It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fijian ex-soldier, who fought for Britain spared deportation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Can you believe we were about to deport a guy from Fiji, who served with the British Army for nine years?

According to this article he failed to submit the required paperwork for him to remain in the U.K, so he was subsequently deemed an illegal immigrant.

He joined the Army in 2001 and served for 9 years with the British Army, meaning he would have left the Army in 2010. This means it's taken 3+ years! to catch up with this guy, why didn't they contact him after a couple of months and remind him? How much would that cost, compared to cost of tracking him down, detaining him in a immigration camp and then the cost of the revue. 1 phone call, one visit to remind him.

To be detained and treated in the way he has, is also unbelievable. Detained In an immigration camp for 5 weeks. His freedoms removed for 5 weeks, after serving in the forces we are told to admire and hold in great esteem by a Government so full of contempt for the armed services it's embarrassing. What support is there in communities for returning servicemen? It's mainly charities, when it should be Government funded programmes for these brave humans.

Anyway the article: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It seems we are good at treating those who have served us with utter contempt yet those who have no intention to offer anything positive to this country are welcomed with open arms and offered every assistance.
It's the same with The Gurkha's etc, it disgusts me how we treat these people.

As a slight aside - those Fijians are tough characters - I know from personal experience.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It's in the Genes, they have a strong rugby league team and rugby union 7's

I seriously cannot believe this scenario to be perfectly honest. It goes to show the Government has lost the immigration battle, when they are willing to deport a man like this, just to make the figures look good.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ALL governments treat their veterans like crap after they get out of the military, its like they say EFF YOU after you honorably serve

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

As I said, I can't comprehend why the Government allow these brave men and women to find their own way once they leave the services?

Whilst I admire the 'Help For Heroes' charity, these kind of gestures are the responsibility of the Government.

This is the minimum they can do for the brave service folk.

new topics

top topics

join