It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is Skewing Our *STAR* Responses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

are our responses being intentionally skewed by admin allowing only stars that support a certain viewpoint to register?

The fact that you are getting stars tends to disprove that notion.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't even pay attention to the star system. Seems silly and pointless. I'll star posts but I usually forget to flag. Honestly I wish the whole system didn't exist, detracts away from discussions for the sake of discussion. Lots of topics seem like a meh type thing that seems more like they are created for the attention(stars).

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Found the problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So you think these guys are capable of that kind of operation ?

the regular mods

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Canadian supers look kinda suspicious, though…

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The fact that the thread in question has 30 stars and hasn't been moved to Skunk Works proves the mods and admins aren't influencing anything. If anything the owners would want to promote threads like that since they now seem to be the ones that now draw in the most views and thus produce more income for the site.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Now you are making me suspicious as to why the spaghetti sauce was so good.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah the star thing has some 'issues'. See where it shows I have like 3 million stars? Not remotely accurate. It's not being done deliberately.

Thanks for the entertainment value though. Sure, we're hanging out and "intentionally skewing responses".
< those are LOLs by the way.

If we had a lolerskates or roflicopters icon, I'd be using those too.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Jbird

So you think these guys are capable of that kind of operation ?

Somebody has to put names to these costumed characters!

edit on 11/16/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I think we can all be reasonably sure there's no conspiracy here.

ATS is a conspiracy site. Everything is a conspiracy here, we just need one fact and we're off and running.

Sometimes we don't even need any facts. (well not me... other people, I need at least one fact)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
FlyersFan and a few others have figured a way to reroute the stars to their galaxy.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have so many stars that the number is unable to be read on my phone. Lots of digits and commas, but they're all jammed together
Yup, CIA front for sure.

Or its a glitch. Or both.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill, I mean BAN you.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Like mine?
Why can't I get stars?
edit on 16-11-2013 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

You most certainly can, but you don't have the ability to star yourself. None of us do.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Glitch? or python script? Not even the most OCD sock-puppeteer could get those kind of star/post ratios

This site makes me lol. What was the last sentence in The Hacker Crackdown? Something like "Its not that there are no more hackers left, its just their are no more amateurs". Most organisations have an IT department these days.

Whats my name?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Urantia1111
are our responses being intentionally skewed by admin allowing only stars that support a certain viewpoint to register?

I highly doubt that. It would probably be a really difficult thing to do .. computer wise.
I don't know if they could even make their computer program do that.
And why would they want to???? I don't see a motive for it ...

anyone else have this happen to them?

Nope. Not me.

Having just created a star and flag system for my own forum I can assure you it would be exceedingly EASY to skew the system, and only the DB admin would need to know about it!

There is much to be learnt from these systems as well. The pic below is just one of the tools I have available to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

you are in error - there is a glitch in the system :

try this experiment - pick any starable post - star it - then count the stars -then check the posters star count - hit page refresh - and you can re star it - do so - recount stars and posters star count - repeat 10 times

you can add 10 stars - that all show up on the star bar - for that post - but the members star count only jumps one

its broken - not a conspiracy

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

you are in error - there is a glitch in the system :

try this experiment - pick any starable post - star it - then count the stars -then check the posters star count - hit page refresh - and you can re star it - do so - recount stars and posters star count - repeat 10 times

you can add 10 stars - that all show up on the star bar - for that post - but the members star count only jumps one

its broken - not a conspiracy

It IS. (and thanks for getting the thread back on track)

I have had similar results, and also had a few times where I could leave more than one star, if I wanted to do such a thing. Sometimes the star I entered for a post would be gone after coming back to that post. I could leave a star again, and come back immediately and there would be 2 stars there, and the system let me add a third star. Something is definitely wrong with the star algo and others have reported inconsistencies before.

edit on 17-11-2013 by charlyv because: s

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join