It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: worlds best ever scam?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Found a interesting video from ThunderfOOt and it certainly raises some questions.

www.youtube.com...

(If someone could put the vid up cos my button isn't working cheers)

Why does God want your money? he doesn't but the big religions do.
I just feel sorry for the poor dupes who buy into it all

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The biggest scam in the world - ABRAHAM. The fact that 1/2 the worlds population looks to him as the Father of their religion .... a man who may or may not have lived 4,000 years ago (he may not have existed) and who allegedly tried to murder his son because 'voices' told him too ... that's downright whacky. Not only do they look to him as the father of their religions, they celebrate his attempted psychotic murder as something wonderful and some even have a major religious holiday surrounding the attempted murder. YIKES.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Its because spreading of lies, story's and falsh hope costs money.

Look at modern corrupt politics.

Same game different name.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Passover is a pretty twisted thing to celebrate too lol. At least people don't bloody their doors anymore I guess.....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Religion = Opium of the masses.

Religion as an institution is used as a tool to control people. tell them how to think, how to feel, and who to hate and who to love. You grow up in any said religion; TOLD what to believe in and everyone else is wrong. If someone said they spoke to god today they would be sent to the nearest mental hospital. But... someone said they did thousands of years ago does it and that's fine. He's not crazy, he's a prophet or a saint.

I think anyone who holds onto a belief that a man in the sky is watching over them and has divine control over their lives is insane. Its illogical, and not based in any reality.

Yea you can say god exists and you go into that catch .22 argument 'Prove it does/doesn't exist.' you'll end up in a circular argument. I'm saying the institution itself is a tool of control, and the guy in the clouds in any said religion that it uses isn't based in reality.
edit on 11/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
ill put it this way

i DO believe this world isnt a coincidence, and that some greater power (even a god) may have put us here

but the `gods` known to humanity are absolute rubbish,and display all the human behaviours (anger/jelousy/violence etc) and is no more a god than you and me

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Don't worry if in this life you are a starving peasant, if you are under tyrannical rule from government and church institutions . It's OK, in the next life you will live like a lord in the kingdom of heaven. Look to the future, don't dwell on the present. Now is the time to feel guilty because god made you a sinner.
edit on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 06:37:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is why I dislike organised religion, maybe I could go as far to say hate it.

Now, don't get it twisted, I don't care about religion at all, but when you begin to organize it, you always will end up with greed, bribery, corruption, deception, and anything in between.

All religions claim to have the "truth" and when people claim to have the truth, power will inevitably follow. Because truth, is pure knowledge, and knowledge always results in power.

I'll give you an example from history. Back in the WW2 era, Germany was very advanced when it came to rocket technology. Their scientists created the V2 rockets, and that blew away all other countries technology in the same field. So since they were the only ones with this knowledge, it obviously made them more mighty and powerful.

Hell, in the middle ages when the pope started the inquisition, the church began basically trying to destroy and progress that was a threat to the church.

One of the most famous people to collide with the church was Galileo. Galileo was a astronomer, and his findings went against the teachings of the church. He was the one who proposed our solar system was heliocentric (the earth revolves around the sun) And at the time, it was commonly thought that earth was actually the center of the solar system.

Organised religion has done everything in its power to keep people brainwashed to believe in their particular faith. Because it generates money and power.

It's a load of bologna, and is a scam.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There you go.....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What?

Second line.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Click on the youtube icon. Add EsoC10TFCy4 into the field. The video will be posted.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If I had a dime for everytime someone, well, okay, me, had an impure thought and should run to confess it, I'd be sailing on the Med in a 150 foot yacht. Sailing right next to some of the best preachers in the world, who, continuously and like a rolling assembly line, laugh and laugh all the way to the bank.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Now that I know the sarcasm tag was missing, that makes more sense. For a second there I thought you had a bit too much of that Jesus juice.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Found a interesting video from ThunderfOOt and it certainly raises some questions.

www.youtube.com...

(If someone could put the vid up cos my button isn't working cheers)

Why does God want your money? he doesn't but the big religions do.
I just feel sorry for the poor dupes who buy into it all

Exodus 20

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

Taking the name of the Lord in vain is taking it apart from the character. Peter was warned in John 21.

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”

---Peter was warned. Peter had his first warning one day later (1000 years later). His second warning is today, 2000 years later. If he refuses today, he will not share in the Day of the Lord. This is when Babylon is removed. He will then rise after the next 1000 years in shame with Satan. The three days to raise the temple is 3000 years. Since Peter has rejected the right side of truth, he will die a death he does not what to experience. Why? He is being dressed (Served) rather than serving. Because of this, he cannot go where he wants to go. He is a slave.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water. 8 The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.[c] 9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

They caught 153 fish. 153 is the seventeenth triangular number. It represents the Vesica Pisces and is the square root of 2 and 3. This forms a cross. It is the difference between unity and multiplicity. Since Peter has fished on the left side, he has divided the church and the world. Babylon will fall because it failed to feed the sheep. Instead, they have hoarded the money and locked up the food in the Vatican Library.

edit on 6-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nah man...the abrocker was the biggest scam...at least the bible's free...

Å99

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

some people look at religion as a scam... but i look at today's organized religion as a Matrix created by menkind and revolves around abstract creations--- a totally mirror image of Religion would be the present Derivatives Markets
where it only has reality if you are involved with it...

the derivative paper are all abstract entities just like Saints and Deities are in modern Religion
en.wikipedia.org...

i am personally more connected with the 'spirit' of Nature...than with supernatural beings/deities held forth as Saviors or unseen entities that command the "worship=submission" of mankind

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

akushla99

Å99

Oh really, you don't say?

www.christianbook.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Don't be silly...$20.00 at a motel for a night, and there's a free one in the top drawer...

No free abrockers in motels, dude. (mainly 'cos they don't fit in the top drawer)

Å99
edit on 6-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

akushla99

Lingweenie

akushla99

Å99

www.christianbook.com...

Don't be silly...$20.00 at a motel for a night, and there's a free one in the top drawer...

No free abrockers in motels, dude. (mainly 'cos they don't fit in the top drawer)

Å99
edit on 6-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

You still realize that the motel/hotel bought that bible right?

I don't see why someone would rent a hotel only to read a bible for free..

Your still paying to read that bible indirectly.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join