It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: A Red Herring?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I didnt say they were all astronomers and top physicists. There are a plethora of speakers on the show, each with his/her own credentials. They have thoroughly researched the topics they discuss and are convincing enough.

Besides I have read several books on alternative topics and the information seems to correlate.
edit on 9/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I didnt say they were all astronomers and top physicists. There are a plethora of speakers on the show, each with his/her own credentials. They have thoroughly researched the topics they discuss and are convincing enough.

Besides I have read several books on alternative topics and the information seems to correlate.
edit on 9/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Oh I find the shows entertaining as well.. and I've read ancient
astronaut books aplenty by various authors. Now convincing
people is relatively easy.. in fact that's the problem..

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Oh I find the shows entertaining as well.. and I've read ancient
astronaut books aplenty by various authors. Now convincing
people is relatively easy.. in fact that's the problem..

Most people are not convinced, not because the evidence is lacking, but because it requires reprogramming of everything you held dear before. Its like an old car that needs more than a simple tune-up, it needs a complete overhaul.

When my parents see that the show is on, they immediatly switch the channel with a mean face pointed in my direction.

I think it will take at least another generation for people to start accepting AA theory as worthwhile. In the meantime more creationist versus evolutionary bull# for everyone.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I think it will take at least another generation for people to start accepting AA theory as worthwhile. In the meantime more creationist versus evolutionary bull# for everyone.

So... creationist vs. evolutionist or ancient astronaut theory
are the ONLY two choices for the path forward for humans?

KPB

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Most people are not convinced, not because the evidence is lacking, but because it requires reprogramming of everything you held dear before.

Most people are not convinced because the "evidence" relies wholly on interpretation .

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

gortex

Most people are not convinced, not because the evidence is lacking, but because it requires reprogramming of everything you held dear before.

Most people are not convinced because the "evidence" relies wholly on interpretation .

You got that right Gortex. Personally, I am a "hard sell", but I can also fantasize about what would be "cool" or what I would like something to be. However, that does not make it true. What makes anything true is evidence, hard evidence, something that can be independently verified by multiple outside entities, unbiased, that have no monetary or other reason to obfuscate the results. Like it or not, that is what will convince the masses of something so out-of-the-ordinary and world shattering that we are, truly, not alone in this universe. Do I "believe" we are not alone, yes, I do.....but I cannot prove that at all. Do I think we are being visited by a life form that originated not of this Earth, no, but I wish it were true.

That and a ten-spot will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
Huzzah!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Has anyone ever though of the possibility that it all seems to be about belief.

The UFO phenom has turned into the new religion in a lot of respects. One is a believer or a disbeliever or agnostic—a perfect analogue to religion

Perhaps with the waning of religious belief in the west nature (abhorring a vacuum) sends the aliens to shore up the reality of belief in the western man.

Or the real PTB behind the mandarins we know of want humans to have belief or disbelief in something

Roswell is the perfect post modern paradigm for the UFO events in that it elicits the disbelief/ belief polarity that is required by some force.

Therefore Roswell may not be a Red Herring but someone’s Stuffed Pig.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

gortex

Scholars misinterpreting everything for hundreds of years does not help the cause. Its the problem rather than the solution.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. -Ephesians 6:12 KJV bible.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. -Saint Bernard

The roman catholic church once claimed that the earth was flat. Science proved it wrong, but the church considered them heretics at the time. Similarly people claiming that the earth and moon are hollow are claimed dellusional by science today.

Also did you know that the vatican has the biggest library in the world and that is entirely off-limits to everyone without special appointment? I think when they burned down the library of alexandria the illuminati/nwo took the books for "safe keeping" away from the prying masses.

Dogmatic science is no better than dogmatic religious beliefs. Both believe in dogma of established beliefs!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Or the real PTB behind the mandarins we know of want humans to have belief or disbelief in something

It does make me wonder who's pulling the strings

Certain faces keep popping up time and time again

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Krakatoa

Do I "believe" we are not alone, yes, I do.....but I cannot prove that at all. Do I think we are being visited by a life form that originated not of this Earth, no, but I wish it were true.

That and a ten-spot will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
Huzzah!

Be careful what you wish for pal. I hope the reptillians and greys pack up and leave us the hell alone. So many people allegedly have been abducted and messed with its not funny at all. Look into dulce nm and area 51.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I think there are also good aliens at work but they seem to get over-shadowed by the negative entities. The negative entities seem to be controlling our leaders and plunging the earth into chaos. In fact the bible as pathetic as it is alludes to the nephelim and elohim sometimes. But overall its too unreliable because it has been infiltrated to the core by evil.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Talking only about the Roswell story, basically it's a mythos that got impetus due to some odd events.

Mac Brazel realized the AF was offering a reward of several thousand bucks for evidence of crashed saucers. he found a debris field. Some of the debris had odd qualities (more on that later). So his story got blown up all out of proportion.

Who did that? Some think the gubmint, an opportunity to convince the Russians we might have advanced non-terrestrial technology. So after releasing this half-baked story, the upper brass got wind and said 'whoa, nix that the Russians will never buy it'. So it got retracted.

On the debris, nobody said they found alien microcircuitry. They just made claims about unbendable or unburnable little I-beams. What if, like one poster said these were just resin or epoxy-coated beams? Could that be conflated into a 'story' about 'not of this Earth', perhaps by residents who 'just wanted to believe?'

I think so.

In conclusion Roswell, though still retaining some 'mystery' is not explained by crashed non-terrestrial saucers, for real.

edit on 9-11-2013 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not to derail the thread away from the Roswell topic, but, there is no evidence at all for any alien presence here on Earth (Reptilian, Grey, etc...). So, I don;t fear any retribution at this point, sorry.

On-topic, my research leads me to the simplest conclusion that it was a cake of mistaken identity, sprinkled with a promise of reward money, and slowly cooked over the coals of time. I think it's done, so take a piece and enjoy.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Roswell is just one of many alleged crashed saucers. Its simply a high profile case, nothing else.

Most of the people that dismiss roswell also dismiss all the other alleged crashed saucer cases.

In fifty years humans have made an unbelievable leap in terms of new technology, technology that never existed for thousands of years and the beginning of civilisation as we comprehend it today.

And the industrial revolution would be irrellevant to electronic circuitry that is the backbone of all intelligent devices we take for granted today. Mobile phones, personal computers and mainframes, satellite transmission, appliances with microchips, microwave ovens, etc.

It just doesnt add up unless one takes the extra-terrestrial hypothesis seriously and admits humans and aliens have had contact covertly.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

In fifty years humans have made an unbelievable leap in terms of new technology, technology that never existed for thousands of years and the beginning of civilisation as we comprehend it today.

And the industrial revolution would be irrellevant to electronic circuitry that is the backbone of all intelligent devices we take for granted today. Mobile phones, personal computers and mainframes, satellite transmission, appliances with microchips, microwave ovens, etc.

It just doesnt add up unless one takes the extra-terrestrial hypothesis seriously and admits humans and aliens have had contact covertly.

And for thousands of years before the industrial revolution, the religious factions had full control over the knowledge, and science was dismissed or overtly crushed. So, when the knowledge was freed from this heavy-handed control mechanism, we see the progress you just mentioned as science was free to explore and understand the natural world. Only then could we make these tremendous advances and allow the human brain to think freely. The human mind is an incredible organ, and all too often Ufologists minimize it's contribution to the world in favor of "it had to be aliens". We all stand upon the shoulders of giants such as Newton, Maxwell, Einstein, Bohr, etc... If it were not for these minds, and their exploration of the natural world, long before 1947, we would not have the technology you mentioned. Look up the REAL history of these developments, you will find they almost all pre-date the Roswell incident.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Baloney. Both science and religion have always been dogmatic and helping each other. The release of information has always been controlled by the illuminati/nwo and released upon their whims.

Just to illustrate the point there are actually fools today that believe humans built the pyramids, stonehedge, obelisks, temples, etc with stone age tools and back-breaking labor. This is indeed the pinnacle of preposterousness.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Religion and science helping each other?
Wow, I can see there will be no convincing you of the reality of history here, so, I will not try. We must just part agreeing to disagree here.

Roswell did happen, what is debatable, forever, is what it was that crashed. From almost 20 years f independent research, I have come to one conclusion that it was indeed a crashed balloon from Project Mogul. You, may disagree, and that is fine. Lets not derail this thread discussing the ephemera dichotomy of religion vs science as that is a bottomless pit IMO....and not relevant here.

Huzzah!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For anyone who hasn't seen it, Krakatoa has provided a very excellent Roswell debris analysis and OP in the finest of ATS tradition. Check it out. Whether you agree or not (I do) I believe you will find it a worthy read and worth flagging for the quality and time put into it:

My New Roswell Debris Review

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Willtell

It's even worse when you focus less upon the "actors" and more upon the "play"...

With that said, it's curious how we seem to see the same actors time after time, no?

If we as a species refuse to be disgusted....why should we, or anyone else care?

What will it take to move us to action?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Excellent point.

Though I would add that the AAT are also becoming dogmatic as well.

They aver their ideas as if facts and not theories in the light of the program saying Ancient Astronaut Theorists

The guy with the big hair really is becoming the chief priest and most dogmatic of the AAT church

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

gortex

Gwarsh, hell to the yes, gortex! The myth-makers. Great pic...I missed that one.

It's so sad that so many here who love ufology, don't love it enough to understand the "crimes" and history of Bill Moore, Friedman, Randle, Rick "the dick" Doty, John Alexander, Kit Green, Bruce Macabee, The Aviary, Serpo, Mj-12, Holloman, etc., etc.

Imo, folk really embarass themselves when they fail to research and understand the backstory and disinformationists.

They get an "A" for ignorant enthusiasm and an "F -" for knowledge. What can we do but shake our heads at the poor uniformed cheerleaders of B.S.? Poor suckers.

EarthCitizen: I truly like you, but you are, imo, the epitome of what's wrong with ufology and the kind of naive denizen that ATS ofttimes seems made for. It may sound harsh, but some of my greatest life lessons were learned this way: Grow up, refine your research skills, accept no crap from the "tin heroes" of ufology, and intellectually demand ALL the available information...not just that which suits your fantasy life.

I'm pretty sure we'll remain friends, EC...and I'd even wager you will thank us someday soon.

edit on 9-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join