It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical questions from a skeptical believer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
First and foremost, I want to put it out there that I believe 100% that there are other civilizations in the universe.

I have personally witnessed “odd” things in the heavens on three occasions.
Two of the three can be chalked up to “weird lights”.

Here’s the thing:

If we are to assume that these civilizations exist and possess the technology to travel space in order to visit us, then we must accept that they are far more advanced than we are, yet:

They seem to have a need for lighting.
Our own little military can operate just fine in the dark, without any lighting.

We can actually see them.

While our governments have stealth that allow craft to go virtually unseen, their craft are visible, both by eye and our caveman-like radar.

Which brings me to the point:

Either they want to be seen, or they don’t.

If they don’t want to be seen, surely they possess the ability to not be seen.

If they want to be seen, then why make a tremendous spectacle?
Rather than leaving anything up for debate, make a spectacle that absolutely cannot be denied.
Surely they possess the technology to produce a spectacle so grand, no amount of “cover-up” would do.

Yet, for some reason, they choose to appear in the middle of nowhere, allowing themselves to be viewed briefly, by only a few.

They either want to be noticed, or they don’t, and I have to believe they have the ability to make either happen.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

good points... S&F

Maybe the lights are what make their craft boogie around space...

Turn them off and they'd drop like flies...

ye think?

My POS car has running lights... I can't turn the damn things off either lol

Perhaps they have the same issue

edit on 13-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactly!
Like they need to turn their high beams on to make their way down A1A!
Oops, better click them off, oncoming car ahead!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I 100% believe the following:

only criminal aliens and the insane come here.

That's why they sneak around in the dark.

Now there are military craft as well that are mistaken
for ET's. They are also sneaking around in the dark
for the most part, except for during scheduled
psyops.

Some people might cry that there must be 'good aliens'
here to help us, or 'neutral scientists visiting us'.

Sorry.. not anymore. The following link is one major reason why
I say this:

Doomsday Clock

One wrong "we come in peace" on the whitehouse lawn and the nukes will
fly. Or on any sovereign nations government center lawn. No sovereign
nation with nukes wants friendly aliens to give preference to any other
nation.

KPB

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Good post my friend!

For all we know their could be a giant mothership above us everyday camouflaged!

What if these beings posses the technology of awareness. By that I mean what if they know, when someone sees them. How? I don't have any idea just some fun speculation.

Maybe their stealth technology when active creates a disadvantage of their ship?

I also completely believe civilizations exist out their. IMO it's inevitable but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

For them to even get here in a "decent" amount of time they'd have to have something that makes them avoid rocks and debris they are flying through going light speed or faster. Such as an anti-matter generator around the ship or , idk, who knows. Again some fun speculation.

Have a good one

-Seth
edit on 13-11-2013 by MyEyesSeeTooClear because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I can't say whether I believe they come in peace or not.
I can say that they could hide among us, or annihilate us, yet they do neither. (Or do they?)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MyEyesSeeTooClear

You bring up an argument that I have considered, perhaps their power source somehow reacts with our atmosphere, causing some type of residual light?

An unforeseen reaction to our "alien" atmosphere?

Like I say, I have more questions than answers.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
According to ufo folklore the reason that they sometimes fall out of the sky is from concentrated microwave radiation from radar towers.
Way the story goes it messes with their low velocity propulsion.
I liken it to modern day explorers getting shot by natives with poison darts. They just didnt expect it from primitives.
edit on 13-11-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nice thread!
I often use the same question regarding the possibility of sightings all being military crafts, if it's top secret, why the lights in populated areas? If they are to be seen ,why the secrecy?

When I let the imagination take over I sometimes think they come here purely for entertainment. We are their MTV. They get their kicks from spying on us for fun, showing themselves then disappearing again, playing chicken with planes, frolicking in the clouds etc.

I too believe they know when we see them. From my experience ( 3 orange lights) I got the feeling the lights knew we were watching , they also seemed to be playing with each other ( orbiting one another ) whilst another light took a more steady ' responsible ' course.
I've seen another star like light that always seemed to blink off when I went inside to get the binoculars. I told the other half about it , later on I pointed out the light to him which blinked off just after he noticed it. Go figure

I like the speculations! It's interesting to see what others come up with

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
While fun to speculate on, the flaw in your reasoning is in assuming there is a "They".

While the UFO Phenomenon is a real Phenomenon, the phenomenon does not necessarily equate to being the product of any technologically advanced Extraterrestrial species.

As it stands, UFOs fit quite well within the category of UNKNOWN.
UNKNOWN doesn't rule out ET, but, it also doesn't rule out any likelihood for attribution to natural phenomenon.

Further,, the majority of 'legitimate' UFOs sighted and reported are misidentification, and/or observation of unidentified man-made terrestrial aircraft. It's not uncommon for people to mistake Venus, Jupiter, or Spica for a UFO, and it's quite common for folks to also misidentify Chinese Sky Lanterns, as well as mylar balloons, and even Lenticular Cloud formations and other meteorological phenomenon.
We've also people making legitimate claim that are victims of hoaxing from LED balloons, LED Kites, quad copters, solar balloons and other such.
Additionally, we've many folk entirely unschooled in satellites where satellites are mistaken for UFOs, especially when their solar panels flare in catching sunlight at an angle, as well as the illusion caused when they "cloak", or disappear as a result of falling into Earth's shadow.

Even where there's an entirely legitimate UNKNOWN that doesn't fit with the typical misidentification pattern, such does not, as stated previously, translate into a "They", or aliens.
It's simply, until proven otherwise, an UNKNOWN, until sufficient data is in place to give proper identification.

Thus, it's advisable to be careful in giving a "They" attribution as it applies to UFOs in inference that UFOs are under intelligent control.
As before, UNKOWN doesn't rule out intelligent control, but, it also includes any number of other attributions, including natural phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Hard to say really. What was it a previous thread said, something like scientists have discovered 42,000 earth-like worlds within range of our sensors, telescopes, etc? So if aliens even exist why would they come here? All I can think of is:

1. To keep an eye on us because humans are dangerous. Nukes and warp drive = bad combo.
    2. It's teenage aliens with the family "car." We know teens can't drive anyway.
    3. They're toying with us, "Look there's a human, flash the lights."
    - or -
    4. It's just secret human military craft nobody wants to admit to.

edit on 276pm4545pm112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Oaktree
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I can't say whether I believe they come in peace or not.
I can say that they could hide among us, or annihilate us, yet they do neither. (Or do they?)

Our suffering will be prolonged for an extended period of time,
so that everyone who wants to can feed upon the underclass
(us). Feed on our labor, feed on our tax dollars, feed on our
very essences.

But it's possible that we will suffocate from killing the ocean
plankton due to acidification or suffer runaway global warming
and turn into venus due to subsurface methane deposits melting.

Hard to say.

I'd like to think it was possible for humans to rear up on their
mammal hind legs and learn to love each other and throw off
their limitations.. only maybe a 0.86% probability of that.
But it's worth trying... you never know... could happen.

KPB

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good question. Maybe it's like someone else said - they need the light for energy. Maybe they aren't using energy to create the light but the light is the source of the energy.

Or they just don't care if we see them.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Oaktree
First and foremost, I want to put it out there that I believe 100% that there are other civilizations in the universe.

I have personally witnessed “odd” things in the heavens on three occasions.
Two of the three can be chalked up to “weird lights”.

Here’s the thing:

If we are to assume that these civilizations exist and possess the technology to travel space in order to visit us, then we must accept that they are far more advanced than we are, yet:

They seem to have a need for lighting.

Our own little military can operate just fine in the dark, without any lighting.

We can actually see them.

There are 3 good explanations for this.

1) The lighting is for OUR benefit not theirs, for collision avoidance or simply to get attention.

2) The lighting is part of a communications system between objects.

Or my personal favorite:

3) The lighting is not lighting at all in the traditional sense. It's a byproduct of the propulsion/power system. One does not look at a jet afterburner and think, "oh what pretty lights" do they?

There is a good reason to believe #3 could very well be the best explanation for the lights.

For example, beamed propulsion lightcraft that WE are developing give off lighting but its a result of the physics involved:

While our governments have stealth that allow craft to go virtually unseen, their craft are visible, both by eye and our caveman-like radar.

They simply may not care. Knowing that they are so much more advanced they might not care if they are seen or not.

Which brings me to the point:

Either they want to be seen, or they don’t.

See the 3rd possibility I outlined above.

They may not have a choice (ie: their craft produce light as a byproduct of the powerplant or propulsion system) or they may not care one way or the other.

PS: Its good to have another open minded skeptic here.
edit on 14-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
To believe that we are the only living beings is crazy there are billions of other galaxies out there. The belief that we are the only ones is a christian theory.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Oaktree

Hard to say really. What was it a previous thread said, something like scientists have discovered 42,000 earth-like worlds within range of our sensors, telescopes, etc? So if aliens even exist why would they come here? All I can think of is:

1. To keep an eye on us because humans are dangerous. Nukes and warp drive = bad combo.
    2. It's teenage aliens with the family "car." We know teens can't drive anyway.
    3. They're toying with us, "Look there's a human, flash the lights."
    - or -
    4. It's just secret human military craft nobody wants to admit to.

edit on 276pm4545pm112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

I like Kathleen Marden's (neice of Betty Hill) theory:

They are students here to do their lab.

Astrobiology 302 for a Type 2 Civilization

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So if aliens even exist why would they come here?

Intelligence seeks more intelligence. In this universe all conscious life seeks to communicate with other forms of conscious life - this is part of the nature of consciousness. If their consciousness is so far advanced so as to see human consciousness as small, undeveloped and most often trite, it becomes necessary to only make brief and often enigmatic communication until the human mind has evolved sufficiently to allow meaningful dialogue. You may be facing the so-called 'prime-directive' as in the popular sci-fi series StarTrek where 'they' have decided not to interfere in primitive cultures such as man's is currently. But yet they are explorers and scientists and for now they come here to observe, record data, and just maybe, as in the past, introduce enigmas into the human paradigm to further develop and evolve the human psyche.
When dealing with minds that are so far advanced above that of humans so as to boggle the imagination, an absolute and definitive reason for their fleeting and enigmatic appearances remains speculative - As of now science fiction offers the only hypothetical answers.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In another thread I showed how an alleged group of aliens from Zeta Reticuli might have happened across us while in the course of other exploration.

I will be posting a nice video and thread along those lines in the not too distant future.
edit on 14-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

they want to be seen but not by everybody. They only want selective exposure to a few useful people. The rest, they send away even by discrediting their own contactees (Meier?, Angelucci?)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
Further, the majority of 'legitimate' UFOs sighted and reported are misidentification, and/or observation of unidentified man-made terrestrial aircraft. It's not uncommon for people to mistake Venus, Jupiter, or Spica for a UFO, and it's quite common for folks to also misidentify Chinese Sky Lanterns, as well as mylar balloons, and even Lenticular Cloud formations and other meteorological phenomenon.

You forgot to mention swamp gas...now that the flood of evidence has established the ufo reality it is not necessary to dilute hypothesis with negatives as only the positives will clarify the nature of this thing.
edit on 14-11-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join