It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far back does Your family history go?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
My great grandad immigrated through Ellis island with his wife, my great uncle, and my grandfather in tow. That is my moms paternal side. Maternal side....just a bunch of rednecks that lived amongst the indians in the El Paso area. My grandmother, a fairly narrow minded white lady, ground her own corn for tortillas. And turned her nose up at all Mexican restaurants.

On the dads side....my grand mother died young. It scattered the family. So all I know is the most basic of basics.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Last I had heard the DNA project goes further then just 3000 years; such as in the tens of thousands of years.
Had you actually looked into the link I had reovided to a site of one of my ancestors Catherine DeBaillon? the lineage goes into the families of Byzantium some of which married into the Bagratid dynasties of Armenia and Georgia which is how it goes back that far if a person actually has the time to do the reasearch. The website was created by a group of decendants of her so that others could find the VARIFIED lineage of her. I`ll Post it again here habitant.org...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To every one here who has been able to trace their lineage(s) back beyond four generations I must commend you for caring enough to learn about your families and the history behind them. It`s not easy to do so ESPECIALLY in the U.S.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join