It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

CongrAts BEEZER! Screw them, to many employers take people for granted. Sadly though there will be some poor shlub doing your job for less pay.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Congrats Beeze. It took you one minute to make a courageous decision. It will take them a long time to fill the hole you leave behind. You are one smart Bunny, how many mice will it take to fill that hole, they'll soon find out.

Wishing you the Best in your new Journey, Beeze. If you ever decide you want to move to the mountains of N Ga. start a commune, and help raise goats...ask your wife first, then add that to your job bucket list

Bright Blessings Friend....

Des

edit on 16-11-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you! I promised my bride that she can have goats for this move.

(We could start a franchise!)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Congrats!

It sure is crazy out there in corporate America. Where I am, lower level folks are leaving left and right - because they make less than I do, it is easier for them to find a job where they'll actually get more $$. They are leaving for $$, they are leaving to try and have work/life balance (which we have none), and they are leaving to find a company and a manager that will treat them with respect, as adults.

When they leave, sr management is so angry and revengeful. They snicker and criticize. They never stop to see the mass exodus. They tell us who remain, "there's no jobs out there" -- and yet they have trouble finding qualified people to replace those who leave. Seriously - we can't find qualified professionals who meet our requirements.

I make a bit more than they do, am at a slightly higher pay grade and am a mgr as well. I am looking, but jobs for equal pay for me are a bit harder to find. They don't leave us any free time to actually go off and interview though. There's so much work to do, that you can't ever not be working or available.

I am so proud of you! And wish I had more guts. My finances are in the crapper, so I am afraid to take a risk, even though this job is actually sucking the life out of me! My focus is going to be on getting my energy/health back up, figuring out what the heck to do about my mess of finances, and then find something better. My desire is to do something on my own rather than jumping from one "slave" role to another.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I have a wife and a young son. So my actions could be viewed as irresponsible. But it is for the best.

150 years ago, I would have purchased a wagon. A team of horses. Loaded up said wagon and headed out west. I'm doing the same thing today.

I'm lucky in that I have a wife who will back me.
A child willing to take another adventure.

If you come right down to it, I'm nothing but a cowboy looking for some peace of mind, piece of land, piece and quiet, serenity.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Is it scary? Sure. Is it risky? Yep. Does it require a leap of faith? Yes.

This is downright eerie. I was eating dinner with a friend a couple of weeks ago and he informed me that he was quitting his job soon. He used your words almost verbatim, including the "leap of faith" phrase!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't know ya all that well, but it seems good you've got something lined up. I guess I'm cheering for ya, as I'd do the same.

Right now I'm doing the "plan C" job, since I don't have the "experience" to do what I went to school to do. (Or so the otherwise useless H.R. types have often told me.) I'm saving up with plans to head west once that cash cushion gets big enough to last a month or two. It appears to be where the kind of work I'm interested in is located. It's just hard to do a big move without something like the car taking out half of what I'm saving up at the wage I currently make, and that cash cushion is needed because the cost of living tends to be higher over there.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The minute you said you were playing Candy Crush, I ceased to care at all about anything else you had to say. But that's just me...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And yes, your actions are fairly irresponsible given that you have a wife and child counting on you. If this goes wrong, their faith will have been sadly misplaced. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

jaffo
reply to post by beezzer

And yes, your actions are fairly irresponsible given that you have a wife and child counting on you. If this goes wrong, their faith will have been sadly misplaced. Just saying.

So what you're saying is, just because we have commitments such as family, debts, etc, that we should stay happy in our little ruts and never take a chance in life because staying a slave to a system is much better than breaking the mould and taking a chance with the life you may just only get one shot at??

Yeah. That sounds like what good little sheep should do hey.....

I did exactly what Beez has done. It turned out to be the best thing and the smartest move I ever made. Was I nervous? Sure. Did I doubt, question and even chastise myself over and over for leaving the safety net of a high paid job? You bet.

But if I had never had taken a chance like Beez has, I wouldn't now be doing something I love, making my own hours, spending more time with my kids, and actually living. No, I'd still be working endless, thankless hours for a company that really cares as much about their staff as they do about the dirt on their feet.

You gotta ask yourself. What's more important in the long run?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

so.....you quit a job where you get away with playing video games and you eat donuts brought to you...real tough life, man. First world problems getting the most of ya? Glad to see you opened a job up for someone grateful.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

fenson76
reply to post by beezzer

so.....you quit a job where you get away with playing video games and you eat donuts brought to you...real tough life, man. First world problems getting the most of ya? Glad to see you opened a job up for someone grateful.

Bugger it!

WE ARE THE PEOPLE. We do not have to be grateful for a job, it is our right.

It is our right to work in a field of our choosing and to be paid a sensible salary.

It is our right to change fields to try something new, without fear of losing everything including our family.

I am sick of the greedy corporate world that treats employees like dirt!

I am sick of the Government that caters only to the corporate world and to votes of course.

The world exists to serve the people, it is not the other way around.

We need to feel happy and safe, not fearful of every decision we make.

Go Beezer!

P

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Tell me where that right is listed and I will support it. You are obviously living in an alternate reality or are independently wealthy. I know at least 5 people who are great people and highly trained that can't find jobs. Good luck with that world view and feeding your family.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

fenson76

Tell me where that right is listed and I will support it. You are obviously living in an alternate reality or are independently wealthy. I know at least 5 people who are great people and highly trained that can't find jobs. Good luck with that world view and feeding your family.

It is the world I want my kids to grow up in. Instead of giving inane replies and waiting around while someone else 'gives' you a right, I suggest you start thinking along the lines of how can I help making the world a better place.

It is always someone waiting to be given something, how about going out and making it so! Take your rights!

Capitalism, ie, a world based on greed, is a failure, a cancer on the world.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

fenson76

I know many people in that boat too. Want to know why they're unemployed? Because in part of the training they have, and the fact they seem to think that there are jobs out there that are beneath them, jobs they wouldn't do because of some fancy degree they've gone to university or college for.

End of the day a job is a job, even if it's an interim thing to make some cash and establish yourself. When I first moved, I washed dishes and served in a pub for several months just to make a bit of cash to get by. It wasn't permanent, I made no qualms about it then and there. That was my right.

It's people like you that wind up brainwashed by the modern slavery system. Born, work, get married, raise kids, get into debt, and finally get buried without having barely moved the dirt that covers you.

I agree and say I want my kids to have the best choices. I have saved and scrimped everything I have to ensure they have the best education and the best training they can. But if they have to clean hotel rooms or wash dishes to get by, then they will, even if it is to learn some humility.

At the end of the day if you're not happy with your lot in life, no-one else is gonna change it for you. Only you can do that, because no-one else cares. If you hate your job, quit, just as our friend here has done.

The 21st century corporation mentality has given us that no hope, nothing to live for, so accept your fate and just shut up, which is just the way they want it. If enough of us stood up and said no, the game would change very quick, and put the power back to the people where it belongs.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by 74Templar

Thank you gents, for the answers you provided. I could not have said it better myself. Honestly. Your answers were well stated.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you Beezer. Quite frankly I am tired of people waiting around for someone else to do the hard work. The Governments, the Corporate world exist to serve us. We need a reset of society.

I have changed my career three times and had it changed for me once. I never regretted the three changes, I welcomed them. I finally realized that following what was expected of me was a mugs game.

When my eldest was in his final year at school, every body tried to tell him he should be a engineer. It would have bored him to tears. Now, after four years at Uni, he has an Honors Degree in Psychology. But he was good at maths and physics, so he should be an engineer because there is a shortage of engineers.

He is much happier, and will earn a damn site more as a psychologist. He loves working with people, not slide rules, calculators and computers.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Everyday is a new day to put over the helm
.. I did it last year and started my own company. .And I'm still working ! It's hard in this period of time but that can make you more creative to survive. .

Good luck

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Right. Because it sounds as though Beezer was doing so much hard work eating free donuts and playing Candy Crush. Prediction: You are going to fail and you will blame the system or someone else for your failure.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

jaffo

Right. Because it sounds as though Beezer was doing so much hard work eating free donuts and playing Candy Crush. Prediction: You are going to fail and you will blame the system or someone else for your failure.

Please base my entire work experience on a few lines then go right ahead and state, judgmentally, about my career choices, decisions and make baseless predictions.

I hope you have a nice day. Might I suggest an additional amount of fibre in your diet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join