It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG Holy hell... Van Damme is a legend!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
wow

anyone else seen this????

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can't stand the guy. He is crass and can't act.
But yes, I saw this on the news this morning.
For an old guy, he's in good shape. (assuming the video is legit )

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I saw it on the news this morning and they said it was real.
Years ago every other pic of him was of him doing the same split on 2 chairs. It seems that he has upped the ante in his more mature years. I can't do it yet he is 53 and appears to be in better shape now than he was then.

I'll take him over Steven Seagal any day.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
LOL Yeah, I cannot stand him either. Sorry, good for him for doing the splits at his age. But I have to give the credit to the truck drivers if this real. They are the ones that make this possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

He looks as if he had more plastic surgery than MJ.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I added this to my facebook account yesterday - LEGEND!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just so you guys are aware, Steven Seagal is a terrible actor, BUT he is considered one of the best, if not the best Hap Ki Do instructor on the planet.
I liked Bloodsport...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Those are some damn good drivers. I'll give him credit for having the...er...courage, to do this, but the skill goes to the drivers. Years ago Van Damme did a movie that disappeared before it was ever officially released to the public. I have never been able to find a copy of that. And I can't find a reference to it in his filmography, or on the intertubez. I've always wondered why they pulled it.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

WOW! That is nuts!

He is an arrogant butt but he has skill!

I use to have a crush on him when I was little but i think many girls my age did. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Here's another one he did for GoDaddy.com:

It's go time, lol.
edit on 15-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Ah, Mr Van Damme... what a daft bastard!

Look, for those among us who cannot appreciate why Van Damme is such a legend let me give you a hint:

He does not take himself even a little bit seriously.

That, in and of itself, is a fantastic reason to learn to appreciate the dude. He just does what he does, and that is all, and that's fine by me.

Regarding the video, all applause to the drivers, and the engineering that gave Mr Van Damme the stable base to perform his famous, ball stretching, hamstring breaking, better hope you are wearing some baggy trousers stunt. And props to the man for being able to pull it off, despite being in his fifties.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Just so you guys are aware, Steven Seagal is a terrible actor, BUT he is considered one of the best, if not the best Hap Ki Do instructor on the planet.
I liked Bloodsport...

I'm sure Steven Seagal had his glory days....

But the funny thing is.. there was a story where Van Damme and Seagal were both at a party. Somehow the two boys didn't mingle quite well, ended up trying to beat up each other.

I think, this was real because Van Damme actually talked about this in an interview and Seagal also acknowledge it.

He basically walked out of the party and was calling out Seagal to fight him outside. Seagal never walked out. You could say that Seagal was the better man but you could also say that he chickened out.

Point is, Van Damme has a pretty impressive fighting career. He is actually in contact sports for most of his life. He is one of those actors that was a Martial Art competitor before he became an actor.

For instance, there are many good Asian actors that are supposedly Masters. People like Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Wu Jing, etc. etc. They all seem very deadly on screen, however, none of them actually competed in a ring.

Also, Van Damme took ballet for 5 years straight, he is one scary mofo.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Love Van Damme. For those who don't, piss off.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've read several articles about Van Dam being a jerk and starting fights.

Seems some actors didn't like working with him, especially stunt men.

They said if he didn't feel you did a good job of looking like you got hit he'd really kick you.

I'll bet on Expendables 2 he was on good behavior. Randy Culture would've taken the challenge.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
well I was sooooo impressed! I would never do anything like that!

the trust he must have had for the skill of the truck drivers!! omg they were holding his life in their hands.

I wonder how nervous they were?

wow...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

woo hoot!

legend status.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Jean Claude
Van-Damn-IT! that's impressive

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Of course, Chuck Norris had to come out and do it better.

I can see from a truck driver's point of view how they did this. The articulated 5 axle semi has the easy job of reversing in a straight line with linemarking to follow. I say easy because if you were reversing slowly, it would be. At the speed the truck is doing, it is a credit to the driver.

The 3 axle rigid has the steering job as it is much easier to control at this speed in reverse. Full credit to all 3 of them though.
edit on 21/12/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

top topics

join