It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old young lady shot in back of head after seeking help after a car crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme
reply to post by muse7

She didn't deserve to be shot, but what was she doing out at 2:30am and wrecking cars? last call at the bar/club and then a drive home? is there any information as to her state of mind when she came up to the door?

Again, I'd like to know more about the background of how she got there...her state of mind and what actually happened before just saying that good ol boy wanted her off his porch.

You do realize that people work late to dont you ? She may have been on her way home form work, and who is to say the accident was her fault.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

And on top of it all, the police haven't even said if they will, or will not, arrest and charge someone.

Why are some so quick to judgement?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Do you know exactly how far the distance is? Is it possible she wacked her head, and wandered around for hours in a dazed stupor before knocking on a door? Doesn't seem to add up to me. And to think, a bunch of people would have lynched the guy already going on the original innacurate story released.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:19:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Very sad story. Detroit is a pretty much "Your're on your own" kinda city. You can't count on Police to get there in time, sometimes you can't even count on your neighbors, if you even have any.
To give you an example of how it is in Detroit, the new Chief of Police almost got carjacked in an unmarked police car while stopped at a traffic light. He only got away by running the light.

I'm not making this up, its pretty messed up in some parts of Detroit.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

Anything is possible I guess, more than likely a 19 year old out and about @ 2:30am in a car wreck is in the midst of partying or causing trouble vs. coming home from work.

Just using a little common sense here, it's also possible she found this dude's wallet at the local gym and decided to return it to him at 2:30am on the way home from per position at the local homeless shelter...but it's highly unlikely.

link   

PlatinumShatinum

And on top of it all, the police haven't even said if they will, or will not, arrest and charge someone.

Why are some so quick to judgement?

I say it has to do with the way the media has conditioned us for so long.

Also I'm willing to bet old Jesse and Al will have comments on this case in the next hour or so, neither of them can miss the opportunity to let a crisis go to wate...

link   
Guessing there is a darker side to this story. A young girl in an obviously bad area that had a car accident hours before is knocking on someones door at 2:30 in the morning? Smart....

No idea how this is going to play out but me thinks there will be more to come on the bloodwork for the girl as well as the accident and what transpired after.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme

Anything is possible I guess, more than likely a 19 year old out and about @ 2:30am in a car wreck is in the midst of partying or causing trouble vs. coming home from work.

Just using a little common sense here, it's also possible she found this dude's wallet at the local gym and decided to return it to him at 2:30am on the way home from per position at the local homeless shelter...but it's highly unlikely.

I guess they will never know. Wonder if a white person would have been shot ?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

And to think, a bunch of people would have lynched the guy already going on the original innacurate story released.

Trial by media, I think we know exactly where this is going.

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

desertguy

Nowyouseeme

I guess they will never know. Wonder if a white person would have been shot ?

And we have a winner......

That's really what this thread is about. Race, Stand your ground, 2nd amendment rights and culpability; I think we just went thru this didn't we?
edit on 7-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

muse7
Just a good ole' boy protecting his precious castle from a dangerous black woman.

What a Jerk !

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme

The family is claiming back of the head and it was the front? Several hours between accident and the shooting? She doesn't have a cell phone? who goes to someones house and asks for help anymore?

These are the types of things that stick out that something is really wrong with her side of the story.

Again, she didn't deserve to get shot more then likely...but when little lies start being told about insignificant things it's a strong indicator that a story isn't all it appears.

Yep.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It sucks they weren't more specific. Like how many hours between fleeing from accident and the knock? How far away?
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:30:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

By this guy? maybe not...I'm sure her race had something to do with it. People look at other races as more threatening then their own, it's just something that we still carry from our Tribal days...you like and trust people who look more like you.

If this was a Hispanic guy at 2:30am in an Asian Neighborhood
if this was a White guy at 2:30am in a Black Neighboorhood

doing whatever she was up to, which sounds shady or at least questionable to me, I'm sure the outcome would have been not good. Again, she didn't deserve it...but it's very possible based on the timing and the small lies her family is already telling, she contributed to an unfortunate turn of events.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: Spelling

edit on 7-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme

By this guy? maybe not...I'm sure her race had something to do with it. People look at other races as more threatening then their own, it's just something that we still carry from our Tribal days...you like and trust people who look more like you.

If this was a Hispanic guy at 2:30am in an Asian Neighborhood
if this was a White guy at 2:30am in a Black Neighboorhood

doing whatever she was up to, which sounds shady or at least questionable to me, I'm sure the outcome would have been not good. Again, she didn't deserve it...but it's very possible based on the timing and the small lies her family is already telling, she contributed to an unfortunate turn of events.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: Spelling

edit on 7-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

If she would have came to my door I would have asked if she needed help but keep the screen door locked weather she was white or black, you just cant trust anyone anymore. If she was a threat I would keep my door locked and called the cops.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Did any report actually identify the shooters race? I couldnt find it.

Considering Detroit is 82% black and 10% white there is every likelihood the shooter was black.

If so is it still racial profiling or is it just that some guy was woken by a stranger banging on his door at 2 in the morning?

It's like 90% white where I live. Somebody bangs on my door at 2AM I'm answering with a gun in my hand. I dont care if it's Jesus coming to say "hello" and grant me three wishes. We'll sort out who he is and why he's there banging on my door at 2AM after I click the safety off.

Not racist if I do that here (90% white) but racist if I do it in Detroit (10% white)? Seems arbitrary and stupid to me.

ETA: News says she was shot in Dearborn Heights. Demos are flipped there. 80% white, 8% black.

Still, stranger banging on my door at 2AM is what matters. Race is an afterthought. Even the grand wizard of the klan would be more concerned that anyone if banging on his door at 2AM than what color that anyone is.
edit on 7-11-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hmm, Ive had all sorts of folks come to my door for different reasons. I don't shoot them.
Those who need help I simply hand the phone.

I am strongly opposed to home invasion and home raids though, by anyone. Warrant or not.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Typical Race Baiting by the Huffington Post!

Small amount of facts and tons of speculation.....

I swear these people won't be happy until they manufacture a total all out race war....

As others have already said, "I will wait for the facts to come out.".

What ever happened to the New Media actually reporting on news based upon FACTS versus todays version of the news being reported on assumptions?
edit on 7-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I cannot believe so much mis-information is being released about this, and that the police aren't trying to get the correct information out faster.

Lets face it. This happened in Detroit, at 2:30 in the morning. It does not matter what color you are, living there, you will be on edge having someone knocking at your door at that time of the morning!! If she was killed, just trying to get help, it is a great tragedy!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Typical Race Baiting by the Huffington Post!

Small amount of facts and tons of speculation.....

I swear these people won't be happy until they manufacture a total all out race war....

As others have already said, "I will wait for the facts to come out.".

This. It could have been a horrible accident, but the discrepancies and all out falsehoods we have seen already make one suspicious.

It could have been an innocent kid who got killed.

It could have been a kid who was part of a gang trying to break into someone's house.

Not enough information to get angry one way or another and not enough information to use this to complain about gun ownership, self defense, crime, or Detroit. We'll just have to wait and see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join