It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Forum proposal. :)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Being a history buff, I have over the years not created threads I'd like to do because they don't fall into Ancient Civilisations. There is a plethora of fascinating human historical moments, from THE Renaissance to Byzantium, to World Wars ETC, that I personally would love to discuss with members here.

Gaging if anyone would like this? And if so can Bill have think about creating it if its not too much of a headache after the big site revamp.

Cheers Zazz

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I think it would be interesting. I'm not a huge history buff, outside military history, but there are a few periods I'd like to learn more about.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I second this idea. If there were a thumbs up icon still available I would have used it.

Great suggestion Zazz

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I remember seeing quite a few previous requests, which haven't got anywhere.
We'll just have to make do with "Ancient Civilisations" for the time being.
We may as well stretch the definition- I'm sure many of the younger members already think of anything before 2000 as "ancient history".

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

SLAYER69
I second this idea. If there were a thumbs up icon still available I would have used it.

Great suggestion Zazz

Too funny Can we add a thumbs up request at the same time! I have needed it at times too

edit on 9-11-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I also miss the little thumbs up lol. Also a history forum would be interesting to me as well.

At times I miss the little laughing face. But people abused it, and always used it to laugh at people

edit on Sat, 09 Nov 2013 17:24:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
History forum is a good idea. How can we otherwise keep from repeating it?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Would also be useful for comparing propaganda lol. See how different England's taught view of the American Revolutionary war as opposed to the US taught view for example.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yah, them damn rebels! No, those damn tyrants!

Then whomever wins gets to write history.

Back up, I'd love to bring stuff about WWII. Its our best filmed example of how history works, over and over.

Huuge can of worms there, comparatively speaking.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I would be all for it. I'm a history buff too and would most likely enjoy a history forum here over anything else.

It is kind of strange that there is not a history forum here but there is a huge political and religious section. History is so rich in both politics and religion mysticism etc... i'm sure it would be a popular forum.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There is no ignorance on ATS as deep as the ignorance of history.

As an historian, I would welcome such a forum. As an ATS member, I'd say chances are pretty slim... a lot of conspiracies kind of wash away when subjected to historical validation. I could fill a book with the historical blunders made in the religious forums alone.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Would very much like that for instance exactly where would one put a thread on the Chicago Garment Worker's Fire of 1911 and draw parallels to the Bangladeshi Garment Fire and Factory collapse earlier this year.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I love history, but I agree with adjensen. Cconspiracy theories and the study of history are natural enemies.

Still. History forum, yes please.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

A history forum on ATS would serve the study of history well.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Iv been asking this too!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by intrptr

Would also be useful for comparing propaganda lol. See how different England's taught view of the American Revolutionary war as opposed to the US taught view for example.

This is my little area 1750-1900 and i can tell you what your taught in the usa is shocking in fact history in the usa is shocking full stop!.

edit on 10-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yes. Want that. Thumbs up icon too. Have to use this : up : because when I close the spaces it turns into this:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes there is already a thread on this very page by crazyewok asking the same question.

I'm in. I think a history forum fills a gap on here.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I support that suggestion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join