It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khan-Americans destroyed the Pakistan peace process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can't see this posted anywhere on ATS although I never seem to get along well with the new search engine so if it has already been posted I apologise.

I found the video here on a facebook page and it portrays the growing unrest and disillusionment of US foreign policy especially in regards to drone strikes..

The fact that the BBC is openly reporting this although appearing to take an impartial stance says a lot! Britain openly refusing to go to war with Syria and now the BBC reporting this all adds up to one thing..

Change!

It's going to be a bumpy ride..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The original video on the BBC facebook page is here.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well, that is one point of view, but if anyone thinks that the Taliban are going to simply lay down their arms, it would only be after they had acquired their goals. Pakistan is the next Afghanistan. What next, India?

I wonder, does this guy know exactly what has been agreed upon between the US administration and the leaders of Pak? I doubt it. Governments are fond of saying one thing and doing another and that is what most insiders believe is happening in that situation.

That statement said, I'm against our drones striking anywhere we determine we have enemies.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
He seems somewhat out of the loop to me. Something has been worked out and it seems through the lack of serious confrontational dialogue and the press is trying to make something out of nothing. The Taliban is without a doubt hardheaded but they are not idiots and know any direct engagement with US forces means they get slaughtered again. Finding places to hide has become problematic as well.

The drone program is run by the CIA and they have a long list of targets that given significant information they are going to go after them-and nothing is going to stop them. It makes the entire discussion in the press a mute point. The one they really want now is Nasir al Wuhayshi and some have said he may be hiding in the west in the false assumption that the CIA would not drone him out side the Middle East. Well, he is wrong because the CIA only releases information about drone strikes if it's in their interest-if not people just disappear. What ever the political ramifications in Pakistan is meaningless.

top topics

join