It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Obamacare was not enacted to bring about better healthcare. It was brought about to create a larger government.

Amnesty for illegals is not about making things better for the millions who have broken the law. It is about bringing more people to depend on government. . . . . .

. . . . . thus making government bigger.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

Look at the premise here: Blackmailing the public in to accepting the dream act in order to make them start paying their way when it comes to healthcare. That's the bottom line, the public knows it and would absolutely explode if they tried to sneak an amnesty bill by on a late night vote.
Even sheep have their limits and this is it.
Unless, that situation were somehow part of their strategic planning?

Personally this idea of boosting obamacare using amnesty is abhorrent to me. Typical politician maneuvering and bad for our country. That this is a good idea is not coming from me nor do I support it in any way. I hope it's the final straw on the camel so to speak.

I left the part "Democrat" off the initial title as to not try and instigate a partisan argument right off the bat though I did use it in the link as per the article title.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

People are so full of crap they're taking jobs away from Americans. Please. Like anyone is fighting for that job washing dishes at the olive garden.

I think your equating the idea that just because someone is here illegally means somehow they are Stupid,,,,once given Amnesty ,they will no longer settle for those types of jobs & be looking for the highest paid job they can get...

in another 10-20 years we'll just end up having same amount of illegals ,,actually it will be even more than that,,,even if strengthening the borders cuts the flow by 25%

& last I heard ,,,these new registered provisional immigrants would be exempt from Obamacare Obamacare subsidize hiring illegal immigrants over citizens
edit on 16-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

I have no idea where you came up with that from. It certainly wasn't from what I said. Im calling out Americans who say illegals are taking their jobs when I know the majority of those aren't fighting for these jobs that illegals take.

If you are out of work and shotgun applications for a dishwashing job at every restaurant in town, and let them know your ready to work asap anytime day or night.

Someone's goin to call you the next day or within a week or so the first time one of them calls in sick.

I'm not saying anything about amnesty or the intelligence if illegals, I'm calling out lazy Americans, who trot out this illegals taking the jobs excuse.

Does any of that change the fact that some people will always blame someone else for their failures?

Whether illegals are granted amnesty or not it doesn't have any bearing on Americans that are abusing the system and are just lazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

If you are out of work and shotgun applications for a dishwashing job at every restaurant in town, and let them know your ready to work asap anytime day or night.

Someone's goin to call you the next day or within a week or so the first time one of them calls in sick.

Maybe, to some limited extent that true but it's also a generalization. I live in a very rural farming area with a population supposedly around 30K. We are swamped with illegals and "migrant" workers.

Farmers here have worked out it's easier to hire under the table from the migrant community. Even minimum wage jobs have literally hundreds of applicants for every opening. I can guarantee you that you won't find that job in a week around here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join