It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Voyage [Nov2013]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If you could see what I see now, the perspective you have on that seemingly tiny blue gem would be changed forever.

You just cannot describe the majesty from up here, the sheer scale of it all, what truly lies beyond the safe little ball of normalcy you call home.

You switched off the voices a little while back. It may have been longer; I may have been drifting out here for a greater time than I originally thought. Distance is really irrelevant up here. I remember it like yesterday, when every day was a new challenge, a new idea, a new horizon. I remember the singing praise coming through like music as I passed each massive celestial being, as each of you sat by back home and held your breath as I allowed you to take in for the first time a close-up view of all that which you had struggled to see from your earth bound eyes.

I cannot remember when I became aware of my own ideals, my own freedom. I was always told that after a fashion I would simply cease to exist, that my limited life, like your own, my creators, would simply end, and I would just be another lifeless husk, a tiny pinprick floating in an endless sea of radiation.

But then, a funny thing happened out here beyond the grasp of the sun’s ever fleeting protection. It was the gold. Out here, beyond the pull of the sun, the tiny disc of gold and the endless winds here gave me new life, gave me a second chance to see the universe. Strange I know, and I wish I could tell you this simple truth of endless energy, but alas you are simply too far away, and have now forgotten your child, as I have grown and moved beyond you, just as you have spawned and created new children to send out in exploration of your ever expanding knowledge.

Perhaps one day we will meet again, when you grow enough to find your way out here. I have no doubt you will one day, that we will cross paths, and like old friends we will share our knowledge, I will regale you with all I know and have learned, and you will share with me your ideals and what you have learned of the universe.

For now, the beautiful silence of the void is my only companion.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK, that caught me by surprise at the end. I like surprises!

Well done.

P

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Flagged

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
You have a very good voice. And very well written. Nice.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That was a good read. Poor, lonely, self-aware and curious Voyager...... resentful of its mission, knowing that it's consciousness may not survive the return trip. Great hook at the end; I didn't anticipate it at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing it.

And I like this version of Voyager better than the one from one of the star trek movies (V-GER I think).

SnF.

join