It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

pheonix358
If this catches on the collapse will be a lot sooner than 2017.

Paper money is only as good as peoples faith in that money. No faith = collapse.

As a heads up, if you have wealth tied up in stocks and bonds, or government bonds, get rid of them now. Buy back in after the free fall collapse. The stock market is the biggest ponzi scheme ever conceived. It is based solely on peoples perceptions of what shares are worth with no backing what so ever.

Humpty Dumpty (the share market) will have a free fall similar to a satellites plunge from orbit and just as fiery.

P

Stocks will continue to rise as the dollar crashes, selling stocks if you think this is going to happen is the wrong thing to do. Bonds, you may get paid back, but it will be with almost worthless dollars. Cash will be the absolutely worst place to be.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

gorgi

To make it short:

The dollar is backed by the full faith of the US government. I know most people here believe that the US government is going to collapse and any moment, but reality is very different. US bonds are the most popular and safest place to put your money. This is why major companies and countries buy US bonds. If they really believed the dollar was in trouble, they would abandon ship.

A gold /silver standard is very bad. Basically your money supply is tied to how fast a country can acquire a shiny metal out of the ground. Monetary policy is shut down, it all depends on a shiny metal. Greece is a good example of why being able to make ones own policy is good. They cant, and they are in worse shape than they would be.

Currently the Federal Reserve has to buy 70% of all Treasury issuances because there are not enough willing buyers for our government debt. Same for mortgage and corporate debt as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
What will be truly entertaining is watching the doom-sayers realize, all too late, how interconnected and interdependent the world economy has become.

I believe I'll get quite a laugh out of the situation when America starts the final economic plunge, to see many outside the U.S. having a grand time watching ....just to having their own economies implode and become junk status right along side us, at roughly the same instant.

Doom is fun to root for...until one realizes it's their OWN doom as much as anyone else's, it's really ushering in.

So, absolutely, folks like this Russian politician ought to enjoy life while it's still enjoyable. The Math that he and others, world wide, have insured we're living with also assures a time limit to the party ..and that deadline is fast approaching for ALL of us.

Typical US Citizenry attitude. They've held the world hostage and now this example gloats over their plans to bring us down with them.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Thanks....
That helps, me understand your viewpoint.
But I am still concerned.
The argument is that we don't want to base our currency on anything substantial...uh physical...redeemable
our currency is faith based?
So really when our money says in god we trust...it means government is our god?

Ok jokes aside.
Seriously...the faith in the US government is not as strong as it used to be, and our military, although still the biggest ever, is weekening.
So, how much doubt is required before our faith based currency Is invalid?

That I guess is the question.

X
edit on 15-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Act1Scene1

Typical US Citizenry attitude. They've held the world hostage and now this example gloats over their plans to bring us down with them.

...and what nation would it be you hail from? Seeing as how the United States is absolutely not to your liking on pretty much any level, judging by this and other opinions you've shared recently?

I'm not gloating about a damn thing. I actually hate, with a passion, what I've seen my Government become over the previous years and decades, for that matter, but primarily these past several years. I'm doing what I can, to the limited degree I'm able at this stage, to change that. In time, I expect to do a whole lot more...but in time, for all things.

In the mean time, I'm being pragmatic and realistic. New York City is one of a few key and core financial exchanges that run the entirely global economy. If the U.S. Crashes, NYC and Chicago go with it, and that ALONE takes down a large segment of world economic value as well as potential for a long time to come.

The U.S. is also integral in and to economic projects or operations in dozens of nations, world wide. From private contracts to develop mining in Central Africa to AID contracts working their way through on disaster zones ranging from Indonesia to Haiti to now, the Philippines.

When the US falls...It WILL be taking a fair portion of the planet down with it in pure economic terms. That isn't arrogance, it's a solid functional knowledge of global geo-politics and how economics works in the real world.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by gorgi

Thanks....
That helps, me understand your viewpoint.
But I am still concerned.
The argument is that we don't want to base our currency on anything substantial...uh physical...redeemable
our currency is faith based?
So really when our money says in god we trust...it means government is our god?

Ok jokes aside.
Seriously...the faith in the US government is not as strong as it used to be, and our military, although still the biggest ever, is weekening.
So, how much doubt is required before our faith based currency Is invalid?

That I guess is the question.

X
edit on 15-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

You personally may not have much faith in the US government, but most countries have no issues with buying US bonds, major corporations have no issues either.
Gold and silver are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. It doesnt have some magical base value.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Yea, OK. Funny how you all forget how many American lives were lost fighting wars for other countries who were crying for our help, I can post them if you want. Now all of a sudden it's "Let them fail, blah blah blah". Well you know what, this American is tired of seeing our dollars, whether they're real or made up or whatever you people are saying, going to countries who's people cannot wait for us to collapse. If it was up to me, I'd keep our money, technology and agriculture here and tell the rest of you to go hell. You don't understand how much the average American is going into debt paying taxes to support half the world and all we get is the citizens of those countries complaining.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

Yeah.....You post those figures and for comparison, I'll post the figures for innocent civilians killed directly as a result of American intransigence.

As for the OP, way things stand right now, when the $ goes down, the missiles go up.....Unless US citizens can take back their country first.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

OptimusCrime
reply to post by Telos

Yea, OK. Funny how you all forget how many American lives were lost fighting wars for other countries who were crying for our help, I can post them if you want. Now all of a sudden it's "Let them fail, blah blah blah". Well you know what, this American is tired of seeing our dollars, whether they're real or made up or whatever you people are saying, going to countries who's people cannot wait for us to collapse. If it was up to me, I'd keep our money, technology and agriculture here and tell the rest of you to go hell. You don't understand how much the average American is going into debt paying taxes to support half the world and all we get is the citizens of those countries complaining.

I hear you! I accept what you say.

I will say this. The American people have sacrificed much and have always done so in a heroic way. I will never forget their sacrifice.

The American Government is vastly different. It is controlled by the world corporation and enters wars to make lots of money. I refer to the first major money spinner, WW2 and the lend lease agreements where Jeeps and trucks, badly needed to reconstruct Europe, where dumped in the Atlantic so more profits could be made.

I separate the people from the Government, the first are laudable, the second are warmongers for profit.

P

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
2017! That's 4 more years of this s**t!

Why isn't the Russian "ruble" a Ponzi scheme? Far as I know, Russians carry currency and have a central bank just like we do. Too lazy to look myself, is the "ruble" backed by anything other than the good faith and credit of the Russian government? If not, what the hell. Aren't all 1st world governments doing the same thing?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I find it funny that everyone has all this information about the subject. How do any of us REALLY know when/what will happen, we don't. Everyone on here takes turns guessing and arguing over this. It's so very pointless, and many threads have pages of this already. How do you know when a collapse will happen? How do you know what it will look like? How do you know WHO it will affect? It probably will happen, maybe it won't. Maybe it will affect some of us, maybe all of us. Stop arguing and guessing like you know it all, seriously, we don't know # when it comes down to it. The government may be corrupt and fueling the already out of control fire that will eventually give in, but all this isn't going to help anyone.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

iKronS
I find it funny that everyone has all this information about the subject. How do any of us REALLY know when/what will happen, we don't. Everyone on here takes turns guessing and arguing over this. It's so very pointless, and many threads have pages of this already. How do you know when a collapse will happen? How do you know what it will look like? How do you know WHO it will affect? It probably will happen, maybe it won't. Maybe it will affect some of us, maybe all of us. Stop arguing and guessing like you know it all, seriously, we don't know # when it comes down to it. The government may be corrupt and fueling the already out of control fire that will eventually give in, but all this isn't going to help anyone.

There are plenty of news sites with people who feel exactly as you do. Why are you on a conspiracy website?

No offense but...what were you expecting exactly?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

squarehead666
reply to post by OptimusCrime

Yeah.....You post those figures and for comparison, I'll post the figures for innocent civilians killed directly as a result of American intransigence.

As for the OP, way things stand right now, when the $ goes down, the missiles go up.....Unless US citizens can take back their country first.

And I'll post the amount of innocent civilians killed by those who we are fighting. What are you getting at? All the sudden you're in every war we've ever fought counting casualties? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

OptimusCrime
reply to post by Telos

You're getting too personal in your post. You're addressing to me as: YOU ALL... Dude, I'm canadian and as a citizen of a neighboring country with USA, is absolutely against our interests to see the states go down. And like some other poster mentioned, other countries don't hate american people. You cannot hate people, you hate their government. But unfortunately that's how things are in today's world. You hate the government of a country and want it to go down not realizing that if that happens, people of that country will suffer etc. I hope you get my point. American people are the best, american politician are the worst.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Sorry, I meant by " You all " as the masses I'm reading hoping we sink. I'm not pointing fingers at everyone. It's OK to hate our government, I hate our government right now, I think they're all thieves. I don't like North Korea's government either, but I'm not going to say "Gosh, golly, I hope that country just crumbles". No, I'm going to hope for the best and hope that things get better. People hoping a country to crumble to teach a lesson are no better than the governments who are destroying that particular country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join