It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time of the Nephilim (Nov2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The pyramid is almost complete. Looking up at the blazing sun, I pull the desert wrap higher up onto my head. I will never get used to this heat. I enjoy the tropical climate in other regions of this planet, but here, where RA has chosen to settle is almost unbearable.

“Nator!” Turning, I see no other than RA himself approaching. Robes flaring around him, he seems to enjoy the spectacle he makes with his slaves tripping over themselves in their efforts to please him. Slaves. How did we ever reach this level of deplorable behavior? Our elders desperately fought thousands of years ago to bring us to a state of peace.

I am one of only a few Nephilim left that were there to remember the old ways, when our own planet was slowly destroyed. We swore to never do it again, yet here we are on this world, threatening to repeat our shameful history. RA is only three thousand years old, born on Nibiru during our travels, before we found earth. He is our youngest leader ever, heralded in as a new era of space-faring Nephilim.

Seeing the anger on his handsome face as he squares off with me, I realize now that his ploy to mine this planet has changed him. When we first arrived here, it had seemed to be our destiny fulfilled. This was the first world to hold sentient life, and that they were so similar to us, compelled the elders at the time to call this home.

Even though the people of earth lacked intelligence and were tens of thousands of years behind us in their knowledge, some of them were beautiful. They intrigued us and were almost regarded as pets. We tower over them on average of two to three feet, but other than our size and strength, our features are nearly the same.

We watched silently as this race multiplied at an alarming rate, seeming to boil over with not only greed but also hate. As their numbers grew, so did the violence. They used any advancement in technology to come up with new ways to destroy each other and pillage. It wasn’t long before we had had enough. By the time RA ordered the machines built, most of the Nephilim had already returned to Nibiru, still orbiting high above. We would take what resources we needed from this planet and be done with it.

The only problem was that it also meant destroying the ecosystem. While I agree that this race is barbaric, I do not think we have the right to terminate them. But RA sees them as nothing more than ants in a hill, sitting on top of his gold. This mineral has the properties to power our ship for millennium and he will stop at nothing to get to it.

This is why he stands before me now, the anger rolling off him causing the Egyptian servants to quiver in fear. The only way to build the pyramid was to use the natives already settled here. Our numbers are not large, and even if most of us hadn’t already returned to the ship, manual labor was viewed as a very demeaning position to find yourself in. There would be few volunteers, and while I fear our society is backsliding, we are not to the point yet where RA could order any of us to perform such a task.

The challenge then, became to find a way to make the natives want to do it for us. I will admit that the plan was ingenious, although sacrilegious. It caused much debate amongst us elders, but in the end no one was willing to challenge our leader and to be honest, we all wanted to leave too.

So RA ordered Nibiru to a low altitude and made a grand entrance onto the streets of Egypt, successfully convincing them that he was a god. Their King, Khufu, eagerly agreed to the construction of the grand temple, unaware of its true purpose.

As the project proceeded however, it became clear that more help was needed in order to complete it on RA’s timeline. That was when he turned his eye on the Israelites. This was also when I started meeting with some of the other Elders. It had gone too far.

“Why do I hear word of meetings held without my presence?” He demands of me now, eyes blazing. The slaves try to bow lower at his words, even though their faces are already on the ground. I cringe, but not from fear of RA.

“RA, I have done nothing that is outside my rights as an elder. Some of us have…concerns. This is not news to you. I have shared them with you on several occasions. Yet you seem to forget that while these people believe your royalty in the heavens, I am aware of your true heritage. You act on your own accord without the sanction of the Elders, and I fear that the power of this charade has you convinced you of your own rite as a god. I have learned that you are now creating a virus to infect these people in order to bring about compliance. Have you not learned from our past? Do you not fear the wrath of our True God?”

With a motion of his hand, the servants at his feet scatter, running for their lives. Alone now, he steps close to me, nostrils flaring and upper lip pulled back in a snarl. “We have succeeded where your god failed, Nator! Our fathers took his flawed work and created perfection. Our DNA is that which all should come from, and the stupid creatures of this planet are an example of a lesser god. I will take what I want and leave this place to rot as it should. If you would like to stay and rot with them, then that is your choice!”

Although I have no fear of violence against me, what I see in his eyes causes the cold fingers of terror to claw at my stomach. He is mad. There has been talk of a new religion emerging amongst the Nephilim and I realize now that I made the fatal mistake of not believing it to be a threat. RA has many supporters, including most of the Elders and a rising tide of despair threatens to crash over me.

“You may keep what provisions you need to complete your biodome,” he is saying, taking a step back. Even he recognizes that his behavior was close to crossing a line yet to be challenged. No Nephilim has raised a hand in violence against another for over five thousand years. To do so would be an even greater taboo than manipulating DNA.

Focusing back on him, I force myself to listen to his words. “Whoever wants to stay with you may go without fear of hindrance. You have less than twenty years to complete it Nator.”

He turns and walks away without waiting for a reply. Clapping his hands, the servants scurry back to him, sweeping the path before him. Shaking my head, I look back to the rising monolith in the distance. I have a lot to do. My original profession had been as a scientist, not a politician. Not only do I have a biodome to finish, but also an anti-virus. The future of this world depends on it.

[Note: this is a short story, (side story) based on characters and storyline I have created in a trilogy I am currently writing. This alien aspect fit the scope of this writing contest, and I couldn't resist exploring it.
All rights reserved]

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Are you going to include the Nephilim's vast interstellar empire and war with other alien species?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Actually, in my books, they are not the main characters...only an element. That's why I had fun exploring it more. It's giving me some more ideas.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hmmmm you should also consider a sequel in the future when humanity became a spacefaring civilization suddenly they ran across a genocidal alien empire that wanted revenge for what the nephilim did to them. Like in other words the aliens thought we are the Nephilim since we look alike.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Wow - that's really good WC! I very rarely read stories on ATS (well... I do read fiction on ATS, even though it's not meant to be fiction
), but for some reason I read this and it's really good! Perhaps I may spend more time reading stories now!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

You never know what you may find here on ATS. I was a member for quite awhile before I even discovered the writing forum. It's a lot of fun!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And then what happened? (More!!! More!!!)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Sorry! We aren't allowed to write part II's.

Glad you liked it though!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Good job!

I have always been intrigued by the nephilim.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Drat! I want more!

This was a most awesome short! I loved it. It almost seems like non fiction somehow!

Hey when you finish your first book please let me know!

Thanks.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Thank you! In my books, I have worked hard to weave my different storylines into enough reality/history that it (hopefully) seems plausible. If you click on my tagline, that link will take you to my first book. I just finished the second and it should be up in ebook format by the end of the week. I will include a link for that on the other website. I gave a little away with this short, but not too much.
[I should add that I got permission by admin for that tagline]

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Brilliant.

Thank you lol, I finally found out what a Nephilm is haha.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

ahhhh...the Nephilim. So many theories....so many options.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

grayeagle

Good job!

I have always been intrigued by the nephilim.

When I read about them in Genesis, and then did some research, I was very intrigued too. Are you familiar with the Epic Of Gilgamesh? I think when you find so many similarities in seperate, ancient texts that it's more than a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You leave us wanting more, which is as it should be. Nicely crafted tale and developed characters.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you! Like I said in the Op, the characters are from a trilogy I am writing, so perhaps that is why the reader can feel that I as a writer already know them.
This exercise has actually been a good thing for me...making me consider another story altogether featuring just them and their origins before reaching earth.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've got to say, that I am really enjoying reading all of the entries. It's been awhile since I entered anything in one of the contests, but there seems to be a big response this time! It's great to see so many people writing!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just a few hours left in the contest! I think that if we judge it's success based on entries, this was a good idea!!

I am going to try and read some of the many stories I haven't gotten to. Good luck to all!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2013 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

top topics

join