It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Amusing, enlightening, and it inspired me to quit my job this morning as well. Now i'm sitting at home, nothing to do, no plans. At least i ain't gotta work.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good luck with the change of occupation beezzer , as the SAS say... Who Dares Wins

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
One of the most satisfying and fun things I ever did is quit a job, once with no notice at all. It just felt so GOOD to be in a position to say, "Take this job and shove it!" and know, for certain, that there was nothing they could do, no way for them to retaliate, no possible way for them to harm me any more.

And even more fun was to watch the place fall apart after I left. That happened twice. It's not that I was so "special" that I couldn't be replaced, but there is a certain dynamic and balance in any organization and when a piece goes missing, the balance fails. I don't wish harm on employees who are left, but it is satisfying to see the Pointy Haired Bosses take a dose of their own medicine.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, being one of those "timid mice" I congratulate you wholeheartedly!
I've often wondered what it would be like, and have looked around a bit, but after 18 years, nobody is paying what I make, and I have it pretty easy here. The only way I will probably lose it, is if I actually lose it and go after our "problem child" here.

Maybe someday I'll get lucky and find something else, like you!
Again good luck to you!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Congrats Beezer! I might be right behind you in a year or so, or if they somehow manage to sucker me in for another 2-4 years + god help us all. If feels really good to abruptly quit a job you despise, I say good for you!

Big steps there dear, big steps, and definitely balls sacrificed.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great thread, I agree entirely.

I wish you all the luck in your future endeavours.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
if you ever need any advice,
all you need to do is ask,
i commend you on you first step,
onwards and upwards my friend,
my good thoughts are being projected towards you,
i know you can do any thing you put your mind to

your bud glen

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Well, being one of those "timid mice" I congratulate you wholeheartedly!
I've often wondered what it would be like, and have looked around a bit, but after 18 years, nobody is paying what I make, and I have it pretty easy here. The only way I will probably lose it, is if I actually lose it and go after our "problem child" here.

Maybe someday I'll get lucky and find something else, like you!
Again good luck to you!

There's timid mice and happy cats.

I plan on staying at my next place until they bury me out back.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Damn the torpedoes! Good luck. If you are going on your own, drive hard, drive long, and don't give up.
Find solutions not excuses, but then you already seemed to be that rabbit. Reward yourself often with the finest carrots. You can think of it as a bonus for being employee of the month.

If you are working for the man, don't take any crap from him and demand carrots. It may frighten him into leaving you alone to do your thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Good luck you rascally rabbit!

But of course you don't need any more luck. You have four rabbit feet!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am in the process of doing the same thing.

It is very scary to me, but I do feel it is the right thing to do at this time. I am sure you feel the same about your situation.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig
reply to post by beezzer

I am in the process of doing the same thing.

It is very scary to me, but I do feel it is the right thing to do at this time. I am sure you feel the same about your situation.

I wish you the best of luck.

And to you! Walking that tightrope is exciting, isn't it!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey beez,

Way to risk it man!
And ....just what do you think they are saying
about you back at the mill?

'man I miss beez, that dog! He got out here, lucky dog"

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My guess is your old mgmt thought, what can he do, "he's just a harmless little bunny"....but, they'll soon find out, "that rabbit is dynamite".

Good on you Beez...take that hill.

edit on 11/15/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beez this is great news!!

When I quit my job 18 years ago I had no way of knowing that the new job I was walking into that I would be meeting my best friend, the love of my life and my husband all rolled into one.

Of course I know your married so you can check that off the list but there's nothing wrong with making new friends, expanding your horizons, spreading your wings.

Life is grand isn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Indeed, life is grand.

It doesn't have to be onerous.

It can be an adventure,

every god damned day!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good on you. Why stay at a job if you don`t like where you work? There ARE jobs out there if one just take the time to look. Personally I believe that the `job shortage` is just media hype to induce yet more fear into the populance. `yeah stay at your job because your lucky to have one` so you`ll endure endless labour infringements. As soon as it stops being fun it`s time to move on is how I see it. Good luck with finding a job/career that you actually will enjoy.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nineteen years it took me to do what you have done.

Yes I was blessed with the accursed rut since being a young sales assistant in my teens. Oh sure, there were the perks, bigger bonuses to be had each year, a bigger paycheck, cars, all that good stuff....

Then one day I had an epiphany. It was the strangest thing. I was washing at the time, lamenting how my girls had so much clothing to wash. Me? Simple. Work pants, works socks, and occasionally a pair of shorts or pants I put there because it was easier than putting them away in the draw for the few hours I would wear them.

The long and short of it was I spent so much time working, when I came home I only ever put on trackies and a shirt, spent like three hours in them and went to bed. For some reason that reality smacked me harder than anything. The next day I walked in, called my area supervisor down, and handed in my resignation right on the spot.

You know what that arrogant ass did? He laughed. Slid the resignation across the table back at me and told me to grow up. Then proceeded to give me (like yourself), some big tirade about the pros and cons of why I should stay, why it would be foolhardy for me to quit, and finally the old, "you'll never work again."

I just smiled, slid my resignation along with the other perks (keys, discount cards etc) back across the table and replied either a month's notice or I walk now. The last thing he said to me was "you'll regret walking away from our company."

Funnily enough it took a good few days to sink in, but I suddenly felt as though a massive weight had been lifted off me. I took my own kids to school in the morning, picked them up, and got to wear five different sets of clothes each week.

You know a year later the new area manager got in contact with me, asking me to come back and work for them, and offered me more money and a 'nicer' company car. Turns out my old area manager had taken my lead and walked a week later.

This one act snowballed everything. My move, my new life, even the business as the former store manager of our local supermarket is now my business partner after taking the same advice.

We have a saying, that something always comes along. And to this day, it has always stood true.

Go for it Bunny, life will always move you in one direction only. Forwards.

edit on 16/11/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is so crazy, Ive just done the exact same thing! Start new job monday....12 years of my life wasted because i was afraid of not being able to make ends meat.

the risk factor excites me, and the fact that there is unlimited earning potential, life is going to be much easier and much more comfortable!!

Totally with ya!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
watch some videos and read up on becoming a freegan. That way you can live for cheap or free.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join