It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Houston, 2 dead and 22 wounded

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I did a search based on mass shooting Houston and only saw stories from last year so if this is some place please delete.

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
MASS SHOOTING! AT LEAST 18 PEOPLE SHOT LAST NIGHT AT A BIRTHDAY PARTY IN HOUSTON, TEXAS. SUSPECT(S) AT LARGE.

Being reported on CNN in this story: Mass Shooting in Houston , Nov 2013

Reading up on it now and will post more plus give my thoughts in a bit.

edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3009pam by opethPA because: fixing subject header

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

link

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were killed and nearly two dozen injured when gunfire rang out at a house party in the Cypress area of northwest Harris County late last night, according to officials.

Related Photos
Mass shooting in northwest Harris County
View all 5 photos
It happened on Enchanted Creek near FM 529 sometime between 11pm and midnight.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office says 18 people were shot. Two of those people -- a man and a woman, officials tell us -- are dead. One was killed at the scene and the other died after being transported to Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital.

In all, 22 people were injured. That leaves six people who were not confirmed as shot. They may have been hurt while trying to escape, authorities said.

Related Content
More: Free ABC13 iPhone, iPad and Android apps
More: Got a story idea? Let us know!
We're told two of the 22 victims are in critical condition, and the conditions of the others vary. A total of four people were taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital and three people treated at Ben Taub. Eight to nine people were taken to Methodist West Hospital.

At this point, we don't know what led up to the shooting, but we do know there is an active search underway for two suspects.

According to HCSO, between 60 and 70 people were inside the home when the shooting happened. As the gunfire erupted, they fled the home in a panicked rush to escape.

We talked to a young man who was at the party, who asked we not show his face. He describes a frantic, chaotic scene as a man walked through the home, firing as many as 10 shots, and people scrambling to get away.

"I'm by, like, the garage and the door with the other people. And I'm telling and pushing everybody like, 'Move to the garage,'" the witness told us. "Because I looked, and I could see him coming toward the door."

That witness said the shooting went on for three to five minutes. When it ended, he saw some of the victims.

"I saw one guy. He was lying on the floor with blood leaking out of his mouth and off his body and stuff," the witness said. "And I saw another girl on the floor, and she looked like she was in shock, but she was also bleeding."

Deputies are asking anyone with information about what happened and who might be responsible to call HCSO or Crime Stoppers.

We are working to gather additional details. Reporter Simon Gutierrez is at the scene and will have live updates throughout the morning on Eyewitness News. We will also post any new information on abc13.com and on our mobile news app.

edit on 10-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the follow up XionZap.

I wonder how many of those 22 injuries were caused in the chaos of people freaking out vs the shooting.
In the end it doesn't matter because if the shooter didn't choose his course of action then nothing would have happened.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ugg... I wish the projects folks would stop....Instead of going after the real culprits they try and take our guns away. We need Ghetto control not gun control.
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I saw this related thread started in the wee hours this morning:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I love the headline: "Mass" Shooting. The media terms fly…

Hoards of Gunmen with Assault guns poured fire into massive numbers of people causing massive casualties.

Massive Police response shut down massive parts of Texas in a massively intrusive search of massive numbers of peoples homes without massive numbers of warrants.

Unending coverage of this mass event will continue for massive amounts of time.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The reactions to shootings being reported on this forum are amazingly funny. "Grrrr how dare they report this! Darn liberals gun-grabbers!"

Or it is a news story, equally as reportable as any crap that gets posted.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This kind of stuff happening at parties has happened quite a few times in the past. Shooting so many people does seem a little strange though. Usually a certain group is targeted at the party.

That was a pretty big house party, I wonder how big the house was? They could have been packed in there like sardines, shoot one person and it goes through and wounds five more.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is a pretty upscale area. I used to drive through it on my way to a customer. Generally homes in that area start around $150K to $200K and probably average 1800 to 2500 sq ft with even larger in the neighborhood. It is one of the newer areas as that part of Houston moves west.

I watched two local channels this morning and they are saying now that there were approx 100 people at the party. The local Fox channel (26) www.myfoxhouston.com had a reporter on the scene from the time they came on around 4 or 5AM until they went off at 8AM.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why must we continue to report these shootings?

What is the point? There are shootings everyday, in most major cities like Chicago, LA and NYC. Do we need to find every shooting and report them on ATS? Is this necessary?

Back in the 90's, when "assault" rifles were banned, there were tons of shootings too. The crimes always involved numerous people and many different types of weapons. Does that mean things have changed since then? No. But it does mean a gov't ban doesn't solve crime. It also means someone is pushing hard to put all these stories out in the open and create more fear or panic. Or to get their agenda across.

Do we need to know everytime someone gets killed?
Or is it just that we need to know everytime a gun is used?

How about we learn how to better protect ourselves and our families.
Let's report about that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Everything's bigger in Texas?

Anyways, so much for being able to have house parties or BLOCK parties in America, anymore

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

havok
Why must we continue to report these shootings?

What is the point? There are shootings everyday, in most major cities like Chicago, LA and NYC. Do we need to find every shooting and report them on ATS? Is this necessary?

This is a site to learn the news.
While shootings are common events large scale events like this are not common, or at least up until recently were not common.

It's like a TV channel with a horror film and you hate horror so it's on you to not watch and not for the network to take the show off. If you dont like what a post is about then don't read that thread but I and I hope everyone else will continue to report current events.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think I read that the sheriffs showed up at the party to arrest two people there who were wanted on a long list of warrants and that is what started the shooting....the question is how many people were shot by the sheriffs... hehe

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

FirePiston
Ugg... I wish the projects folks would stop....Instead of going after the real culprits they try and take our guns away. We need Ghetto control not gun control.
Firepiston

Ghetto Control?

How? Like they did here.....

www.myjewishlearning.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Opeth, it wasn't my intention to aim my vent at you.

This is a conspiracy site, not a news site. In my opinion, the more we focus on these incidents, the more people get fearful and then we are spreading fear and not knowledge. I just have to spout off once in a while because it seems that you have personally posted more than a few of these types of news stories. Where the conspiracy lies with how you bring them here I'm not sure.

But seeing the agenda I see behind reporting all these horrific stories...
Now there is a conspiracy!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

ATS is an alternative news site. Not just a conapiracy site. There are other 3 letter forums that offer just the dumbed down conspiracy/anti-left issues you may care about. Check them out.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

havok
This is a conspiracy site, not a news site.

Based on your opinion.
The tag line was "deny ignorance" not " conspiracy site"

Denying ignorance means providing/learning facts about something you have no knowledge of.
Sure some of that is conspiracy related but to claim ATS is a conspiracy site sort of seems short sighted to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My guess is that a not so stable neighbor got fed up with the noise and went ballistic.

My neighbors across the street hold parties and people park in my driveway and yard. I have to make them move their cars so I can get into my garage. The neighbors always act angry and put out when I tell them to move their vehicles out of my yard.

They then will bring speakers out into the driveway and face them towards my house. They turn up the sub bass and all I hear into the wee hours of the morning is thump thump thump.

One morning after I didn't park in the garage I went out and all of my windows on my truck were broken and the paint had been keyed all over.

The cops refuse to do anything.

I could easily freak out and do some serious rampaging when they pull these stunts.

A hundred people at a house party in a crowded subdivision is always going to piss somebody off.

Just my two cents.

edit on 10-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

opethPA

havok
This is a conspiracy site, not a news site.

Based on your opinion.
The tag line was "deny ignorance" not " conspiracy site"

Denying ignorance means providing/learning facts about something you have no knowledge of.
Sure some of that is conspiracy related but to claim ATS is a conspiracy site sort of seems short sighted to me.

denying ignorance by using zomg! IN ALL CAPS twitter posts?
?

facts about things we don't have any knowledge about?
what things are those? drive bys?

[Buddha facepalm]

give it a rest, officer ope [in PA],

We do not absolutely need the police, or the gov., especially the increasing numbers of state sanctioned, juiced up on 'roids, sexual predators trained at Gitmo, now wearing the bad-ge making the news on a near daily basis, and which for lack of any recently rescued kittehs from trees stories to distract us from, we're now being bombarded with "ZOMG!!! SHOOTOUTS RUN 4 IT! stories in the style of Amber and Red Alerts from the gov.

PUH-LEASE stop selling, no one with a brain [or Self-Respect more importantly ] is buying.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Metaphysique

denying ignorance by using zomg! IN ALL CAPS twitter posts?

Officer Ope in PA..that's cute..
Did you come up with that when you were at your "how to type like a 15 year old girl "class ?

You can cry all you want about what I post and like i said to the other poster..if you don't like it, don't read the thread. I call situations how I see them..if a cop is wrong, Ill say it..if the criminal is wrong, Ill say it.
People come here to get news and since this specific shooting was mentioned on various news sites I thought it was worth posting.

Zomg, ermagrhd yhou must be a LEO ?!!??! (░¿¿ lul wat

top topics

<<   2 >>

join