It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

I agree 100%. I don't proselytize about my non-belief, and squirm when people I know in social situations foist that label upon me when conversing. Why do people feel they need to shout from the rooftops about their god? Who cares?

Right, it’s like you *have* to have a label, and if you don’t label yourself, they will. Even though I don’t know of a label yet that can really define what all I believe, it’s just easier to say I’m atheist, especially with Christians. I used to be a Christian, so I know what they are taught and how they believe. According to what some have implied here, I guess atheists don’t even have a right to think of themselves as “spiritual”!

But it's fine with me for them to just dismiss me as a godless heathen, ignorant and unable to understand spiritual things. And I don’t want to proselytize, either. Hey, from my point of view, I’m giving them a break!
Because I know they don’t really want to know what it is I *do* believe...and I can guarantee, they do *not* want me to go there lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

you remember waaaay back in the day... last year when we had mega-discussions about how atheism is not a religion?

now they claim... Actually, it’s theists who believe in nothing, quite fervently

i'm confused

edit on rd503413p1100000034R50 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join