It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COD: GHOSTS MULTIPLAYER DISCUSSION THREAD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Hopefully BF4 goes like PS2 and goes free

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I love Ghosts, granted it's not as easy as the other CoD games due to every kill has a stopping power feel to it from MW2 and it's usually who sees who first, or who reacts the quickest that will ultimately win the gun fight. If you're getting shot from behind, or from the sides or even from the front - 90% of the time you're dead before you even have the cancer to run for cover.

I guess that's why a lot of people are hating the game, people want to be the 'lone wolf and be able to good every game but that won't happen I'm Ghosts very often. I love it, it's challenging and the maps offer a lot of different routes - even though I hate that I have to clear so many places and it's so bad on some of the maps that I just ignore some of them like a chicken with its head cut off.

I'm happy though, as. SnD player, I honestly can't wait to the 15th so - I'm sticking to SnR till then for practice reasons even though I hate that game and can come up with several reasons why it's a flop, not to mention it's for newbs.

The good news brothers and sisters is the we're still getting dedicated severs as promised, it's just a question of when. Some speculate it will come at the same time as the Xbox One release.

People should just be patient and continue to learn the maps because it gets easier but many need to accept that they really aren't as good as they think they are and it seems to be a lot of people are in denial. Someone said Ghost will expose the players who have the better connection end on BO2, and it's actually true for most since I'll admit lag is a really issue.

It's really sad though, I know of someone who tried to take him game back to Gamestop to trade it in and they wouldn't accept it because too many people brought it back and they still have a lot of unsold copies in stock. I know of someone who burned his game out of anger as well, the problem with this is, if people play with frustration then they are less likely to play any better than they were. Anger blinds people and make them stupid indeed.

So just play for fun folks, it's the only way to bother with Ghost. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So all in all, its #.

Was going to buy it, definitely not now.

Looks like it will be BF4, then buy PS4 and wait for BO3 . . .But then again imagine what BF5 will be like on that console. Goddamn.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

TheProphetMark
I love Ghosts, granted it's not as easy as the other CoD games

It's more realistic which is good.... that isn't the problem.
Why do people always assume that others don't like a game because it's too hard?
It's just not very good, it's difficulty, for me and many others, has nothing at all to do with it.

There is no innovation with COD. They churn out basically the same game every year but as someone already said, they've got progressively worse!!
There's very little skill involved in COD, comparatively to say Battlefield.

The maps suck on Ghosts too.

People should just be patient

WHY??? They've had 6 years to get it right? Modern Warfare started the current style of COD and was great, as was WaW and a couple of others, but they just keep removing the good and adding pointless features like stickers for your guns and cammo. Yes it's cool but adds nothing to the gameplay, which is first and foremost the reason you play.
Having a pink gun and blue sight and green stars on it.... who gives a ****?

COD is aimed at teenagers now, and it's just lame.... but they know their target market and they lap it up.

I played BF Bad Company, BF2 and BF3 and have slowly over time made the switch.
BF4 is not without issues, like any game, but it's about teamwork, tactics, vehicles, strategy and shooting the crap out of stuff, which is why it's better that COD.... which is run around really fast shoot something, die... run around again and shoot stuff. No thought, no skill just stupid.
OR... camp and scope people out.

Call Of Duty is the Junk Food of the gaming world. It gives a short burst of excitement but once you really look at it, it's crap... it's fine once in a while or in small doses but not all the time.

I, like others, am done with the COD series... it is sadly on its last legs, being propped up by people who just want the same thing every year but with some prettier guns, that can be Pink...or Blue... and have a Tiger on the side.

but many need to accept that they really aren't as good as they think they are and it seems to be a lot of people are in denial.

Again.... why is this relevant? It has nothing to do with it.
It's not too hard and people are not crap at the game (some obviously are) it's just that it's s***.

I've played COD for years and am decent enough. The game sucks, I do not.

edit on 11/11/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Can't say I don't agree with you that very little skill is involved. And you're completely right, CoD is the same thing every year - very easy to make a conspiracy ides of it. With the main point being no company gets this rich unless TPTP gives it the go and the only reason why they give it the go is because it benefits TPTB. What better way then to keep people as zombies? Well the majority anyway, could list more reasons but my match is about go start. Hmm it's really good junk food too, can't believe I gave it up for three years.

I hope with dedicated severs, people will enjoy it more than they are now.

CoD gives alot of players the illusion of accomplish to the point they are overly proud of it and try to make themselves youtube famous to get the attention they crave. Think about it, all that time we put into it...what are we getting out of it really? Nothing but making time go by, when it can really be put to better use.
edit on 11-11-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From what I seen, though I was originally going to buy the game on the new consoles. I changed my mind and will likely just get battlefield 4, really there is only one reason why I would still play the COD series and that is because most of my online friends are on that game and most people have either black ops or the new ghosts. But everything about it has been pretty much done to death, I would like to say there not trying anymore, but I think they stopped trying some years ago and just copy pasted the same ol recipe for every COD that came out, and has been out for a long time.

But yes like I said, it was one of the games I was going to get when the PS4 comes out. But seeing it now in action and everything people say about it, even hardcore black ops players I know are like meh on this game. And at least for me it has lost all of its appeal, what little it had. Battlefield 4, or this game warframe look way more interesting as online games which you can play with friends and have fun, then Ghosts or any COD game.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

They churn out basically the same game every year but as someone already said, they've got progressively worse!!

And here's confirmation of that , lazy programming or just reusing their own assets ?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hate ghosts multiplayer, seems like the core mode is like hardcore they def need to increase health. The maps are huge and for them being that big the spawn points are horrendous! The lag is terrible, hoping they turn on the dedicated servers when the new consoles come out. The last call of duty that I've liked was black ops 1! Well that's my little rant haha

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, for those of you that still like it and play it (me). I've found the best gun in the game right now, there is talk of nerfing it actually

MSBS with red dot and grip. It's a three round burst, so you can't totally rush with it but it's an instakill with a spray chest or above. It's almost as light as an SMG (it's an AR) so you can still be mobile and not camp and it's damage seems to not degrade that much over distance.

Right now I'm rocking that with the typical "rusher" perks...ready up, slight of hand, agility and I'm taking an extra lethal because the IED's in the game are really hard to see and nobody is running danger close/sitrep/blast shield yet. When I get a high enough level I'll probably trade in the extra IED for a third attachment on my gun.

I agree that the game isn't innovative and some of the maps are horrible. Right now I only play Cranked, so it leaves all of the big maps off and my K/D is climbing back up from the depth of trying everything once (Including a knifing only class, which is brutal with the current maps).

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

got to agree with you.
I love playing ghosts. its a bit more arcadey than some of the others but, that's often just what I want.

Given time people will learn the maps and what load out works for them and the cod hate will fall off.

It's about time there was an ats clan I reckon. just so we can tick off the clan challenges.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have a question for you!
I'm playing ghost on pc, and you know that you must be on steam to play, and your gamertag will be the steam gamertag...

However, I've played tonight and one of my steam friend leaved, then I saw on the screen that he changed his gamertag...
He sets himself to offline in steam as soon he leaved, but I knew he was still online.
I checked his steam profile, and in steam you can see EVERY gamertag a person had already used, but, his new gamertag wasn't there.
That means he changed his gamertag in ghost only, without changing his steam gamertag.
Someone here know how he did this? and is this legit?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
LeonGibKilledU. On the Xbox but only on a weekend, evenings

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join