It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 13-billion-dollar, next gen U.S. carrier christened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Ford was in the Navy.

"38th President of the United States Gerald R. Ford, whose World War II naval service included combat duty aboard the light aircraft carrier Monterey "
en.wikipedia.org...(CVN-78)

X

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im so stoked about this boat....I have been hearing about its launching system for a real long time...at least it seems like its been a long time...
I mean come on, its gonna be the biggest rail gun ever (if you consider the planes to be the projectile!)

en.wikipedia.org...

Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System

X

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by iLemming

And there is a lot in the black world that people would say is impossible. The reality is that in the 1960s, they detonated a high altitude nuclear weapon, that blew out 400 street lights and a phone junction in Hawaii, over 600 miles away, and yet the planes and ships directly underneath the EMP blast didn't even notice it. None of the planes crashed, none of the ships had to be towed in.

In 1960 none of the planes and ships had CMOS microelectronics.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
On-topic sorta off-topic:
I remember about three years ago i was with my brother, ex military, and he was telling me about the testing the Navy was doing with rail guns - pertaining to the recent 2014 next gen "battleship" (loose term) they released to the public about a year ago. I didnt buy it, but didnt doubt the capabilities we have. There was, in fact, a lot of testing being done. one such test was hitting an engine block of a truck two miles off the coast with said rail gun. Apparently it succeeded in the trials. Interesting to see if this is the same tech we'll see oporational here pretty soon.

Secondly:
Investing in wars (to the goverment) IS fixing the economy. Though this day in age the intentions seem vague...or jaded...there's still something afoot. I'd rather put my cards in the "the USA is playing a gnarly game of ropadope" rather than "we're a bunch of a**holes." well...could be both.

In either case. I'd rather us have the tech, than not. Most people see it as unnessassary funding and all but...am i the only one here that thinks money is a MYTH? We like to think its tangible. But really? is it that real? (I mean this in the perspective of the big banks and the goverment entity itself...we see it differently has hard working americans...but the bigger picture...whats its true worth?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join