It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stargate Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

wmd_2008

undo
reply to post by wmd_2008

we call it plausible deniability. which works most of the time, but not all of the time. and that's the wiggle room that let's all kinds of interesting things remain safely away from prying eyes and curious readers

No what's really sad is that on here people try to see a hidden message in everything, people have made many threads on here claiming that when we have a spate of sci-fi films released that the are trying to prepare us
just
and like I have said before when we have a spate of sword and sandals films is that to prepare us for an invasion of ancient Greeks or Romans seriously some on here look to hard for conspiracies.

frankly, i wasn't looking for stargate information at all, when i found it. i was trying to figure out the
"bottomless pit" (abyssos) reference in revelation 9 of the bible (which is a gate that leads somewhere not on earth that is unlocked by an "angel" that comes down from the sky and opens it with some kind of key), which lead me back to ancient sumer and a thing called the abzu, which lead me to abydos egypt, which lead me to stargate the tv show (google searched the word abydos and found out that abydos is the greek spelling, the egyptian is abdju. the dj is pronounced "z" so the word was pronounced "abzu". that is called a round trip

so abydos=abzu=abyss=bottomless pit. i was on a roll. there's alot more, but that'll do for now

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by wmd_2008

we call it plausible deniability. which works most of the time, but not all of the time. and that's the wiggle room that let's all kinds of interesting things remain safely away from prying eyes and curious readers

Which brings us full circle to the point of the thread. Not whether there is specifically a round Stargate that spins and creates wormholes but rather is the show itself actually another method of disinformation about disclosure.

Personally I think it is, along with X-Files, etc. The consistent theme of the mini-plot within these shows of keeping us from knowing the full story never seems to end. If it was an occasional mention then OK but as it stands this deniability is a mainstay.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
even though i disagree somewhat with the solution this video arrives at, i think it's describing the same thing. the key phrase to listen for is: "the heavens were opened" not the clouds, but the heavens. a firey hole forms and stuff starts flying out of it. check this out

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Anything which gets in the way of the average person finding their
power, voice and freedom is a conspiracy, whether planned or
simply fortuitous (to the conspirators).

Since nearly every human alive (this is my observation for what
it's worth) seeks to distract themselves from the apparently
unsolvable problems of their life (and impending death), that
would in fact make pretty much everyone willing co-conspirators.

Now do some "black hats" game the system even more? Throw big
bones that people use to fuel their own self-distracting system?
Obviously.

KPB

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by Bassago

Anything which gets in the way of the average person finding their
power, voice and freedom is a conspiracy, whether planned or
simply fortuitous (to the conspirators).

Since nearly every human alive (this is my observation for what
it's worth) seeks to distract themselves from the apparently
unsolvable problems of their life (and impending death), that
would in fact make pretty much everyone willing co-conspirators.

Now do some "black hats" game the system even more? Throw big
bones that people use to fuel their own self-distracting system?
Obviously.

KPB

you should go read the last few posts in your thread.
premature departure, methinks.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's not just Stargate, all sci-fi, holds within it's script, storyline, idea at least a modicom of truth.

How many times have you watched sci-fi,only to find there is concepts within it become sci-fact down the line.

One of the reasons I love watching sci-fi so much, is its creative quality, it begins with a no holds barred concept, embedded with what is scientifically replicable at the present time.

Sometimes, the biggest question is whether art or life inspired it into existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

In the video the observer keeps saying where the creatures go the wheels would go. I wonder if he had it backwards. Where the wheel would go the creature would go, as the creatures appear to be within the wheel. Sounds like a transportation device to me.

Additionally the "look of burning copper" would match a metallic vehicle after atmospheric reentry due to heat.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by undo

In the video the observer keeps saying where the creatures go the wheels would go. I wonder if he had it backwards. Where the wheel would go the creature would go, as the creatures appear to be within the wheel. Sounds like a transportation device to me.

Additionally the "look of burning copper" would match a metallic vehicle after atmospheric reentry due to heat.

oddly enough, i think this is what it is describing

consider, no one had supposedly seen jehovah, so how would ezekiel know that the dude on the throne thing looked like jehovah. ah yes, the secret of deciphering biblical texts, is always in the small details.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The consistent theme of the mini-plot within these shows of keeping us from knowing the full story never seems to end. If it was an occasional mention then OK but as it stands this deniability is a mainstay.

You are saying that we are being trained to believe, on an unconscious
level, that we can't possibly get to the bottom of conspiracies, even
when we 'apparently' get to the bottom of them? So that even if
someday we 'actually discover the truth' that we would be so trained
that we wouldn't believe in our own success?

Or am I reading that wrong?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by Bassago

The consistent theme of the mini-plot within these shows of keeping us from knowing the full story never seems to end. If it was an occasional mention then OK but as it stands this deniability is a mainstay.

i think he's/she's saying that plausible deniability = flaunting truths or bits of truth in your face, but setting it in fictional framework so you will never be able to convince others that it has any bearing on reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The disclosure theme in Stargate was, fictionally speaking, one way to maintain tension (in the viewing audience).
I don't think it was more in this series. Besides, it's totally believable (to me) that our government would hide technology from the masses. I accepted this premise and enjoyed the series. SG was campy, fun, and never took itself too seriously. To really delve into disclosure, the show would have needed a more serious tone (X FILES).
That's my take, anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by Bassago

No, my point is we are constantly being bombarded with the idea that it's OK for the government to hide important things from us. The specific topic of the secrecy is changeable to suit their needs at the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i think he's/she's saying that plausible deniability = flaunting truths or bits of truth in your face, but setting it in fictional framework so you will never be able to convince others that it has any bearing on reality.

That's just basic story-telling.

In this world if you want to convince people that something is true,
then make it fiction. If you want to convince someone in this world
that something is NOT true, then use a lot of logical facts.

Now I could write a book revealing everything I've learned over my
now finished 50 year search; but nobody would believe me unless
I added in ancient aliens and the lost continent of atlantics,
which I refuse to do.

KPB

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by undo

That's just basic story-telling.

In this world if you want to convince people that something is true,
then make it fiction. If you want to convince someone in this world
that something is NOT true, then use a lot of logical facts.

Now I could write a book revealing everything I've learned over my
now finished 50 year search; but nobody would believe me unless
I added in ancient aliens and the lost continent of atlantics,
which I refuse to do.

KPB

what happens if atlantis actually did exist? have you researched it really well?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Bassago
I do wonder about the consistent subtle message that we earth humans are not able to handle disclosure.

Nothing subtle about it, they down right tell us so.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Hmmm, I never thought of it that way. I have no trouble believing that a real--or fictional--government would hide technology from the masses. Indeed, many feel this way. In SG, the writers were tapping into that widespread belief to make their job easy. However, you've made me wonder...writers are like anyone else, and they certainly have opinions.
What better way to use subliminals than in TV script?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

what happens if atlantis actually did exist? have you researched it really well?

My observation is that Solon was lying to Plato. So that's as far as I looked into it.

KPB

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No, my point is we are constantly being bombarded with the idea that it's OK for the government to hide important things from us. The specific topic of the secrecy is changeable to suit their needs at the time.

Well what with NSA / Wikileaks and all the rest, I think that Psyop
is wearing awfully thin.

But back to my wrong reading of what you were saying.. I think that
in FACT, at least for heavy conspiracy buffs, there is a fatigue now,
where it's no longer believed that the actual truth can be found.

KPB

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by undo

My observation is that Solon was lying to Plato. So that's as far as I looked into it.

KPB

did you check out the terra papers? i'm really interested in your view of that, although you may want to create a thread or pm me about it

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Well what with NSA / Wikileaks and all the rest, I think that Psyop is wearing awfully thin.

But back to my wrong reading of what you were saying.. I think that in FACT, at least for heavy conspiracy buffs, there is a fatigue now, where it's no longer believed that the actual truth can be found.

You know what they say, even if you're caught red handed deny, deny, deny. It's their game plan and has worked so far.

As far as fatigue in the CT community I don't see it. Just a look at ATS seems to confirm that. The internet has continually breathed new and strong life into the disinformation deconstruction crowd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join