It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old young lady shot in back of head after seeking help after a car crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Is that why you questioning the victim's motives?

like she is at fault? for dying?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh, let's keep it friendly, Folks.

Please refrain from sniping, veiled or otherwise, and address the Topic not the members.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Pejeu

If that was the case, you would have millions of dead people.....
Use your brains and stop trying to project your twisted mentality onto other people.

I think it's a testament to law enforcement and the courts that it doesn't happen more often.

TKDRL
reply to post by Pejeu

Maybe, I don't know. You don't find it strange? Have an accident, vanish from the scene, then show up "some hours" later in a different part of town knocking or banging on a door? Who knows what happened.

My assumption would be that her cellphone battery ran out, if I may hazard the guess.

Or maybe she was robbed after the accident.
edit on 2013/11/7 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's not hard to see this thread morphing into a reincarnation of the Zimmerman/Martin fiasco.

A Sad tragedy, used as a spring board for those with agendas to try and capitalize on.

No real information but some already blaming the victim.
edit on 7-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Please provide me a copy of were I am questioning the victims motives, so I may clarify whatever you are misunderstanding about what I posted.

I am only trying to understand what really happened, in the madness of what is being reported about her.

link   
reply to post by Pejeu

How does that explain anything? Say that did happen. Why do you leave the scene of an accident, then end up in another part of town "some hours" later? Wouldn't you try knocking on doors right there if anything?
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:19:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by olaru12

I would not be surprised some later story emerges and the killing is justified. I think that is what most people in this thread wants to see.

Defend the shooter. No. Matter. What.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by luciddream

She wasn't shot in the back of the head. Keep up with the info flow.

Says who?

The woman interviewed (seemed to be a relative) claimed that half her face was shot off.

Sounds like an exit wound to me (invariably larger than the entry wound).

TKDRL
reply to post by Pejeu

How does that explain anything? Say that did happen. Why do you leave the scene of an accident, then end up in another part of town "some hours" later? Wouldn't you try knocking on doors right there if anything?

Maybe she was abducted and robbed. Perhaps even sexually assaulted.

And when she managed to escape or was set free she knocked on someone's door for help.

How tragic would that be?

You seem to be jumping through a lot of tight hoops in a prima facie attempt at mitigating the shooter's guilt or even questioning it altogether.
edit on 2013/11/7 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

It's on page one. According to the chief detective.

“This girl was not shot in the back of the head while leaving the porch,” Serwatowski said “I don’t know where the family is getting this. She was shot in the front of the face, near the mouth.”

source

IT's not at all like it was initially reported. There is something strange going on.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:23:55 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Nice attempt at a logical fallacy there, really tugs at the heart strings and makes your knee jerk up real fast like. Don't worry either, the rest of the country shares your sentiment I'm sure.

Unfortunately a rational mind can see right through your attempt at argumentum ad passiones and will call you on it.

She was the victim, and therefor is not being charged with any crime, so your point of "isn't she innocent until proven guilty?" is a fallacy and is invalid.

Yes, an innocent person was killed, and it is a tragedy, but how is throwing logic and jurisprudence out the window doing anybody any good?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I grew up not too far from the Detroit limits. Every once in awhile they would bang on the door early in the morning asking for random things. This was known back then as a casing operation. Many members of my family have fell victim to assault and robbery from the lovely people of Detroit.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pejeu

That would indeed be a tragedy. We don't know what happened, could be a million things. I am not hanging anyone here, there is not enough info to even attempt an informed decision or hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, it isn't just the media reporting this badly, but the police initially giving bad information as well!

The Dearborn Police Department have confirmed the shooting, but have not released the name of the suspect. They initially told McBride’s family that her body was “dumped,” but have now admitted that she died on the man’s porch, reports FOX 32.

Source

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Pejeu

That would indeed be a tragedy. We don't know what happened, could be a million things. I am not hanging anyone here, there is not enough info to even attempt an informed decision or hypothesis.

Quoted for truth and logic.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Yeah I haven't been robbed yet but my neighbors have. Mostly because someones always home. 3 teens broke into my cousins house while he was sleeping. He had a 357 on his nightstand. One of them opened the bedroom door and my cousin shot him in the chest. The kid died and the police never filed charges. The other two ran off and were never caught. They locals harassed the hell out of him. He ended up moving but not before they shot his dog and busted windows out on his car.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

thank you for a logical and reasoned argument. my whole point with the post was that this is tragedy. of which, i would love too see much less of in our society. and we are too quick to shoot first and ask questions later. yeah, this is a very weird story now that more info is coming out. i only posted what i had seen.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Serwatowski said the shooting occurred about 3:40 a.m. and the accident happened at about 1:30 a.m. He declined to say what police believe McBride was doing before and after the accident.

Things aren't making sense. 2+ hours between Accident and shooting, House is on a side street that you wouldn't normally walk down if you were going to nearest place to get help. Plus house where shooting took place isn't in very close proximity to accident. From the comments on the Detroit Free Press article, they don't know the whereabout of the girl's car even. Sounds like the Police and the Prosecutor's office might know more than they are telling right now:

“I know the family is anxious to see this man (the alleged shooter) charged but the prosecutor’s office is telling us they want a lot more information before they make a decision,” Serwatowski said.

Meanwhile, we don't even know the color of the shooter yet.....

“Black life is not valued in America, not worthy, not respected,” said Detroit activist Yusef Shaker, who is helping lead the rally. “Here was a woman who was seeking help from potential danger and her life was taken...It's a Trayvon Martin case all over again.”

and THAT same day in Detroit:
10 people shot at Detroit barbershop, at least 2 dead

So far.... no rally at that location.

edit on 7-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Was he supposed to allow himself to be killed? Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's minds when they react like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PlatinumShatinum

I don't know what they think. Most of them can't even read let a lone speak the English language. The amount of sheer stupidity never ceases amazes me I see it all the time. The closer you get to the hood the dumber people get. Some of them have no more sense of right or wrong then a tree frog.
edit on 7-11-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Terrible to hear what you have to endure just to live life. Crime isn't often the minor inconvenience many like to portray it as.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join