It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the police in my town. Oh dear...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
First thing's first: I do not intend for this to be a police bashing thread. Please take your hatred for the police somewhere else. These officers are obviously bad officers, that doesn't make them all bad.

www.newson6.com...

In this video, you'll see that this man was not resisting, he had his hands up and did what he was ordered to do. Two officers had him on the ground and were cuffing him. When a third appears and immediately sprints to him and kicks him in the face.

From what this video shows us, this was a totally unnecessary action, though I can scarcely think of a situation where a boot to the head would actually be necessary. The three officers in the video have been suspended and may be charged with assault and perjury as the report does not reflect what is on tape.

This instance shows just how much we need dashcam videos to be public record, as video doesn't lie.

I have noticed that in the last few years the local police have become a bit tyrannical. We used to have respectable police here. Now we have these jokers. It's a good ol' boys club that is more of a gang than a group of public servants. They lack professionalism in the worst way. I will admit that a few of them are actually helpful public servants, but it seems that most of have become bullies. The actions of the officers in this video are unjustifiable.

Once again, this thread is for the discussion of this video, not to bash all police officers.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

From one of your source's Top Commenters.

The problem is the ones that don't act in this manner refuse to stand against officers that do. While they may not carry on like criminals, they also won't do anything to stop fellow officers do carry on like criminals assaulting people & FALSIFYING OFFICIAL POLICE REPORTS. Citizens get arrested for making false police reports. Often at most police offices get a slap on the wrist (if we are lucky) for LYING ON POLICE REPORTS. Its actions & behaviors like this, the reason there is a disconnect & distrust of police growing among the public.

The more these instances are brought to the attention of the public, the higher the probability of a positive change taking place. Either that, or the public will just become numb and let it continue.
edit on 10112013 by Snarl because: Missing apostrophe

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I certainly hope that the former and not the latter is what will take place.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I can agree wholeheartedly with your wish to avoid judging all police officers by the standards of these three, but I can't help wondering if the tone of your post would not be somewhat more emphatic had you been the guy on the ground.

It is simply not a case of "some cops are good, some are bad," what we see here is a society where state brutality is allowed to flourish.
These three individuals have not been raised and nurtured by a caring decent society, or they would not act this way, even with a wrongdoer. Though responsible for their actions, they are not responsible for their shortcomings.
This situation is a result of a poor educational system at one end, and a corrupt leadership at the other.

Who was responsible for the behaviour of these three thugs ?
They failed in their duty.
Who was supposed to train them ?
They didn't.
Who is responsible for seeing justice done here ?
Don't make me laugh.

I doubt whether any of the three have the intelligence or the training to carry out their responsibilities, those above them will inevitably be aware of this, and only a system rotten to the very core would allow them to patrol the streets.

The only incongruity here, perhaps evident in the opening post (?), is the myth that the police are there to protect the people - and that is rapidly evaporating.

The rest of the word is becoming familiar with armed American goons.
They are the new face of America.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
What the f**k? Seriously? He ran full speed and kicked the guy in the face for no reason whatsoever? That guy deserves to go to jail for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

dave_welch
reply to post by Snarl

I certainly hope that the former and not the latter is what will take place.

Sorry, Dave. I kept trying to get to the reply button but there was a hot little blonde at the beach in a red bikini. Talk about distractive advertising!

Anyway, maybe somebody will make a suggestion along these lines: The cop that did the kicking is OUT. The ones who didn't arrest him on the spot for assault and battery are indefinitely suspended, until they are properly trained (at their own expense) and understand that a second 'mistake' will cost them in terms of jail time in the general population of a federal prison (while wearing their uniform).

If no penalty is developed ... if no accountability is expected ... this BS isn't going to go away. As another poster asked, "How would you feel if you were the victim here?" That puts real perspective on the issue.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
No accountability:

Between 2002 and 2004, civilians filed 10,149 complaints of excessive force, illegal searches, racial abuse, sexual abuse, and false arrests.

Only 19 of the 10,149 complaints led to a suspension of a week or more.

Only 1 of 3,837 charged illegal searches led to meaningful discipline.

Not a single charge of false arrest (planting drugs, guns, etc.) over this three-year period led to an incident of meaningful discipline.

In more than 85% of the CPD police abuse investigations analyzed, the accused officer was never even interviewed.

link

edit on amSundayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
so policemen/women are human they lie/cheat/steal just like the rest of us plebs

they would never create a problem just to solve it / drugs

they should protect and serve not harass /shoot your pets etc but when they are getting selected they do pick out the nutters above the rest -- go figure

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I thought all dash cam footage was made available to the criminals/victims?

All this time the police only release it when it suits them?!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The police have no one to be accountable to if they lie about their actions and get away with it. Even if they are caught abusing their power they can normally expect little in the way of consequences. So, what stops them from abusing their position as an LEO?

Ultimately, it is the moral character of the individual cop. If a cop doesn't believe in some form of spiritual retribution like God's punishment, karma, bad juju, Jesus, the devil or whatever, then that cop can do just about anything without guilt or remorse. Remove God and you make way for the devil basically.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Snarl
Anyway, maybe somebody will make a suggestion along these lines: The cop that did the kicking is OUT. The ones who didn't arrest him on the spot for assault and battery are indefinitely suspended, until they are properly trained (at their own expense) and understand that a second 'mistake' will cost them in terms of jail time in the general population of a federal prison (while wearing their uniform).

If no penalty is developed ... if no accountability is expected ... this BS isn't going to go away.

This BS is not going to go away.

These people are, as a group, totally bent. As others have pointed out, even those not directly victimizing people are looking the other way when their fellow officers are committing crimes. And this mentality goes all the way to top police management.

Something big is on the horizon nationally and cops are being pushed toward militarization, brutality and acting out. They will be part of the containment crew when the curtain comes crashing down on this play.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

All cops ARE bad mate, unfortunately.

if these "good" cops existed, then policing of ones ranks would have assured the thousands of cases of abuse never happened.

the "blue line" and anyone who believes in it should be a hangable offense!

All people with a brain know the system is beyond corrupt. And yet these specimens choose to wear a badge and literally prey upon the people for personal financial GAIN!
checkpoints, free speech zones, stop-and-frisk, swat raids against farmers, etc.. each one of these things are BEYOND DETESTABLE and PROVE a COMPLETE LACK OF HONOR and INTEGRITY.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

the kicker cop would have been immediately arrested by the others if there truly was any HONOR amongst those "good" cops you refer to.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I've seen it far too often. Many cops are deeply disturbed individuals who want to harm others.
Bullies, psychopaths, and sadists become cops so they dominate and abuse people.

Their agencies need to absolutely hold them to a very high standard of conduct and prosecute those who
harass and assault innocent people.

Years ago, there was a cop in my neighborhood who imo was a great cop. He was arresting someone for assault, and the 'perp' spat on the cop. Later, the cop said "That kind of stuff comes with the job sometimes." He remained calm and professional. Most cops would have beat the crap out of the guy.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

It seems that the good cops like the one you mention are being pushed out; replaced by the new breed of cop.

I have a suspicion that there's a deliberate plan—at the federal level—to militarize and radicalize local police forces. What we need is for someone to find a "smoking gun." There's no doubt in my mind that we're being conditioned to accept this brutalization by authority without question. And that implies a "secret plan."

It's getting harder every day to dream that we can take this country back. And I believe this is all part of a larger plan to kill the dream entirely....

edit on 11/10/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

their actions ARE the smoking gun. Quite literally an many cases.

How about I agree to lock up the rapists/thieves/murderers (something every sane community did BEFORE police) as long as I can brutalize and bully everyone the other 99% of the time?

sound like a fair deal? lol

communities need police only when they haven't there own means of defense.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

You mean like in this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Maybe it is, I was just under the impression that it is not released except by court order. I may be wrong, I hope I am.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

You know that the bad cops probably out number the good ones, by this point. But, there are still good cops. Please don't make generalizations. If all cops were bad, every town and city would have police brutality issues.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I try to be logical and not search for a "hidden motive" all the time, but I think in this case that there may be one.

However, I also think that the reason police are so different now is because the old school cops who actually were public servants are either retired or dead in most cases. Once the older set moves over, the newer set moves in. Unfortunately, the newer cops tend to be guys that were too fat for the military but still have a superiority complex.

I have noticed, at least in my experience, that older cops are more professional in their actions. It seems that there is a plague of "the younger the cop, the more terrible the attitude towards civilians."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join