It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Cucumber Found to Kill 95% of Cancer Cells, Shrink Tumors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I really hate cancer & I'm almost certain that at one point in my life I will have to battle this disease. That's why it's so important to post everything and anything that might give us a chance. From Vitamin C to Baking Soda to now this...the Sea Cucmber! There is hope for all of us but unfortunately you have to know where to look to even be in the know. I'm thankful to those on here that post this because one day one of us may be saved by these methods.

Sea Cucumber, commonly used in Chinese medicine has recently shown promising results in the fight against Cancer. A new study shows that the extract killed 95% of breast cancer cells, 90% of melanoma cells, 95% of liver cells and 88% of lung cancer cells in vitro. The extract also activates the immune system and impedes key metastasis.

In a 10 day test they compared this extract to that of chemo. While chemo did a better job of shrinking the tumor, 47% compared to 40%, there are no side effects with the Sea Cucumber that chemo has.

unspokencures.com...

Going a little off topic here but just yesterday while going to a hospital in Moline (I work for the Hospitals in IA, IL) I ran into an old co-worker. He was being wheeled in by wheel chair. He had battled brain cancer a few years back and last I had known he was in recession. I could tell by just looking at him that he was sick again. I asked him how he was and had small talk with him. I didn't go into details with him but he just said he wished he were better.

Anyways long story short I ask my boss this morning if she knew any info on Chris. She said, "ya, he passed away this morning". I was like "whoa I just saw and talked to him yesterday". My heart just sank & I had wished I had talked to him a little more. I still don't have any of the details but apparently he had cancer in his back as well.

So spread the word as much as you can. Even if these methods only save 1 person it can be deemed successful.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Always good stuff to know, thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That's a very sad story, sorry to hear about your friend.

Now, the sea cucumber.
I used to go deep sea bottom fishing with my pops....and we brought a few of these ugly things up.
Really really ugly creature, especially when it is out of its element, like on my hook at the end of my line.

I'm thinking they just actually scare the cancer away

Kinda like how I think the Kimo works as well....that crap makes people so sick that the cancer isn't interested in living in their body anymore it seems like. Have had several friends and family go through the KIMO...they say its worse than dying.

Had a friend last year, survived prostate cancer...did all his treatments. Was clean for a year....then they found it somewhere else...
He just said his goodbyes and was goon in two months...the last battle took all he could give wouldn't go through it again he decided.

Anyways...yes, lets let the sea cucumbers attack cancer ... has to be better than the kimo

X

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I created a similar thread making it a bit more broad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was disappointed to see that most of the comments seem to favor the establishment medical model, which we know treats symptoms not causes.
edit on 7-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Eating beef cartilage shrinks tumors very fast. It can be cooked, and the chemical is present in soups made from meaty soupbones containing cartilage. From my research the chemical is heat stable up to about a hundred ninety five plus degrees F. If you boil a soup bone with some veggies in it the temperature of boiling is reduced to about 185 degrees. The bone alone only brings the boiling temp down to about 205 degrees. I chose 185 degrees approximately when I worked on recipes to measure boiling points to keep the B6 from falling apart. Baking the bones before making soup brings the temperature too high and destroys a lot of good chemistry.

Strawberries also shrink tumors a little, their best use is to kill tumors when they are just starting.

Both suppress blood vessel growth. I don't recommend eating medicinal soup all the time though, we need to be able to repair our blood vessels when they are damaged. Eating soup made from beef soup bones is good every couple of weeks for normal consumption. If you eat a lot, bake the bones first then put them in the soup.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There are people who are paid to lend a scientific cast to the fantasy elements in some films, such as the Incredible Hulk. In that case, the explanation for Bruce Banner's transformation was that David Banner was experimenting with cells from sea cucumbers, which explains why stress causes his tissue to swell and harden. Interestingly, it also prevents him from falling ill or suffering serious damage, not to mention an accelerated healing factor. I wonder if this is why that guy came up with the idea of using sea cucumbers to explain the science behind the Hulk's creation.
edit on 7-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Glad to hear it, but egads! I've had sea cucumber before and it would probably take cancer to get me to eat it again!

Nasty!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You know what the best cure for cancer is?

A clean habitat.

Xcouncil=wisdom

Now, the sea cucumber.
I used to go deep sea bottom fishing with my pops....and we brought a few of these ugly things up.
Really really ugly creature, especially when it is out of its element, like on my hook at the end of my line.

I'm thinking they just actually scare the cancer away

Lets see how pretty you look after swallowing a giant hook with it piercing out your neck and hauled forcefully into an unnatural environment, such as the void of space.
edit on 11/7/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

gladtobehere

I created a similar thread making it a bit more broad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was disappointed to see that most of the comments seem to favor the establishment medical model, which we know treats symptoms not causes.
edit on 7-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I never saw this thread and will read thru it now.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
There are people who are paid to lend a scientific cast to the fantasy elements in some films, such as the Incredible Hulk. In that case, the explanation for Bruce Banner's transformation was that David Banner was experimenting with cells from sea cucumbers, which explains why stress causes his tissue to swell and harden. Interestingly, it also prevents him from falling ill or suffering serious damage, not to mention an accelerated healing factor. I wonder if this is why that guy came up with the idea of using sea cucumbers to explain the science behind the Hulk's creation.
edit on 7-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Huh...I'm a huge Hulk fan though I don't know a lot of history behind the character. Very interesting indeed! Nice [post.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
semi off topic but not really

op mentioned previous miracle supplemental things like vit-c and baking soda.
a person would need one or the other right? i mean wouldn't they cancel each other out?
vit-c is just ascorbic acid, and baking soda is the alkaline antacid.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Bisman
semi off topic but not really

op mentioned previous miracle supplemental things like vit-c and baking soda.
a person would need one or the other right? i mean wouldn't they cancel each other out?
vit-c is just ascorbic acid, and baking soda is the alkaline antacid.

Ya I meant as one or the other but not sure if they could be used together? One would think that we could use together but maybe not mixed together.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

HawkeyeNation
I really hate cancer & I'm almost certain that at one point in my life I will have to battle this disease. That's why it's so important to post everything and anything that might give us a chance. From Vitamin C to Baking Soda to now this...the Sea Cucmber! There is hope for all of us but unfortunately you have to know where to look to even be in the know. I'm thankful to those on here that post this because one day one of us may be saved by these methods.

Sea Cucumber, commonly used in Chinese medicine has recently shown promising results in the fight against Cancer. A new study shows that the extract killed 95% of breast cancer cells, 90% of melanoma cells, 95% of liver cells and 88% of lung cancer cells in vitro. The extract also activates the immune system and impedes key metastasis.

In a 10 day test they compared this extract to that of chemo. While chemo did a better job of shrinking the tumor, 47% compared to 40%, there are no side effects with the Sea Cucumber that chemo has.

unspokencures.com...

Going a little off topic here but just yesterday while going to a hospital in Moline (I work for the Hospitals in IA, IL) I ran into an old co-worker. He was being wheeled in by wheel chair. He had battled brain cancer a few years back and last I had known he was in recession. I could tell by just looking at him that he was sick again. I asked him how he was and had small talk with him. I didn't go into details with him but he just said he wished he were better.

Anyways long story short I ask my boss this morning if she knew any info on Chris. She said, "ya, he passed away this morning". I was like "whoa I just saw and talked to him yesterday". My heart just sank & I had wished I had talked to him a little more. I still don't have any of the details but apparently he had cancer in his back as well.

So spread the word as much as you can. Even if these methods only save 1 person it can be deemed successful.

It was a 1 in 20 chance of getting it 20 years back now its a 1 in 3...cell phones seem to be helping the rise along with other environmental factors. I'd say that was an epidemic.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is Very interesting. Timing is great too, few days back I found another interesting possible 'cure'.

A virus, Newcastle, that is a big killer of poultry, can help with cancer too, supposively.

(taken from national cancer institute site)
Overview

Newcastle disease virus (NDV) is a virus that is of interest because it replicates (makes copies of itself) more quickly in human cancer cells than in most normal human cells and because it can kill these host cells (see Question 1).
NDV can be used to directly kill cancer cells, or it can be given as a cancer vaccine. Cancer vaccines cause the body’s natural immune system to seek out and destroy cancer cells (see Question 4).
The results of clinical trials (research studies with people) of NDV as a cancer treatment have not proved that it works (see Question 6).
The US Food and Drug Administration has not approved NDV as a treatment for cancer (see Question 8).

Edit: from the site i originally found it, said that cancer has a weak defense against viruses or something..
edit on 7-11-2013 by Lunette because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
From the American Cancer Society:
S ea Cucumber

Overview
There is little reliable scientific evidence to support claims that sea cucumber is effective in treating cancer, arthritis, and other diseases.
What is the evidence?
Research is currently under way to learn whether some compounds made by sea cucumbers may be helpful against cancer. Compounds called triterpenoids have shown some promise in laboratory studies in slowing cancer cell growth and in stopping the formation of new blood vessels that tumors need to grow. In another early laboratory study, a fatty acid (12-MTA) that came from a sea cucumber was found to slow the growth of prostate cancer cells. No studies testing these compounds in animals or humans have been reported as of yet in available scientific publications. Results of such studies are needed to find out whether these compounds are useful against cancer in living organisms. It is important to note also that extracted chemicals or substances are different from supplements made of the whole sea cucumber and would not be expected to produce the same results.

If it sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is.
Sadly this is nothing more then someone wanting to push sales on a product, and willing to pray on desperate people to do so. There are thousands of such scams out there...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

defcon5
From the American Cancer Society:
S ea Cucumber

Overview
There is little reliable scientific evidence to support claims that sea cucumber is effective in treating cancer, arthritis, and other diseases.
What is the evidence?
Research is currently under way to learn whether some compounds made by sea cucumbers may be helpful against cancer. Compounds called triterpenoids have shown some promise in laboratory studies in slowing cancer cell growth and in stopping the formation of new blood vessels that tumors need to grow. In another early laboratory study, a fatty acid (12-MTA) that came from a sea cucumber was found to slow the growth of prostate cancer cells. No studies testing these compounds in animals or humans have been reported as of yet in available scientific publications. Results of such studies are needed to find out whether these compounds are useful against cancer in living organisms. It is important to note also that extracted chemicals or substances are different from supplements made of the whole sea cucumber and would not be expected to produce the same results.

If it sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is.
Sadly this is nothing more then someone wanting to push sales on a product, and willing to pray on desperate people to do so. There are thousands of such scams out there...

The last medical review done by the American Cancer Society on Sea Cucumber was 11/1/2008. Hopefully with the continuous tests and studies this isn't nearly as accurate. Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Where can you get it and how to use it, my dad is dieing with three types of cancer. If you could pm would be good as I may not be able to find way back here lol.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ten years from now
"Sea cucumber going extinct due to de-population caused by over hunting"

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

I'm pretty sure they'll farm the sea cucumber instead

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
thats awesome and weird.