It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Trending : Batman bin Suparman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is believed to be the ID card of Batman bin Suparman who was recently jailed in Singapore

A man with the eye-catching name Batman bin Suparman has been jailed on theft and drugs charges. Well before this case, his double-barrelled superhero name had given him something of cult following on social media.

The jokes on social media are aplenty following the news that a 23-year-old man, Batman bin Suparman, has been given a prison sentence of 33 months by a court in Singapore. Batman was arrested after being caught stealing money from a shop, as well as using his brother's cash card to withdraw money. Far-fetched as it seems, this unusual name does appear to be entirely genuine - and it's not gone unnoticed.

Back in May 2008, a Singaporean ID card belonging to one Batman bin Suparman began being widely shared on social media. It was picked up by the blog Gizmodo and ran from there. Since then, the picture has been re-posted over 300 times, there have been more 15,000 tweets using his name, and a Facebook fan page has been set up in his honour. It has more than 11,000 followers.

some of the tweet :

"Just found out the Internet celebrity Batman bin Suparman is a petty criminal locked up in Singapore. Bummer." - @mieky

"Thief named Batman bin Suparman is jailed after stealing a bank card from his brother - Kapow!" - @DubaiNameShame

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - @ginoboi

Read more : www.bbc.co.uk...
i think social media have runing out of joke material so this inocent look boy be a stars for them..

edit on 13-11-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

No jail will ever hold him.

Great story!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. - Batman

Hoisted by his own petard....

I have waited a long time to say that.

edit on 11/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

He should have to change his name....

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by cheesy

He should have to change his name....

Batman bin Suparman Jones?

Oo

edit on 14-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Batman was arrested after being caught stealing money from a shop.

Lmao , im still laughing.

new topics

top topics

join