down and get themselves into a safe/dominant position and restrain them, and maybe even lay a little bit of pain on them but at the very least keep themselves safe.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Love it. I'm a Kempo black belt and feel the same way! Thanks for posting.

top topics

join