It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst/Best Hit and Run Video from Chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, the title says it all. This took place yesterday and it definitely got media attention. The driver had to have had drugs on him or an outstanding warrant or possibly the car was stolen... The video starts a little slow, but it finishes great... The guy on the road is the cab driver who was hit (at the beginning of the clip)

My city never ceases to amaze me...

edit on 7-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Lol, I had to watch that twice to get the full effect.

Unusually good road madness with my morning coffee.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

What better time for a

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by jhn7537

Lol, I had to watch that twice to get the full effect.

Unusually good road madness with my morning coffee.

Hahaha yea... Thankfully, no one was hit (people), the cars, well, that's a different story... You can't believe how a person can turn a simple rear-ending into all of that...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

GNOarmy
reply to post by jhn7537

What better time for a

Yea, with all the doom and gloom around, it's always good to have a laugh every now and then.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I'm sitting in a chicken wing joint and shared your video. A little part of Cincinnati just had a good laugh!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Ohhhhh Sweet Hooooome Chicago!!! How I love thee!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by jhn7537

Ohhhhh Sweet Hooooome Chicago!!! How I love thee!!!

Come visit! Isn't it obvious that we're a friendly town... hahahaha

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Turns out the driver of the SUV was a 19yo named Kenzell Lesure, and the reason he didn't get out and swap insurance information is because:

1. He stole the SUV he was driving
2. He was trying to make a run for it when he hit the cabbie
3. He has no insurance
4. He has no license

The most amusing part is he was arrested after hitting a tree a few blocks away, so he's obviously a REALLY bad driver.

The driver of the SUV — 19-year-old Kenzell Lesure — was arrested a short time later, after crashing into a tree a few blocks away, according to a police spokesperson. Lesure has been charge with two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, and one count each of driving without a license, damage to public property, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, criminal trespass to a vehicle, and driving without insurance

Source: chicago.cbslocal.com...
edit on 11/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ahhhh one of my three guesses!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good stuff, I hope they caught this idiot and throw the book at him.
I wonder what the final bill will be?
Hope he had insurance as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The most amazing part is the number of people that did not help the cabbie out. What a rude city, people walking and driving by with no help. Serves half those turds right getting their cars hit.

Can you believe that some folks would rather sit back and film the incident rather than help? Freaking sad. I would have dropped my camera and sprinted out to help the guy. If you want to know why your city is like that look no further than the mirror.

Real men ALWAYS help those weaker than themselves. They don't stand around with a camera in their hands.

Sorry to flame you but really dude you choose to film rather than help so oh well.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I understand why people don't step up in Chicago, there's a sh*t load of crazies out there today and if you cross the wrong one, they may open fire on you... And a car is a pretty big weapon and he was using it like one, if you run out on the road who says he doesn't hit you with his car??? And it's good to video tape incidents like this so you can better identify the person to the police.

Btw- that wasn't me filming, I got this from youtube. Not sure if that comment is directed to me or the guy filming...
edit on 7-11-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That's a lame excuse. If everyone stood on their hind leggs we would have the society we all so want.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by jhn7537

That's a lame excuse. If everyone stood on their hind leggs we would have the society we all so want.

Maybe it's lame, but I know a lot of people are always scared of the "unknown" and a person driving a car like a maniac in a crowded area would definitely make me question the sanity of the individual..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Grow a pair people...... I would have had that guy out of the car in seconds...... Had I been a motorist (any one of several) they could have easily pinned in that SUV. Despite "staying out of the way" several of them had their cars hit anyway.

Should have been proactive instead of being afraid. The outcome would have been the same, bent cars.

May years ago I got a beat down from five gang members on a "training mission". In the middle of the boardwalk in Venice Beach, with 1000 witnesses. I nearly killed one, put another in for reconstructive surgery and then I got pounded, pretty badly. While 1000 people watched. At least they all cheered when I got up beaten and bloody. Why did I get up? The cops pulled them off me. NOTHING tht the citizens right there could not have done themselves.

America has become a nation of cowards and sheep. This video proves it.

new topics

top topics

join