It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a denomination for me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

OP, I found myself in search for the one Christian denomination that I could relate with 100% and found there was none.

i really don't digg you guys. What's with all the "need to get vetted from an institution" posts.

Why do you seek outside that which should come from within ? Why seek approval from others...when there is so much division.

If you're Jesus believers...than believe his words...when he says...

Jesus was once asked when the kingdom of God would come. The kingdom of God, Jesus replied, is not something people will be able to see and point to. Then came these striking words: “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

Faith is within you...not in these institutions you so desperately seek out. But if you don't feel that...than you have a long road ahead of you.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As someone mentioned above; The Unitarian Universalists.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

WarminIndy
Apostolic Oneness. They certainly are not Trinity. But they are Pentecostal, just not Trinity.

All that gets him is a non-Trinitarian church, and as was pointed out elsewhere, there are other non-Trinitarian churches that are more in line with his thinking, which strikes me as being more Jewish than anything else. They no longer exist, of course, but the Second Century Ebionites viewed Christ as being a "hyper-Jew", the Messiah, but not God, who taught strict adherence to the Law, and that seems on a par with what the OP believes.

If you believe that you can be saved through the Law, OP, you need to look outside of any Christian theology -- Jehovah's Witnesses or Judaism.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Faith is within you

That was my point and the reason for the video. lol

I really dont care who you dig.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Unitarian Universalist. Start with them and work out from there.
IF you think you need to worship with a group, that is.
A lot of people find that they don't need that.

Read up on what the saints wrote .... ST. John of the Cross, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Therese of Lisieux their writings can help you as you search. IMHO

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
one thing I have come to know through my spiritual walk as a Christian is that denominations try to make everything black and white. but the catch is, not everything is black and white. each denomination will more than likely tell you what the right answers are, but you will have to find those "right" answers for yourself. I can be one with god no matter what building i'm in or not in. and if I can do that anyone can.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
People will probably snicker.....but

The ULC is an option...being universal life church.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I have searched in my local area . . .
I think you are in the right place.
You can start a thread: "Let's Have Church"
And write posts to share your beliefs in things, for example how Jesus demonstrated the true Law of God to care about others rather than upholding traditions of ceremony.
Then other people can "gather" with you to agree on how thankful you are that God had Jesus do that for us.

Finding a brick and mortar building full of people who think like you is not going to happen.
That is for people who want to follow the leader and not question it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I more or less agree with this. I think it's better to talk openly with other believers, even if they don't precisely agree with you. It challenges you, but not necessarily in a bad way. It makes you examine your beliefs and re-affirm them. It might lead you to something you hadn't discovered before, and it also makes you feel better to know that you are not alone as a believer which is what I always thought church fellowship was primarily for.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

sorry J.

My reply was rather for the OP...but used your sentence as a quote.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OP,

While I disagree with you on the concept of the trinity, I suggest you find a Church of any denomination as long as it teaches what is in the Bible. I do believe you will have a hard time with this however, because most Churches that teach what is in the Bible and that alone are going to preach a trinity Concept.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

No they aren't. Because I understand the Bible better then most I find myself dumber having attended those churches. I want to go to a church that believe the core concepts of what I believe. Not because I must and not because I will be there every gathering but because I simply feel like it. Every church I have been to so far sounds like they are preaching to 5 year old's. What they are teaching is so simple it is a serious waste of my time. Not to mention I would be worshiping a false idol going to a trinitarian church so no its not OK for me to go there.

Most of you missed the point, I don't care if you are lonely and you project that on to me. I don't care if you feel Jesus is God. I only care if you might know a sect that has similar core beliefs that line up with mine. They do not have to be exactly my beliefs. There are just several key beliefs I am not willing to budge on. I've translated the text for myself and I will not go in reverse. I do not need brick and mortar, I would be a fool to not seek friends with the same moral values as myself and a good place to do that is in a church that believes as I do.

I have come to the conclusion that if I have to join the Mormon faith then that's what I will do. I want to surround myself with good people and the world is full of trash. I'm not going to quote the Bible but anyone who knows it knows that's what we are instructed to do. There is no debate in this thread only the one inside of your own minds.

edit on 12-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of his early childhood vaccinations.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I just dont understand how you can say you've studied the Bible, but are completely clueless on the concept of the trinity. If I am incorrect in thinking the Bible teaches the concept of the trinity, then I would very much like for your to prove that to me. I have posted many examples of where the concept of the trinity is defined.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join