It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad day America, "Martin Luther King passed away this morning."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mods, because this topic shows the stupidity of people, I chose this forum to post this. Feel free to move if you choose.

Anyhow, how sad is this? Here is Mark Dice, once AGAIN, showing how people, just don't have a clue in what is happening OR what has happened in the World they live in.......

If these people are the results of our educational system......we are in BIG trouble!

I really don't know what to say. Watch the video and see for yourself...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I glanced at your title and thought: "Oh #! A genuine time slip!

Although there are certainly oodles of people completely ignorant to our history, MLK is one of the most remembered.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Once again America proves it has the smartest citizens in the world as well as the greatest educational system bar none.

Absolutely nothing slips past us!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yea, that's what I thought. I mean my 14 year old daughter would have looked at ole Mark and said, "Ummmm didn't he die a long time ago?"

Also the fact that every February is dedicated to the works of MLK..... sigh

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That’s what makes life an oxymoron; if ignorance is bliss then this world should be a much happier place. I think someone needs to investigate the accuracy in the statement: “ignorance is bliss” because the bliss just isn’t adding up. You know? 

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

All of the Mark Dice interviews on the boardwalk, etc are funny and sad at the same time......It is amazing how dumb the general population really is!

I feel bad that these morons raise children in this world....Our future leaders are being taught "lessons in life" from these people.....

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"I love black people"

You gotta love the U.S
Bet they all think Obama is white too.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Yea, that's what I thought. I mean my 14 year old daughter would have looked at ole Mark and said, "Ummmm didn't he die a long time ago?"

Also the fact that every February is dedicated to the works of MLK..... sigh

Right. And I'm sure you're 100% correct about your 14-year-old's response... so in that light... don't you find this video just a tiny bit fishy, if you stop to think about it for a moment? I'm sure every single one of us here would have gotten this right. And I'm sure even many school children today, would get this right. So why is it that he seems to show us a video where every single person seems to not realize who MLK was, or that he was already dead?

That said, I bet you I could take a video camera, and go downtown in a nearby city, and do this same exact thing... and get just enough stupid people to EDIT into a 4-5 minute video just like this.... of course leaving out the likely dozens of other people who responded by looking at me like I had three heads, or saying "are you on something, or crazy, or what? Is this a joke? Prank for youtube? What's your scam?"

Trusting the media is often a mistake. Just because it's "alternative" media does not mean that they don't have an agenda, even one as simple as pushing a particular angle, to reach a particular market, to make money. Just because a guy screams out "illuminati!" every other five minutes does not necessarily mean they're to be trusted, or won't resort to typical BS yellow journalism tactics.

Are americans really stupid? Some are, for sure. Frighteningly so. The fact that he was even able to get five minutes for a video like this without using actors (unless, of course, he did) is surprising, and saddening. But when you've got enough film (or memory, in the digital age) and time to edit, you can make things look just about however you want. Yes, we need to stop being so intellectually lazy, as a culture. But I really want to believe that this video was a poor representation of the general public.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I can agree with you that Mark possibly edited out those whom looked at him and said, "WTF are you talking about?".

But to say he paid or coerced people to act as stupid as those in the video did?........

What I find sad is that he found that many people whom were clueless in a short period of time is what I find disturbing! Mark usually, only spends 15 to 20 min. making these videos....

So are you trying to tell me that there are NOT people whom live amongst us that are this stupid????

My biggest issue with people of this mentality is that they are the ones prayed upon by BOTH political parties to garner votes! THAT IS WHAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Some, but not all Americans who post on ATS, do have a very skewed view on world history.
In some cases it is totally cringe worthy.
When evidence is put before them that they are wrong about a certain topic or issue, they still believe their own version.
However in their defence, it is not only Americans who do this.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Some, but not all Americans who post on ATS, do have a very skewed view on world history.
In some cases it is totally cringe worthy.
When evidence is put before them that they are wrong about a certain topic or issue, they still believe their own version.
However in their defence, it is not only Americans who do this

Your right! However, due to the fact I am an American, I tend to stay out of political/educational debates of folks from other countries for two reasons.

I do not understand their culture.

I do not understand their political mechanics.

I choose to attack my own. I understand the culture and politics where I live, other countries? Not so much. I leave it up to those whom live in other countries to do the same......

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
just have to look at Sacha baron Cohen doing the Borat video in America,wasn,t nothing to do with it being a bigger hit if it was filmed in America,he done it there cause it shows how some culture in America is a little out of whack if not verging on stupidity.

not one person thought they would be filmed and it would be shown all over the world,some idiot from Kazakhstan is here from abroad so what harm can he do?well he had the whole world laughing at Americans for some situations of their culture and for me the fact they tried to sue shows that they were caught out and they had to try make out thats not what their really like but damage was already done.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

You do bring up a valid point!

Could it be being in front of a camera and microphone brings out the stupidity? An adult form of peer pressure perhaps?

Good point! But not sure how to address that one.......

Be honest?

OR

Be cool? (trendy or politically correct)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by sparky31

You do bring up a valid point!

Could it be being in front of a camera and microphone brings out the stupidity? An adult form of peer pressure perhaps?

Good point! But not sure how to address that one.......

Be honest?

OR

Be cool? (trendy or politically correct)
honesty is the best policy and not sure a camera and microphone causes you to be stupid,the fact that you think that no ones going to see it mite but doesn,t stop you from spouting what you think.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I cant believe how stupid these people are.. When i was growing up here in the south he was the only thing we studied in history from 1st to 12th. I always wondered about other history but it was always his legacy being crammed down our throats.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well it only goes to show you that although you get some of the best Hospitals and Universities in America, it's just for the few with money. The rest are left to collect what's left in the dirt.

*Shrug* good thing I had a somewhat decent experience at public school and know that Mr King couldn't have died twice.

new topics

top topics

join