It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hiding?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
Humans are close to destroying themselves as it is.. that's
what reputable scientists think.. (the link).

We are such a powder keg, that anything 'crazy' might set us off
to start a final war..

Such as perhaps.. aliens in ships.. who many would view as
demons or something..
KPB

I get it now, I thought you meant it would be criminal for any given 'individual' alien (in the sense of illegal immigration or something)..
I do agree with you (and the "reputable scientists") that the world is teetering, and it wouldn't take much to tip us over the edge…

But, maybe any aliens 'out there' realize this and are making plans accordingly?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HiddenSecrets

I say the same thing every time I see a topic like this. They hide it because they don't want to lose control of the planet and its population.

Our own history shows time and again that whenever a primitive population comes into contact with a more advanced one the primitive one usually adopts the lifestyle of the more advanced voluntarily or not.

In this case we're the primitive civilization and the ETs are the advanced ones.

Our rich and powerful don't want to lose their wealth or their power for any reason and they will fight tooth and nail to keep it. Contact with more advanced beings certainly holds a great possibility of this happening. This is why the secret is kept and it will remain that way until they can't hide it any longer.

This is not to say I trust ETs. Who would with the secretive actions they take? I just think this is the reason our own people hide the truth.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

HiddenSecrets
If you're an astronomer or a scientist at NASA and you see an alien/ufo will you expose it in public or just hide it?

As an astronomy undergrad I can say that if I ever were to work at NASA, JPL or STSci and saw anything whose best explanation was that of an alien intelligence, I would certainly document it, write a paper about it, hopefully with colleagues and publish it in a peer-reviewed journal hoping to collect my future nobel prize.

I also imagine NASA would be pleased as they'd watch their budget increase immensely to study alien related things.

As for UFOs? UFO just means its an unidentified flying object. As someone who spends a lot of time intimately involved with the sky, I've seen things which I could not initially identify only for them to be something completely prosaic upon closer inspection. I have only had one sighting of something which falls outside of that but it was distant, dim and could possibly have a prosaic explanation if I had more data about it.

That doesn't mean all UFOs are easily explained. Just the vast majority of them.
edit on 9-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Perhaps their own cultural directives don't allow them to interact with us; perhaps they would like to utilize the resources of our planet, have staked their claim, but their directives require them to wait until we've used ourselves up.

Perhaps they are just interstellar /interdimensional tourists.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The question I believe we should asking is "WHY ARE THEY HIDING". If so Far Advanced they Could ABSOLUTELY make themselves Known if that was thier intention..

But of course there is the ultimate and long running deception on our end, and
your question is a good one......Thanks for asking..

= It's all about maintaining the deception that you are in control ... How else could you possibly control the masses?

I suspect the possible outcomes following the release of unquestionable proof was weighed out long time ago. Issues such as financial markets and religious consequences were but a couple.

So if you are confident they have visited the planet, you can count on this having been treated with the utmost care.
This is not going to be popular...But in reality this is far beyond any one person or country for that matter.

tom

edit on 9-11-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, I certainly hope that it isn't for selfish reasons on our government's part or whatever. :/ These secrets I mean. Maybe they just don't want us to progress with our world in a better way, and want to keep controlling the people. I'd be so mad.

I really want to see one no matter what, I think I can handle it. I think.. ^-^

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Think about how much big oil controls our lives and It won't take long to realize money is involved.
That being said,..I'm with you in let me know with 100% certainty

tom

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Thecakeisalie

All faiths would go critical mass for starters, not to mention all the backlash from the billions of people who've had the biggest secret in history kept from them.

As far as faiths go, I can only speak for myself and that is God created the heavens and the Earth and then he created everything on this Earth. The Bible doesn't speak of other planets that God started because the focus was on our planet. It would not harm my faith at all.

As far as being lied to... Heck ya I would be pissed off totally... who wouldn't be?

Stari

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They don't show up because they can't...
Sure, there problably many planets with different species on them, they just aren't that advanced to get in to space.

Just because we evolved a little in the last 100 years, we now dream of super advanced aliens.

How long did it take for us to reach space, and how long would it takes us to safely travel to planets ? probbably never...

There could be some highly super advanced species, that could space travel but that precentage would be very low

Nope... no aliens on or doorstep soon

edit on 10-11-2013 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Is that possible that our future is visiting in there past(that is our present).Like the future people visits to there past that is our present but they don't want us to know about it because it may can change our future.Just like Doraemon and Kiteretsu

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Maybe they're just waiting til we're all grass-fed and well massaged

:-)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Idk. An advanced sentient life form who origin could be light years away, or not even from this universe, but yet has a logical thinking about thing we couldn't understand yet.

Sounds quite intimidating.

<< 1   >>

join