It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT!!!! Yeah, I gotta rant for ya.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Jebus wants you for a sunbeam Terry...

Å99

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just find holes in their religion..get them mad and they start condemning you to hell which condemns themselves to hell...then laugh

Thankfully religion is BS and more people are waking up to know this.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Am I the only one that would love to hear someone talk from a non-christian religion point of view? Like, I'm also so sick of hearing that I'm going to hell etc... Why can't a muslim or hindu just tell me a quote from their bible? Heck, I'd love to hear something from some religion that I've never heard about because I'm sure there are popular religions that I never even noticed their existence.

I'm totally cool celebrating christmas, going to church, and even telling others "merry christmas". I'm totally cool being a cannibal and eating the body of christ at church because those things are delicious! But honestly, I'm not really a christian. I go there for culture and spending time with family. I respect their views and I don't need anyone telling me I'm going to hell because I already know I'm there already. If I'm really the child, Beelzebub then so be it. I'll shock you to death when I start crying hahaha

Everyone has heard about the word of Christ just like everyone has heard about Pepsi. We know he's your lord and savior, but he is not ours and even if he is, we don't need a daily reminder. At least that's how I feel about it. Now if you don't mind, I have a group of virgin girls to sacrifice to the spaghetti god. Spagodi?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Em2013
Am I the only one that would love to hear someone talk from a non-christian religion point of view? Like, I'm also so sick of hearing that I'm going to hell etc... Why can't a muslim or hindu just tell me a quote from their bible? Heck, I'd love to hear something from some religion that I've never heard about because I'm sure there are popular religions that I never even noticed their existence.

I'm totally cool celebrating christmas, going to church, and even telling others "merry christmas". I'm totally cool being a cannibal and eating the body of christ at church because those things are delicious! But honestly, I'm not really a christian. I go there for culture and spending time with family. I respect their views and I don't need anyone telling me I'm going to hell because I already know I'm there already. If I'm really the child, Beelzebub then so be it. I'll shock you to death when I start crying hahaha

Everyone has heard about the word of Christ just like everyone has heard about Pepsi. We know he's your lord and savior, but he is not ours and even if he is, we don't need a daily reminder. At least that's how I feel about it. Now if you don't mind, I have a group of virgin girls to sacrifice to the spaghetti god. Spagodi?

May the armpits of a thousand yaks keep you warm on all the coldest nights...

There's an old tibetan blessing for you...

Å99

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

akushla99

Em2013

Å99

I loled but I also appreciated your comment very much. Thank you, you made my day =)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Em2013

akushla99

Em2013

Å99

I loled but I also appreciated your comment very much. Thank you, you made my day =)

I thought you needed it...but I made the blessing up...

Å99

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire
Oh look, a non believer replied to me. Believe or you are a stupid ignorant servant of the devil who is well down the road to HELL, unless you stop and read my threads and dig it, dig it, dig it.”

Let me see. Have I told anyone they're serving Satan and heading towards Hell?
No, I haven't.
I can relax, then. Not talking about me.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I really really wish I could argue this with you... and tell you how loving and awesome and generous all Christians are... and how their hearts are full to the brim with the love of Jesus... but then I'd be a liar. The sad truth is that hearts have grown cold and egos have grown large. More and more often, I find myself cringing at the words of my fellow Christians and find it absolutely impossible to reconcile their thoughts and deeds with the teachings of Jesus. So I simply pray for their forgiveness as they know not what they do...

On the plus side, as a non-believer, you're just going to Hades. But me and other unconventional Christians? We're not just going, we're literal pawns of the devil and therefore active participants in evil! I have no doubt some would gleefully burn us at the stake, roasting marshmallows in our death pyre and making s'mores to celebrate. Oh well. Good thing for us that Jesus Himself will ultimately decide our eternal fate... not His followers

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I'm still trying to figure out who this Billy Swaggert guy is.
Is he Jimmy Swaggerts retarded brother that they keep locked up in the attic?
If that's the case then I submit that MANY on this site are Billy Swaggert wannabes, religious views not withstanding.

edit on 11 11 2013 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As soon as the bible thumpers can prove to me that a soul is real and exists without a shadow of a doubt, then I might give them some credence. With out the reality of a soul to compel them to "save it", all their ranting and raving falls apart. I do believe in the "Golden Rule" and try to abide by it in all my endeavors. I get amused by the gullibility of Christians that believe the dogma, hook line and sinker!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You are right. I have NEVER seen a forum where every thread, including the science threads, are infiltrated by the "thumpers". I wish ATS would "off topic" those types of replies. And it seems like only the Christains here are doing that crap. You don't see a bunch of Muslims pushing their Islamic faith on everyone like the Christians do on here. It's infuriating.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

posting bible quotes/pushing any religion's agenda should be forbidden outside the religion forum, imho.

We each "push" whatever we believe every time we speak. Whole nations swear in their leaders on "The Bible". Whole societies are created around this teaching, so to say people should keep it to themselves seems a little silly to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Why can't a muslim or hindu just tell me a quote from their bible?

They are the same books.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Hollie
You are right. I have NEVER seen a forum where every thread, including the science threads, are infiltrated by the "thumpers". I wish ATS would "off topic" those types of replies. And it seems like only the Christains here are doing that crap. You don't see a bunch of Muslims pushing their Islamic faith on everyone like the Christians do on here. It's infuriating.

I really don't understand any of you ranting. If someones response in a topic brings up information that is filtered toward their beliefs in ancient texts, why does it bother so much? If it irritates for some odd reason, why not just skip that response and read the next?
Surely no one is forced to read or respond to anyone and yet everyone has a personal point of view.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

... Peace and love to you ~~~>>>

Fill your heart with love and ignore...

-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 11-11-2013 by natalia because: Scared..always scared to state my actual beliefs...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Hollie

I really don't understand any of you ranting. If someones response in a topic brings up information that is filtered toward their beliefs in ancient texts, why does it bother so much? If it irritates for some odd reason, why not just skip that response and read the next?
Surely no one is forced to read or respond to anyone and yet everyone has a personal point of view.

The problem is that they come into the science section and start ranting about the bible like it's their job. They ignore the news, they just talk about the world of christ. If the science section offends them, then they should not go in there. It goes both ways. If a thread has 30 pages, about 15 of them will be from a christian point of view. It has nothing to do with the topic itself, just that it goes against their views. If that's how they feel, then they should create their own topic in the religion section.

I guarantee you if I go to the science section right now, there might be a topic about I think it's Motorola invented a tattoo that works digitally as a speaker. If I go into that topic, it'll be full of "mark of the beast" and quotes from the bible. I don't know if this topic exists yet but if it did, that's how it would likely turn out. But there is at the very moment a topic about another tattoo invention in the religion section, so that's well placed.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To OP:

I have two views on your rant, concerning WHY christians saturate threads. I'll go with the more pleasing of the two first.

Sowing. Watering. Reaping. Some haven't been exposed. Some have, but aren't ready yet. And lastly, some are "almost there" to take the plunge & convert. It's also just as important to us, (moreso really, b/c it's eternal) as a doctor saves lives.

It is a commandment, ultimately, from our Lord. Problem is alot of us aint any good at it. Proof? Call 10 churches and ask them if they currently offer any discipleship/witnessing classes. I'll bet 10-1 you wont find any. (Which segues nicely to my second point)

Works/Guilty Conscience.

Let's be honest here, most enjoy being offended. That's right, I said it. You're "special" if you're mocked for your faith, regardless how you sound. "God told me to take a dump on the salad bar at Wendy's." - George Carlin

(Now watch my brothers/sisters in Christ question my holiness b/c I quoted George)

The POINT here though, is that I seriously doubt these ppl talk to others outside of the net. Words cost nothing. Look at how some of these ppl"witness". There's no love there, no understanding, no compassion. "I'm right, ur wrong. Sod off & burn!" So they come here & everywhere.

christian's ITG version.

IMHO these AREN'T christians. These are ppl trying to buy hell insurance, or have something to point to at judgment day.

Here's something else you won't hear from the "no drinking or smoking crowd" (I do smoke btw) Alot of times being a christian SUCKS. Not all. Not mostly, but alot.

I have a neighbor that bums smokes off me constantly. i HATE this. I aint rolling in dough, i aint no prosperity gospel preacher. But I've been there, and I do witness. It's an unwritten agreement. i mention biblical things from time to time, and she can bum without feeling guilty.

Is a person's soul worth a pack of smokes a week? I think so.

I'm in the minority here that believe what is going on in the world today is the CHURCH'S fault. Not yours or the devils.

The Bible says (sorry) Matt. 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

If we did our job more, loved more, showed compassion more, etc. You wouldn't be ranting. (or maybe not as much)

When we learn to talk TO ppl instead of AT ppl, and remember that these names and avatars ARE ppl & not just text on a message board, maybe we won't sound like such harpies.

Oh, and not to derail this thread OP, this is to the rest: STOP saying how science & Christianity doesn't "mix". It's complete garbage & horsecrap. Newton INVENTED Calculus to solve a problem a friend of his gave him about the planets, and he was one of the smartest men that ever lived. So knock it off already, it's getting old. TY.

Hope that helps, a lil.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Sorry to contradict your rant but Science and Religion do not mix because they contradict each other all the time. Science and Spiritualism can mix however because there are no present contradiction for it since spiritualism can mean anything but religion is already set in stone.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

If I go into that topic, it'll be full of "mark of the beast" and quotes from the bible.

So they said it you scanned by it and moved on? Where is the problem.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Can't a guy just go on a good rant?!
He doesn't like bible thumpers derailing a thread. I don't either.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join