It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you do when your waiting for your food to cook???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Check and recheck and re re check the youtube video to make sure I am doing it right.

But seriously, like someone else said, clean areas of the kitchen of either funk or old bad food.
Make a pot of coffee or best of all, throw the ball down the hallway and watch the doggies chase it, or practice your quick draw.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When I saw the thread title, I instantly knew it was you.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well, I happen to like staring at stuff in the oven, watching the chemical changes in the food, the bubbling of sauce, the sizzling of meats, the rising of pastry and bread stuffs. I find it all rather fascinating. Of course, sometimes, when you have cooked a particular meal several times, the novelty wears of somewhat.

However, tedious or not, I am pretty obsessive about ensuring that I neither burn, nor undercook whatever I make. Therefore, it is my habit to watch anyway. I will literally pull up a chair and watch, to ensure that cheese toppings are golden, NOT brown, but golden (which contrary to popular opinion are very different things), to make sure that meats do not dry out, to basically make sure that food comes out as perfect as it can. I like food. It's not just nourishment, but an event, and worth taking the time over in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Before I got really sick, I'd have a glass of wine while I was cooking.
A little wine in the food ... a little wine in the cook.

That's something you can 'do' while waiting for the food.
And if you aren't the one doing the cooking .... how about having that
glass of wine WITH the cook while he/she does the cooking.
Keep them company.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You: What do you do while you're waiting for your food to cook?

Me: The same thing I do every night, - try to take over the world!

Or just wash the dishes, clean up the counter, and play with my cat.

Pick one.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I usually wash the dishes I have used so far. Put a load of laundry in the washer/dryer. Wipe down the counter tops. Sneak a peak at ATS. Watch some youtube on the phone. Stare out the windows over the sink and think of running away?

There is always something to do around here.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

When the meal is cooking, i am doing stuff like making the sauce, washing dishes, etc. If all you are doing is standing there watching something cook, you should save the effort and just eat it raw.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

spartacus699
I can't stand staring at food cooking. it takes forever it seems. It shouldn't take so long. You end up just sitting around doing nothing meanwhile you're hungry and you got things to do, it's maddening!

I read...or...talk on the phone with a friend...or (set the timer) and take a short nap.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Waiting for anything is always a good time if you have a can of crisco and a spare hand.
Well except for waiting in line at the DMV. They still won't let me back in there.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Dinner started, everything looks ok, dashes downstairs for a beer and whatever I am doing on the net.

5 minutes later, dashes upstairs to check on it, maybe a few other things then dashes downstairs to finish my beer and look at music videos........
This process is repeated multiple times until the food is ready and I got my exercise and a buzz on all at the same time....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I burgle my unattended neighbors houses...

...cooking's a good alibi...

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i rumble (my stomach)
i grumble (why is it taking so long)
i nibble (fingernails)
i dribble (my homer simpson impression)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>