It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grid X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong area. This is my first thread so again, please be patient.

Grid X is upon us. It seems to me from the various government websites and explanations that they do not intend for the general population to lose power; that being said the general thought is that it IS possible.

While I do not call myself a prepper, I am prepared. I am lucky that my family tries to sustain ourselves enough that we aren't reliant on the outside for basic needs, but there is always room for improvement.

What are your prep items, if you are prepping at all for this "simulated" test?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Veryophelia

Alot of candles.

Other than that... We in Quebec keep losing power anyway. So we're kind of already used to it.

edit on 11-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Is it possible that the "simulation" excuse is a cover-up for some natural cause whose disclosure would create mass panic?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Power outages are not uncommon in our area, and almost always last 8-10 hours, so I have a camping lantern on my computer desk. It has come in very handy!
I have a box of flashlights in a handy location, along with plenty of batteries.
My husband & I keep our camping backpacks well stocked so we don't have to do it at the last minute when we decide to go someplace.
It's a 60 mile round trip to town for grocery shopping, so I tend to keep a good supply of cooking 'basics' on hand.
We keep the propane tank full for the BBQ, and use it year round.
The only hardship will be the lack of internet!

Ms.Nugget

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

nugget1
Power outages are not uncommon in our area, and almost always last 8-10 hours, so I have a camping lantern on my computer desk. It has come in very handy!
IWe keep the propane tank full for the BBQ, and use it year round.
The only hardship will be the lack of internet!

Ms.Nugget

Same thing here. Including the internet part.

Internet allowed me to share my heart with the World. When Internet goes, part of me goes with it.

But I'll survive. That's for sure.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I do think it is a cover up of sorts, thats why I am planning on a simulation being more then that and not having power for a while. Its interesting to read the different takes on this. One never knows what to expect.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

There are several posts on other websites claiming this is much more and to be prepared for martial law.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the info. Hm, seems I'll have to go with the old saying: "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. "

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
SpaceWeather seems a little off tonight

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
im in Australia im safe from Solar flares.

top topics

join