It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 4 or COD Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ive always been a hardened COD player up until now but after getting the new battlefield 4 i have to say its the most fun ive had playing any FPS for years.

The graphics are just stunning and with the huge game changing events (Levolution) that can be triggered in multiplayer i think BF4 makes COD look like..a game.

I still think that COD Ghosts will probably beat BF4 in sales but IMO BF4 is vastly superior in every respect.

What do you think ATS Battlefield 4 or COD Ghost?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I fell out with COD after MW2. Just started feeling like the same game.
Was a hardcore BF3 player, and have been psyched to get this game. Due to financial issues, footing the 70 dollars for it is a bit of a stretch. I'll probably get it tonight to be honest, (fibre internet, oh baby). I -want- it bad, i want to put tanks through ceilings
. 110 bucks for BF4 + Premium.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am pleased with my pc purchase of BF4

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
BF4 is good, but so unpolished. Too many freeze ups and glitches. When they come out with updates it will be worth playing…

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Battlefield 4 beats COD Ghost in it's multiplayer hands down. While COD ghost has a great story, Battlefield 4 story is decent. Vehicle sections in COD Ghost was superb, and made me wish battlefield had flasher commander mode weapons.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I havent seen a lot of glitching while playing it , are you talking about the PC version or a console?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Im getting bf4 for the ps4 when it releases. I was super hardcore into MW2 and the first Black Ops, but gave up on COD after that. It just felt like the same game over and over with Blops 2 and MW3, just slightly different visuals/levels.

I got into Battlefield with Battlefield 2142 on PC. That game was freaking sweet. Camp Gibralter with every player slot filled = madness. (Im glad commander mode is coming back from that game to for bf4). I got bf3 for ps3 and the PC. PC definitely won that contest hands down, but I prefer the console controllers.

Im waiting for the ps4 to come out because they will finally have 64 players matches on a console, along with the graphics that are tremendously updated over the ps3 to. I would like bf4 for PC, but my machine cant handle it at the moment and im not gonna spend the $$$ to upgrade it.

Im just pretty much done with COD. Even though both games are getting pretty equal reviews from the major game reviewers, the gameplay of Battlefield is what gets me the most. Huge open maps with 10x as much stuff to do than in COD. COD seems just like a simple point-and-shoot arcade game nowdays.

ETA - I did play the bf4 beta on ps3 when it was out and I loved it.
edit on 9-11-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I loved CoD4 and World at War, the rest I never cared for. When Battlefield 3 rolled in it, it was the last nail in the coffin.

Battlefield 4 is amazing, I wouldn't dare waste the money on this new CoD.
It's really all about what you're into I guess, and I way prefer how dynamic BF series has become.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
reply to post by boncho

I havent seen a lot of glitching while playing it , are you talking about the PC version or a console?

Console, it was released a few weeks ago for where I am, and PC I heard there were many too, in the Beta. Ps3 freezes every 3-6 games. Glitchy to hell. Maps are a little dry without close combat too, so I figure once China Rising comes out, with an update, the game will be 9/10.

To be honest, the graphics don't seem that impressive, large maps yes, graphics no. I think Ps4 will solve that though, making it a sure 10/10.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Get BF4...Call of duty whatever the name is (ghosts now) is the same game over and over with a different title and features. Call of duty is not realistic at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Yeah but cod4 is fun. FUN. Who needs realism. Bugger the realism. Spend ages being real and throw everything out the window because it's no fun.

FUN. why are there no fun games. They're all "realistic" and not very. Therefore boring. Woo it's pretty, the first time. Then boring. Boring BORING.. So what the blade of grass looks real. That's why I can go outside.

Make it fun. FUN.. games.. you know, were supposed to be fun!!!!

I envision a completely immersive mmorpg one day, where everyone in it runs around playing the in-game games.. IT support guy, Burger flipper, TV repair man, ohh just like reality...

Oo

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If it was BF3 i would totally agree with you, to me the fun level on that game was pretty low and COD had it beat hands down. But with BF4 the fun level is through the roof, i was not expecting to enjoy it this much as i don't really go for large battle maps because they just get boring.

So IMO for the first time BF beats COD on the fun factor, graphics, audio and just about anything else i can think of.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Neither. Doom! People still play online today. Original and fun!
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Except on the PC BF4 crashes non-stop and given the amount of articles it's a game issue not the typical BS gamer response of build a better machine.

Also BF4 feels like a map pack that you paid $50 for..

Haven't played COD and Im not going to...

This is what it must feel like to be a hardcore Madden fan..paying full price every year for a few cosmetic changes.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I know on the first few days there were some server issues but EA rolled out a bunch of better servers to cover it.

Im not saying there have been no crashes its just i personally haven't seen any.

edit on 9-11-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
These games are decent for a quick diversion, but they're both really bad with ultra low skill ceilings.

I'd say Planetside 2 accomplishes everything one would want in a true successor to BF2's squad based fps crown much better than EA's offerings. There's more at stake than playing one map at a time in the persistent world SOE has created. FULL VOIP! I honestly believe the only thing that "held" the game back was pathetic optimization (required at LEAST 4.3 GHZ cpu to sustain 60 fps, which is a killer for many fps fans...as it should be) , which I believe should be largely addressed in an upcoming patch this week. SOE really shot themselves in the foot by waiting so long (A YEAR) to resolve this.

On the subject of COD, they had a REALLY good thing in COD4, but for some godforsaken reason they removed the movement mechanics, which pretty much made the game a point-and-click adventure. It's still nice in an arcade way.... like an fps version of San Francisco Rush. No reason to spend much time on this when you can improve in CSGO however.

The strong statements above are of course all just opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Problem with games these days is Beta is Alpha, and final release is Beta.

We pay between 60-110 dollars to test their games for them.

It's the way of the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I'd rather play a simulation than arcade anyday.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I just finished playing through Call of Duty: Ghosts. Overall, it wasn't anything too amazing. If you are looking for a compelling singleplayer experience, you probably aren't going to find it here. This is another game that unfortunately feels like it was made to cater more to the multiplayer crowd.

There were some unique settings this time around. There were some levels that took place in space and underwater, both involving combat. There were also a couple of times where you play as a German Shepard.

But the storyline sucked, in my opinion. The game was very short. It took around 4-5 hours to complete in my first play through. There seemed to be a real lack of continuity in the story, from level to level. It was very difficult to feel anything for the characters. The main villain was pretty disappointing. The main characters were pretty disappointing.

There was also an extremely small weapon selection compared to other games in the series.

The gameplay for this one is just like every other Call of Duty game. You start and point A and funnel through each level to point B with pretty much no chance to deviate off course. Shoot or stab everything that moves along the way. Repeat.

Another side note is that the Steam download size is almost 29 gigs for this thing.

My rating for the single player aspect of this game would be about a 5 out of 10. Good graphics. Ok gameplay. A few interesting and unique moments. But overall, a disappointing game.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Ok after 27hrs of playing time BF4 did just crash on me for the first time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join