It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stargate Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

The sci-fi to reality is usually brought about by fans of the various shows/books/movies ect ect. sci-fi sometimes is based on scientific theories; but then again somtimes its just brought about by pure wimsy for some shows/movies. Rather interesting that reality gets brought into being by fans of the genre though.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Lol! When X-files first aired I thought the opposite and now believe it to be a maschine that creates various conspiracy theories that are blatantly false but entertaining regardless. I thought that the theoroes wer so real on the show I scared myself with the first season episode `space`. Re-watching it years later I just guffaw at it now (beacuse of the effects that so scared me at the time) not because of the very possible scenario of that episode.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Ah; so people are being trained to think that disclosure will bring about mass hysteria and that people will gladly let the government keep such things under wraps for the `greater good`? That is a very possible scenario.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

That is just bizarre twisted and wrong on SO many levals and sympathise with that with all the Nibiru and Sitchenite nonsense. A sad sad day for historians when you have to insert psudo-history in with actual history

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i wonder if the word "natural" could be applied to things in an interdimensionality, if the laws of science would even work the same, if at all, in another dimension.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Laws of science in this dimention theoretically will not really work in others as far as I`m aware. So `naturally` would most likely be what is usual for that specific dimention. Very subjective theoretically just like what is `normal`?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

nergalbanda1
reply to post by Bassago

Ah; so people are being trained to think that disclosure will bring about mass hysteria and that people will gladly let the government keep such things under wraps for the `greater good`? That is a very possible scenario.

Not just disclosure. I think the concept that "the government knows best" is the core to this tactic. From there they can add anything into it and it works, NSA spying, secret deals, etc. All for the good of the little people whom government must keep sheltered.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

or the motivation could be that if we were made aware that such a thing really exists, the progressive and scientist would want to use it, immediately (if not sooner), not considering any possible ramifications or feeling the potential value would outweigh any drawbacks, even if the drawbacks consisted of some pretty horrible things. that's the issue at stake if such a scenario is true.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
addendum to above post:
there's also the possibility that it has been in use, to varying degrees, for a very long time, and it would then be obvious to all and sundry, that if they have that, they have all the other over the top high tech gadgetry people are accusing them of. or even worse, are using it to their betterment but to the detriment of the people at large, which would be the worst of all possible scenarios.
edit on 12-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by Bassago

the progressive and scientist would want to use it, immediately (if not sooner), not considering any possible ramifications or feeling the potential value would outweigh any drawbacks, even if the drawbacks consisted of some pretty horrible things.

Very possible and quite in line with the show itself. The hero's ran directly into the system lords, followed by the replicators, then the Ori and finally the Wraith.

I think that is spot on for the kind of trouble we could get into. That's also the same reason I said putting a road map of our solar system on Voyager was a bad (bad, bad, bad) idea, Good grief, it was even made out of gold if memory serves.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

That is a possibility but remember that these programs ARE put out by private companies and writen by private writers so it would have to be the opinions of those people that are being conveyed by such programs not necessarily the government per se. It does beg the question if the writers and company CEOs were conditioned to think that or are they conditioning others to think that? I agree with your statement just wondering where such an agenda would have originated the government; writers, or the producer`s company?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nergalbanda1

All it really takes is one person who is one of the producers saying, "I think it's important that this element is part of it." Where they get the idea/incentive to do that, who knows?

I don't necessarily think it's anything intentional by the way. If anything, I think that presentation could be like a constant reminder to people: Might this be happening? Might someone be keeping stuff like this from you?

By the way, the stargate episode where they were briefly in this place where the table of elements were used as the basics of a universal language, the only thing many species from many planets would share -- most brilliant idea ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

Your possibly right with that but just wondering which came first? The Producer/Writers with the idea or were they conditioned by the governemnt to think that way?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

RedCairo

All it really takes is one person who is one of the producers saying, "I think it's important that this element is part of it." Where they get the idea/incentive to do that, who knows?

I don't necessarily think it's anything intentional by the way. If anything, I think that presentation could be like a constant reminder to people: Might this be happening? Might someone be keeping stuff like this from you?

By the way, the stargate episode where they were briefly in this place where the table of elements were used as the basics of a universal language, the only thing many species from many planets would share -- most brilliant idea ever.

yeah that was an awesome episode. my favorite, conspiracy wise, has to be the one with the writer who writes his own stargate related tv show. it's really silly but it was a curiousity inside of an even bigger curosity

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Has to be one of my favorite episodes of the series as well. Also an example of why it was a good program as it didn`n take itself ultra-seriously at least in my opinion as well as the time machine episode (I forget the title of the episode at the moment though. Were it keeps repeating and resetting itself.)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

yeah that was an awesome episode. my favorite, conspiracy wise, has to be the one with the writer who writes his own stargate related tv show. it's really silly but it was a curiousity inside of an even bigger curosity

Wormhole X-Treme was a great episode. As soon as I saw it the first time it was like OK so:

They know that we know (about the Stargate)
-and-
We know they know that we know (about the Stargate)
-so-
They know that we know they know that we know (about the Stargate)

-which resulted in-

Now I'm really confused

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by undo

The feel of disinformation within the show has bugged me for a long time. FreedomSlave put in a link to your thread on this, holy cow it's huge and will take quite a while to read through. And I thought the time travel threads were big.

Actually, I've gotten a similar vibe from the show on a number of occasions. They very regularly seem to introduce the idea:

"Governments have to keep stuff secret for your own good. It's okay, they have your best interest in mind, and you should just trust them."

Though to be fair, they have had story lines which seem to question this notion... and some of the plot lines even show how sometimes government agencies can do wrong, or work against each other, etc.

It is similar to "vibes" I've gotten from other shows. For example, Law and Order. That one is really bad, sometimes, to the point where I've wondered if it's real purpose is blatant propaganda. If you've watched that show (in its various incarnations) as much as I have, you'll know exactly what I mean: The cops are almost always right. They usually get their man, and there often isn't a ton of ambiguity over who the guilty party is. It also shows, quite regularly, that not only are the cops always clearly the good guys, and the suspects (aka "bad guys" ) are always completely evil, or insane... but sometimes... just sometimes (wink, wink) it's okay for the cops to break the rules a bit to get the job done. Sometimes, just sometimes (wink wink) they have to ignore a suspects rights, or rough them up a bit, to get the info they need, or to get the bust, etc.

IMO the spinoffs are far worse with this stuff than the original. Especially SVU. I mean, who among us doesn't almost want to cheer for Stabler when he roughs up some sick pedo? What better way to desensitize the populace to police violence. To make cops look highly sympathetic, regardless of their actions, etc...

Anyway, it very much has the feel of pro-state propaganda sometimes. I've gotten this feeling from many shows. Some, of course, worse than others.

Stargate is a pretty awesome series, either way.
edit on 13-11-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

nergalbanda1
Your possibly right with that but just wondering which came first? The Producer/Writers with the idea or were they conditioned by the governemnt to think that way?

Well none of us grow up in a vacuum. Sometimes you don't have to condition or influence people specifically if 20++ years of cultural experience has already done it for you.

I think, reading ATS, which I would actually hope represents a somewhat more open minded perspective of population, that it indicates to a great degree people still deal poorly with change or novelty and are often horribly mean to each other. Many can't even have an internet conversation about a social issue without becoming terrifyingly rabid. Like I hope these people are not my neighbors. And this is figuring that ATS is probably better than the average population for open minds! This leads me to think that things which "fundamentally undermine the foundational belief systems" of my neighbors -- like other life (not only might it not be just like us, they probably don't even believe in the bible! Of all the nerve!) -- may well lead to a culture-wide freakout none of us want to witness.

I dislike that the gov't is clearly hiding a ridiculous amount of crap from us -- even about moon and mars and more, and about our own world and chimera science and more, never mind about interdimensional stuff for example, like the stargate show. But I am kind of hard-pressed to say that they're necessarily wrong in doing so. I mean, they ARE wrong at a larger level, but I suspect they have been trying to break it to us gently and gradually for a long time now. Probably at some point it's going to end up public without official help and then it will be a bad situation and they'll wish they'd been a little more proactive. Or that they'd already had more fema-martial-law BS already in place perhaps...

edit on 13-11-2013 by RedCairo because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

O I do agree with you there. The fact that everyone on this site (even those who are fundementalists) prove that they are more open minded then some for actually BEING here. Disclosure can`t really work all of a sudden otherwise it very well may be like a panic scenario similar to Orson Well`s radio broadcast and needs to be done in small doses so the majority of the poulation would be ok with it. I read I think a thread about how that broadcast was a possible experiment for disclosure that went kind of bad around this past holloween or so.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Disclosure can`t really work all of a sudden otherwise it very well may be like a panic scenario similar to Orson Well`s radio broadcast and needs to be done in small doses so the majority of the poulation would be ok with it. I read I think a thread about how that broadcast was a possible experiment for disclosure that went kind of bad around this past holloween or so.

That's a pretty good point. Throughout all of the talk of disclosure I completely forgot about what happened with the Orson Well's broadcast.

It's easy to forget that many on ATS and like minded people would take the real thing in stride while the rest of the world might have a breakdown.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join