It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone-tipped spears predate existence of humans by 85,000 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Remains of the world’s oldest known stone-tipped throwing spears, described in a new paper, and so ancient that they actually predate the earliest known fossils for our species by 85,000 years. There are a few possible implications, and both are mind-blowing. The first is that our species could be much older than previously thought, which would forever change the existing human family tree. The second, and more likely at this point, is that a predecessor species to ours was extremely crafty and clever, making sophisticated tools long before Homo sapiens emerged.

LINK from Fox news

they must have miss't stoping this get out.
we will all forget about it soon any way.
how old would this make humans?
it says it predates humas by 85,000 !
have humans been here for 200,000 years or more?
people like us have know about this for a very long time.
but they never believe us.
the government has a program to make people think we are crazy.
who are they doing it?

I think in the past humans ware at the level we are now.
and some thing Big hit earth.
and put them in a dark age.
I would bet this has happen many times.

and I would bet they! found a underground bunker
that had information on the technology.
in the last 200 years we have suddenly made
airplanes, cars TV's lasers and landed on the moon.
it was very slow until then.

and when will we get sent? back to the dark ages?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
"Our species' Homo Sapiens?

I'm pretty sure there were other tool making 'Homos"

* Yeah, yeah, I know how that may come across but I'm being serious.

edit on 14-11-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Considering H. Erectus was making tools over 1.8 MYA I'm somewhat befuddled as to why this is so perplexing.
m.huffpost.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Neanderthals were pretty smart, toolmakers, and lived as long as a half-million years before human beings showed up. And there were probably other hominid species running around at that time, too, that we haven't even classified yet.

Ook ook!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

buddha

Remains of the world’s oldest known stone-tipped throwing spears, described in a new paper, and so ancient that they actually predate the earliest known fossils for our species by 85,000 years. There are a few possible implications, and both are mind-blowing. The first is that our species could be much older than previously thought, which would forever change the existing human family tree. The second, and more likely at this point, is that a predecessor species to ours was extremely crafty and clever, making sophisticated tools long before Homo sapiens emerged.

LINK from Fox news

who are they doing it?

Well that is likely, our dating methods aren't the most accurate in the world and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that we got the time periods wrong. Or it could just be a different intelligent ape like Homo Erectus, also likely.

Do you? Where is the evidence for this technological superiority? Certainly humans didn't proliferate the world like we do now, otherwise we'd be digging up garbage piles of evidence (or actual garbage piles considering the monstrosities that we have).

Technology has an exponential growth curve since you can use the recently discovered technology to help create better technology. Computers have also helped since they can perform many of the more complex calculations and procedures for us, as well as minimize human error. Also keep in mind, there was also another significant change that happened to the world a little over 200 years ago. The birth of the United States. One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule. Without undue restrictions placed on the majority, they were free to do or develop whatever they wanted, not to mention gone was the stigma that you had to do what your father did. As other countries joined the craze, their populations were able to join in with the technological revolution.

Good question. I imagine it will happen when the ptb realize they can't drain the population of anymore wealth and need a reset so they can restart the process.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

buddha

LINK from Fox news

who are they doing it?

Well that is likely, our dating methods aren't the most accurate in the world and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that we got the time periods wrong. Or it could just be a different intelligent ape like Homo Erectus, also likely.

Do you? Where is the evidence for this technological superiority? Certainly humans didn't proliferate the world like we do now, otherwise we'd be digging up garbage piles of evidence (or actual garbage piles considering the monstrosities that we have).

Technology has an exponential growth curve since you can use the recently discovered technology to help create better technology. Computers have also helped since they can perform many of the more complex calculations and procedures for us, as well as minimize human error. Also keep in mind, there was also another significant change that happened to the world a little over 200 years ago. The birth of the United States. One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule. Without undue restrictions placed on the majority, they were free to do or develop whatever they wanted, not to mention gone was the stigma that you had to do what your father did. As other countries joined the craze, their populations were able to join in with the technological revolution.

Good question. I imagine it will happen when the ptb realize they can't drain the population of anymore wealth and need a reset so they can restart the process.
edit on 14-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

The Technology Revolution actually began England in 1760. The US didn't even exist as a nation at that time.
It was known as "The Industrial Revolution"

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

alldaylong
The Technology Revolution actually began England in 1760. The US didn't even exist as a nation at that time.

Nice tidbit of Historical trivia but what does that have to do with what Krazysh0t wrote?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

Nice tidbit of Historical trivia but what does that have to do with what Krazysh0t wrote?

If you took the time to read it, you would answer your own question.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think the real question is whether Fox News should be considered sapient?

Next week they'll be telling us that pollen shows corn was growing before humans started farming corn

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I did, did you?

He wrote that the US was 'One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule' not the sole country nor the first but "One" of the first.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

SLAYER69

I did, did you?

He wrote that the US was 'One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule' not the sole country nor the first but "One" of the first.

Why did the birth of the US 200 or so years ago, make a significant change, when it was happening already elsewere?
The US hooked onto the change, they wern't significant in causing that change.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was most likely from another relative species such as the Neanderthal.
Our ancestors weren't the only ones evolving "complex intelligence" as their natural weapon at the time -- there were other hominid species related to us homo-sapiens who also made tools and weaponry for hunting, however, they are no longer here because we just happened to be the most sufficient killing machine

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

alldaylong
Why did the birth of the US 200 or so years ago, make a significant change, when it was happening already elsewere?

I see you didnt read it.

One more time He wrote and I quote

'One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule

Now, how are you getting "causing and making change" out of that?

I think your own possibly bias stance is getting the better of you

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

I see you didnt read it.

One more time He wrote and I quote

Let me help you here as you appear to be struggling. This is what he wrote:-

Also keep in mind, there was also another significant change that happened to the world a little over 200 years ago. The birth of the United States. One of the first countries that promoted social mobility and self-rule

Ok so for a country that had a thriving business in slaves and the slave trade, how does that make The US one of the first countries to promote social mobility and self-rule.

Don't even bother to answer.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Exactly ! This is an fact which even amused my history teacher in high school when we talked about industrial revolution which did start in England.. i remember he said that american history is for americans only and is somewhat beautified to lift up their national spirit and ego.

Sorry couldn´t help it

edit on 14-11-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

alldaylong
Ok so for a country that had a thriving business in slaves and the slave trade, how does that make The US one of the first countries to promote social mobility and self-rule.

Don't even bother to answer.

I cant see anybody denying it wasn't perfect, Nobody claimed it was.

Yet, you'll sit there and ignore all that was and has been contributed by the US simply because you have that myopic point of view?

Cheers, I'm off to grill a Rib-eye steak

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

SLAYER69

That isn´t truth either. first railway is old invention it´s has roots to egypt then to germany and in England they made first railways and even public railways before United States.
And birth of automobile needed steam engines ( firstly invented in England ) and first car was made in German by Benz. What American´s did they started to make cars like Ford T in assembly line.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The second, and more likely at this point, is that a predecessor species to ours was extremely crafty and clever, making sophisticated tools long before Homo sapiens emerged.

Homo heidelbergensis, aka Heidelberg Man, lived in Africa, Europe and western Asia from at least 600,000 years ago. He clearly got around, and many think this species was the direct ancestor ofHomo sapiens in Africa and Neanderthals in Europe and Asia.

The new paper, published in the latest PLoS ONE, focuses on the newly identified stone-tipped spears, which date to 280,000 years ago. They were found at an Ethiopian Stone Age site known as Gademotta

The tools were probably made by homo heidelbergensis. Modern humans are homo sapiens. This isn't really that big of a deal, remains of homo habilis, an even more primitive hominid (2.33 to 1.44 Mya) are found with stone tools. As a matter of fact, australopithecus garhi which existed 2.5 Mya has been found with stone tools and they aren't even in the genus Homo.
edit on 14-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I appreciate your enthusiasm but what the hell do railroads and cars have to do with promoting personal freedoms and ancient spear tips?

edit on 14-11-2013 by SLAYER69 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here's a simple question:

If I dug up a rock and made a spear tip out of it then someone (gullible) found it and dated it to be 85,000 years old, does this mean that I'm 85,000 year old homo sapien?

just askin - what say you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join