It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Mary, Grilled Cheese, and Ebay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You guys should get a kick out of this. Ive heard of the Virgin Mary appearing on windows, in mud holes, and other various places, but this just takes the cake. Apparently, 10 years ago this women made a grilled cheese sandwich and discovered what she described as the virgin Mary. To top it all off, she is trying to sell it on E-bay and caused a scandle in doing so.

You cant make his stuff up kids

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hilarious. And congratulations to an equally hilarious thread title.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Thanks Duerden
Getting a little wore out in political Ideology so I needed to post something a little lighter
Did you see in the article where the women swore that in 10 years the sandwich never sprouted one spore of mold?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
How does she know it looks like the "Virgin Mary". Looks more like a middle aged Bette Davis to me.

If those wacko's have $22000 bucks to spend on grilled cheese, they just don't know what to spend their spare change on.

I wonder if they're going to get it framed?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Did you see in the article where the women swore that in 10 years the sandwich never sprouted one spore of mold?

Yeah, it actually got me thinking of that simpsons episode where homer was carrying around and eating a huge sandwich he'd won years ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The lady thats selling the sandwich kept it in a clear plastic baox on her nightstand
I could see some fanatice buying it and smashing it in a picture frame. 10 year old cheese all bulging out the sides
I would have to agree with the Betty Davise assumption, though I thought it looked a bit like Marylin Monroe

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
How does she know it looks like the "Virgin Mary". Looks more like a middle aged Bette Davis to me.

I was thinking Greta Garbo.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Looking at it logically, if you spent $22 000 bucks on cheese and bread, then started grilling slices one by one, what would the chances be that you ended up with a grilled cheese image of jesus?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Looking at it logically, if you spent $22 000 bucks on cheese and bread, then started grilling slices one by one, what would the chances be that you ended up with a grilled cheese image of jesus?

Im not sure. Lets get a collection together and find out! Ive got $1.39 on it
Any takers?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Im not sure. Lets get a collection together and find out! Ive got $1.39 on it
Any takers?

C'mon people! We only need $19,999.61! Lets reach our goal and try to fry a face

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it's time to get out a lighter to use as a toaster and make some "art" for E-Bay, hehe...

I'd have to go with "Greta Garbo" on it as well...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have a George Forman grill that makes awsome grilled cheeses. If we can get the donations together, Ill grill 'em till I find a face
When I find one , it will probably look something like this.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Can I overcharge for swiss because it's holey? It'd probably be a gouda idea for me to stay away from this topic. Without a shred of evidence, some lady is trying to milk it for all that it's worth. If she would've just stuck to what she knew, the world would've been a feta place.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This has spawned a few other GRILLED CHEESE hoaxes on EBAY today. So a search for grilled cheese on ebay and it should bring them all up if they haven't all been removed by the EBAY nazi's. One being Elvis in a grilled cheese....and a Do-It-Yourself Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese kit for $1.99...that includes 2 slices of bread and some cheese.....WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

I am not a cheese expert, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Can I overcharge for swiss because it's holey? It'd probably be a gouda idea for me to stay away from this topic. Without a shred of evidence, some lady is trying to milk it for all that it's worth. If she would've just stuck to what she knew, the world would've been a feta place.

Booooo! saint4god, you've won the first (un)official ATS Bad Pun Award.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Really really dumb. Have to give someone an "A" for marketing though as this made the mainstream media.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Booooo! saint4god, you've won the first (un)official ATS Bad Pun Award.

*smiles while wiping a tear from his eyes* Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank all the posters on the thread who nominated me for this award as well as bigfoot, nessie, the greys from Achile's Restaraunt and that guy in the back with the third eye. I love you all!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
*smiles while wiping a tear from his eyes* Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank all the posters on the thread who nominated me for this award as well as bigfoot, nessie, the greys from Achile's Restaraunt and that guy in the back with the third eye. I love you all!

You've just been nominated for the gushing sarcasm award!,CONGRATS

You kick arse! 2 awards in one thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm telling you ITS MARLENE DIETRICH!
Thats how we got confused. The thought that the grill was set to Mary but it was on Marlene. I think that this if anything should increase the value threefold.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wh is MARLENE DIETRICH? Never heard of her.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join